Morecambe vs Swindon
Northampton vs Cheltenham
Oldham vs Newport
Stevenage vs Macclesfield
Tranmere vs Colchester

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough start for Harry Kewell and Notts County away at Exeter. The home side will be keen to get a result too after getting spanked on their own turf by Lincoln.

Got a feeling they may be waiting for that first win a little bit longer. Can't say I'd be terribly gutted to see Kewell struggle...

Pretty interesting, but I noticed that Crewe were set o play Mansfield, but that is has been postponed due to the Stags having 3 players called up for international duty. 

Pearce for Barbados
Sterling-James for St. Kitts
Sweeney for the Republic of Ireland U21s

• Subscriber
On 05/09/2018 at 19:07, Dan said:

I keep saying I'm going to do more groundhopping, and that's exactly what I'm going to be doing this weekend. I'm going to Cambridge v Carlisle with a mate.

Let me know how it goes. Used to manage at least half a dozen games at Cambridge a season when my Mum was still working there. Mostly summer holiday friendlies to be fair. Have only been once in the last few years and that was the FA Trophy final at Wembley like an absolute day tripper. 

Been a pretty indifferent start to the season but last weekend at Stevenage was a good win.

On 05/09/2018 at 19:07, Dan said:

I keep saying I'm going to do more groundhopping, and that's exactly what I'm going to be doing this weekend. I'm going to Cambridge v Carlisle with a mate.

No good pubs near the ground (we ended up in a Thai restaurant/pub last time I went), though they have a pretty big Supporters club from memory that should let you in. 

It's over. 1-1 draw for Pompey. 

Not a great result at all, however, we were outplayed today and still pulled out the points. We are the better team, but missed Ronan and we need to be starting Pittman up front. 

• Subscriber

Carlisle won 1-2. I thought in truth it was two poor sides, Cambridge took a deserved lead in the first half but Carlisle equalised out of absolutely nothing. Second half Cambridg seemed to get worse while Carlisle were happy to just soak the game up and take their chance when it came. Cambridge are on a pretty shoddy run of results at home now but I'm not totally surprised. Thought Deegan was their best player by a mile and had people around me clearly in agreement when they moaned about him being subbed. Didn't really rate Cambridge's forwards.

Thought the ground was pretty standard for that level, nothing fancy but that's kind of how I like it really. It wasn't a bad atmosphere at times behind the goal either.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived