talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

England 1-0 Switzerland - Tuesday 11th September

football forums

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't realise this match was on sky. The robbing cunts have even put it on main event so if you have the football and premier league channel you can't watch it.

11 hours ago, Danny said:

Waking up at 7am to watch an England B team struggle to get past Switzerland. Cannot wait

Not a dig at you but noticed this sort of attitude a lot over the past few days. After a summer of backing the England side, Gareth Southgate and the players selected, it seems that the general consensus is back to England being uncool and nobody seems bothered by them. 

A lad I worked with had an England flag up around the office during the World Cup and wore an England shirt at Work on days where England played. I was speaking to him Friday and mentioned I was off to Wembley and he replied “I hate watching England friendlies”. 

This hasn’t even sold out but on the radio that said tickets are £55! Not sure who sets the prices, FA? Or Leicester? But this is a missed opportunity if The walkers bowl isn’t to capacity. Let’s keeo that feel good factor going and see England play in front of full stadiums (at affordable prices) 

10 minutes ago, Marc said:

This hasn’t even sold out but on the radio that said tickets are £55! Not sure who sets the prices, FA? Or Leicester? But this is a missed opportunity if The walkers bowl isn’t to capacity. Let’s keeo that feel good factor going and see England play in front of full stadiums (at affordable prices) 

I would have guessed The FA but I’m not sure. 

I’m not surprised that £55 tickets aren’t sold out for a friendly. I paid £30 for the Spain game on Saturday. 

1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

Not a dig at you but noticed this sort of attitude a lot over the past few days. After a summer of backing the England side, Gareth Southgate and the players selected, it seems that the general consensus is back to England being uncool and nobody seems bothered by them. 

A lad I worked with had an England flag up around the office during the World Cup and wore an England shirt at Work on days where England played. I was speaking to him Friday and mentioned I was off to Wembley and he replied “I hate watching England friendlies”. 

I get what you're saying, personally I've always followed England (well watching on the television anyway) whether we've been shit or shitter, there would have been a lot of people over the Summer getting into it when they've probably spent the last decade slagging us off, not watching or backing the team.

I'm under no illusions as to how limited our team is, hence the comment 😂 But I'll still be waking up for it.

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Something to do with supporting Kick it Out...

Ah, ok I get that now.  Anything that's positive in regards to eradicating the negatives of anti social behaviour is something I'm all for.  It's a positive thing although I don't know how much it helps.

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Marc said:

It's the FA, not Leicester. This one's not on us yet people will mistakenly think it is. £55 is a disgrace. Mine was only £25.

Archived