• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - Saturday 29th September

football forum

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

It don't half remind me of when we played these away around four years ago in our first year up, they were winless and we turned up and succumbed to a 1-0 loss.

I do think they're going to be under-estimated by people mind. They aren't that bad. They came here and beat us more comfortably than the 1-2 scoreline suggests in April and they've had a nasty start - strangely between both Leicester and Newcastle, we've played all of the top six and have delivered a 2-1 loss on every occasion.

I want to think Bournemouth was a blip, Huddersfield last week was much better (granted against poor opposition) and Wolves I thought was a decent performance too. I'm still on the unsure on Puel camp here and don't really get how either 'side' is so veciforous in their views.

I've put 1-0 Newcastle on predictions but I'm covering my arse a bit. I expect a tight game. Draw probably isn't a bad bet.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

We've lost before it has begun. Rondon, Dummett and Fernandez out. Yedlin a doubt.

Make shift back 4 coming up. Clark will end up left back and Schar will have to start.

Not convinced we'll make it that easy.

You're winless. We've come off the back of a couple of good wins (albeit one on penalties) and it's the kind of game we would end up losing and giving you your first 3 points of the season. You could play Benitez in defence and you'd probably still not lose xD

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Not convinced we'll make it that easy.

You're winless. We've come off the back of a couple of good wins (albeit one on penalties) and it's the kind of game we would end up losing and giving you your first 3 points of the season. You could play Benitez in defence and you'd probably still not lose xD

Our defence is our strength, attack our weakness. Fernandez was the best player on the park against Palace. Having the defence torn up with injuries means you'll at least score but could get more.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Harvsky said:

We've lost before it has begun. Rondon, Dummett and Fernandez out. Yedlin a doubt.

Make shift back 4 coming up. Clark will end up left back and Schar will have to start.

You haven't. We may win but I'm nowhere near that confident.

I reckon probably a draw which we look the more likely to win.

We also have a horrible knack of ending these kind of runs, as you saw four years back.

10 hours ago, Dan said:

You haven't. We may win but I'm nowhere near that confident.

I reckon probably a draw which we look the more likely to win.

We also have a horrible knack of ending these kind of runs, as you saw four years back.

If we were full strength I'd fancy us to win. Now it will be very blind with so many more "on the day" factors.

• Administrator

DoQubczXcAA6Msm.jpg

Schmeichel 

Amartey - Morgan - Maguire - Chilwell

Ndidi - Mendy

Ricardo - Maddison - Iheanacho

Vardy

Ricardo is much better going forward. Lot of pace in that attacking line-up and if Maddison/Iheanacho/Vardy can link-up like they did last week then that'll be pleasing.

Surprised Morgan comes back in. Thought Evans would play.

No Sokratis today which is a worry. Has been good recently and would trust him more to deal with aggressive, dirty forwards more than Mustafi & Holding who might get easily pushed around. Just hope the officials know what a foul looks like today.

• Subscriber

This is absolutely horrific viewing. I like Calvert-Lewin but there's no way he offers more up front than Tosun even if Cenk hasn't scored this season.

Have to mention Seri's elbow on Sigurdsson and that other bloke studding Richarlison in the thigh and both going without even a booking. Neither should have been reds but both could have been if the referee was in a different mood.

Sessegnon should have put them ahead after our defence went AWOL out of nowhere there. Shock horror.

• Administrator

Scrappy game for the most part. Passing from both teams is poor. Newcastle had a good chance through a Diame header before we scored. 

Maguire made a very good tackle before Joselu had a chance to fire. Took very long to decide to shoot or pass though. 

1 hour ago, 6666 said:

No Sokratis today which is a worry. Has been good recently and would trust him more to deal with aggressive, dirty forwards more than Mustafi & Holding who might get easily pushed around. Just hope the officials know what a foul looks like today.

Looks like that was too much to ask for.

• Subscriber

Penalty to us. Somewhere between never a penalty and an extremely soft one. Maybe it's technically a penalty these days but you see players get away with that constantly. That one goes our way but Sigurdsson hits the bar the stupid absolute cunt.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived