Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Is Paul Scholes Suffering From….

Tourette’s?

I only ask because for years when he was a player he shunned the media, very rarely doing interviews outside of the in-house Man Utd TV station, fueling the rumour they would only air the bits that were suitable.

Since he has retired and been let off the Manchester United lease, he has become a pain in each of the managers who have replaced SAF, backsides with his constant criticisms of their work & how United play.

Today he has another dig at Jose, baiting him with “Guardiola would hate what Mourinho is doing” This after being put in his place by Jose during last season when he pointed out how poor a pundit Scholes was. Interestingly, this lead to Scholes becoming less frequent a guest on BT Sport.

The thing about football punditry is it gives you a platform to expose your own shortcomings, so it becomes a public display of weirdness, which, alas, Scholes behavior brings me to this thread question. 

• Upvote 1

Or he just thinks that anyone after Fergie is useless and no-one can ever be as good as him.

Why is Jose allowed to point out how poor he thinks Scholes is as a pundit but Scholes isn't allowed to have a dig back?

Do you just not like Paul Scholes, therefore think he is weird and has 'Tourettes'?

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Or he just thinks that anyone after Fergie is useless and no-one can ever be as good as him.

Why is Jose allowed to point out how poor he thinks Scholes is as a pundit but Scholes isn't allowed to have a dig back?

Do you just not like Paul Scholes, therefore think he is weird and has 'Tourettes'?

His loyalty towards Mourinho is very uncanny to a point where I questioned if he was actually Term-X for a period. 

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, Stan said:

So from your posting can we take it you believe Scholes is right in what he has been saying as a Pundit?

57 minutes ago, Cicero said:

His loyalty towards Mourinho is very uncanny to a point where I questioned if he was actually Term-X for a period. 

I take it Term-X saw through you too?  :dam:

7 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

I take it Term-X saw through you too?  :dam:

He also knew what Tourette syndrome was 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

So from your posting can we take it you believe Scholes is right in what he has been saying as a Pundit?

How did you get to that conclusion xD

Many United fans were surprised that Scholes became a pundit and have been shocked by some of his criticism. You never heard much comment from him as a player, so it was a big turn around to see him air his opinions.

On more serious note,  while I have dealt with family and friends with Autism Disorders such as Tourettee's and Aspergers, you lost me with Term X,  what is that about?

20 minutes ago, Cicero said:

He also knew what Tourette syndrome was 

Say @Dr. Gonzo Cicero thinks your someone called Term-X .

I advise you to prescribe him to run off and pick another Chelsea starting eleven that nobody is interested in  9_9

2 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

Many United fans were surprised that Scholes became a pundit and have been shocked by some of his criticism. You never heard much comment from him as a player, so it was a big turn around to see him air his opinions.

On more serious note,  while I have dealt with family and friends with Autism Disorders such as Tourettee's and Aspergers, you lost me with Term X,  what is that about?

Ah, United fan, much better. Why he keep digging at your managers mate?

Your latter question, dont worry..... It's who some think I am on this board   :rofl:

6 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

I advise you to prescribe him to run off and pick another Chelsea starting eleven that nobody is interested in  9_9

I thought Swifty was strange, but you definitely take the title as the most curious Chelsea member ever 

Not an easy feat given Swifty's notorious reputation. I sincerely applaud and congratulate you on this accomplishment. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Ah, United fan, much better. Why he keep digging at your managers mate?

Your latter question, dont worry..... It's who some think I am on this board   :rofl:

He has had good reason to attack our managers, we were horrid under Moyes and LVG and while we have improved under Mourinho, not anywhere as much as was expected. 

Just now, Redcanuck said:

He has had good reason to attack our managers, we were horrid under Moyes and LVG and while we have improved under Mourinho, not anywhere as good as was expected. 

But is he helping? That's what I dont get. Great for us I must say.

Did you just see Jose press conference? Wow

Just now, The Rebel CRS said:

Chelsea fans are either sound as fuck and very knowledgeable football fans or they are complete spacks. There is no in-between. For every @Cicero you get a swifty, for every @carefreeluke you have a Terminator X, or for every @True Blue you have a @The Liquidator

And for every shepherd we have a lamb ~ Thanks for following this thread @The Rebel CRS ~ I know exactly what you are now :ay:

The real question is whether Scholes improved the punditry team? Hard to tell. 

22 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

But is he helping? That's what I dont get. Great for us I must say.

Did you just see Jose press conference? Wow

Does it help?  Perhaps a little.  When your ex players turned pundits are saying the same thing as the fan base, I think there is a chance the powers that be at your club will take into account the criticism.  We all know they don't listen to the fans.  I would rather hear ex players give constructed criticism, than be nothing more than mouth pieces for the club.

Hard to see press conferences over here unless you go searching on the net.  The last one I saw was Jose talking about the great facilities at UCLA, how he was happy with United's full backs and he wants two more players, presumably a CB and RW.

Sky are now leading with his refusal to answer if he was happy with his squad, with Fred, & it could challenge for the Premier League?

So what are you saying Mate.... You want Jose out?

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

The real question is whether Scholes improved the punditry team? Hard to tell. 

Thanks for that Stan ~ I was right  :ay:

11 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Sky are now leading with his refusal to answer if he was happy with his squad, with Fred, & it could challenge for the Premier League?

So what are you saying Mate.... You want Jose out?

He has said he wants at least two new players so he can't be happy with the squad.  If United get the players he wants, I suspect he would believe they can challenge for the title.

No I don't want Jose out, but there is room for improvement.

1 minute ago, Redcanuck said:

He has said he wants at least two new players so he can't be happy with the squad.  If United get the players he wants, I suspect he would believe they can challenge for the title.

No I don't want Jose out, but there is room for improvement.

Ok, but if asked what percentage of United fans want to see a change in manager, what would your figure be? Please bare in mind its his 3rd year with you.

9 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Ok, but if asked what percentage of United fans want to see a change in manager, what would your figure be? Please bare in mind its his 3rd year with you.

Hard to put numbers on it.   I would say that a majority are disapointed but most are willing to give him at least another year. Certainly the majority dont like his style of football and prefer the football other clubs in the top 6 play.    There is a hell of a lot negativity around the United boards at the moment but that is down to no transfer activity in the last five weeks.  Fans were pretty optimistic after we signed Fred and Dalot and it would pick up again if we make a few signings in the next couple of weeks.  Mourinho signed a new contract til the end of the 2020 season (plus option year) and unless this season is a disaster, I think he remains as United's manager for awhile yet. He doesn't seem to have the options he once had and the Glazer's seem happy with a top four finish and a couple long runs in the cups.

1 hour ago, The Liquidator said:

At least you admitted you don't know what Tourette's is.

:ay:

19 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

Hard to put numbers on it.   I would say that a majority are disapointed but most are willing to give him at least another year. Certainly the majority dont like his style of football and prefer the football other clubs in the top 6 play.    There is a hell of a lot negativity around the United boards at the moment but that is down to no transfer activity in the last five weeks.  Fans were pretty optimistic after we signed Fred and Dalot and it would pick up again if we make a few signings in the next couple of weeks.  Mourinho signed a new contract til the end of the 2020 season (plus option year) and unless this season is a disaster, I think he remains as United's manager for awhile yet. He doesn't seem to have the options he once had and the Glazer's seem happy with a top four finish and a couple long runs in the cups.

He really did look pissed off this morning, LA time.

So what about defenders? You know what I have said about them since he has been there. Do you think there is any truth in he is willing move on most players for 4 new defenders?

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-united/manchester-united-target-four-top-class-defenders-as-pogba-set-for-move-away-premier-league-transfer-rumours-37149392.html