Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Wednesday 12th April - Dortmund 2-3 Monaco

SirBalon    1,679
2 minutes ago, ATL said:

Would it be good though? Wasn't it pitiful how little people went to their CL final against Porto?

I'm talking about football and not how many fans a particular club have mate.  Monaco for all the money they may have access to don't actually have any of the world's football stars and have found it difficult to attract and even maintain their highest profile players.  If they manage to win this, it would be great for European football...  Few real football fans care for Barça, Real, Bayern or a few of the other "super clubs" around.

Eco    531
1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

I'm talking about football and not how many fans a particular club have mate.  Monaco for all the money they may have access to don't actually have any of the world's football stars and have found it difficult to attract and even maintain their highest profile players.  If they manage to win this, it would be great for European football...  Few real football fans care for Barça, Real, Bayern or a few of the other "super clubs" around.

Falcao has been a world star, but I see what you mean.

What this would prove to me, IMO, is that any billionaire can buy a club that has no fan base, and build them into a CL Champion. At least that is the impression I get.

Pusilic is coming on!!!!!!

Eco    531

Dortmund Score!

That looked weird, but no flags.

2-1 Monaco still ahead.

Cicero    1,573

Just a matter of when Dortmund will get the 2nd. Been all over them 

Cure    193

Yet another goal for Monaco through Kylian Mbappé. You could hear the ball hit the net. Very powerful drive from a deadly finisher.

Eco    531

...I think this is probably it for Dortmund.

Eco    531

Still not sure Dortmund can come back against this Monaco team, but that second goal was needed. A 3rd would be massive.

Stan    2,887

Sympathise with Dortmund under the circumstances they had to play in but there was always going to be goals in this one. Should be Monaco going through. What a night for Mbappe though. 

Tommy    1,251

Very unfortunate game. Two irregular goals for Monaco, and then Dortmund played some of the best attacking football I've seen this season. And then an unfortunate blunder from Piszczek. Ah well, still hope for the 2nd leg. 

6666    376

Tie obviously not over but it'll be hard for Dortmund in the second leg. Despite Monaco's attacking strength, Jardim made his reputation on defensive solidity.

Chaaay AFC    164

Just saw Nuri Sahin's interview, nothing but respect for the man. In tough circumstances he gave one of the best interviews I have ever seen from a player.

Really think Dortmund should've been given more time for then a day. I know it would have been incredibly awkward for Monaco fans and UEFA, but this was a very serious event that happened to them.

• Upvote 1

Stan    2,887
1 hour ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Just saw Nuri Sahin's interview, nothing but respect for the man. In tough circumstances he gave one of the best interviews I have ever seen from a player.

Really think Dortmund should've been given more time for then a day. I know it would have been incredibly awkward for Monaco fans and UEFA, but this was a very serious event that happened to them.

Echo this. Class interview and class for him to give the time to speak about it, you can hear the emotion yet strength in his voice. Especially when he talks about the privilege of being a footballer but at the end of the day, they're human beings too. 

ScoRoss    202

Article behind a paywall. But if you go to their Twitter timeline there is more details on the attack.

53 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Article behind a paywall. But if you go to their Twitter timeline there is more details on the attack.

The times is a little late. :P