• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - Saturday 29th September

football forum

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Iwobi coming on has changed the game. Been in good form recently. Deserves to start the next league game.

But but Iwobi's not very good

• Administrator

Solid win and happy with the 3 points and clean sheet.

Scrappy, average mid-table-esque first half but we took control I thought in the 2nd. Can't recall them ever testing Schmeichel in that 2nd half and it was important we got the second goal to ensure we saw out the game.

Mendy and Maguire dominant for different reasons. 

Potential banana skin game for us but coming away with 3 points, can't complain.

• Subscriber

Sigurdsson again with the third. Fulham finished with ten men due to a late injury to one of their players so a bit unlucky but that was a very good second half performance from us.

The first half was very scrappy and shows we still have plenty to work on. A poor touch from Vietto let us off at 1-0 along with sharp reactions from Pickford and 3-0 is arguably slightly flattering but I'm happy with what I've seen today. Some moments of real quality especially with Gylfis first finish and Walcott's cross for the second goal. First clean sheet of the season as well.

Fulham seem to play a pretty similar way to us but we just have a few better players than them in the final third. I think they'll be okay and they didn't piss me off. Mainly probably because they let us win. Soft southern fairies.

Leicester away next will be an interesting game and a good test.

Only caught the last 20 and we looked a shambles to start with, goal changed the game and we got another on the break. I do feel for Emery, he has a lot of good players but it's just impossible to get them all in. Big decisions will have to be made otherwise we could be on the end of a hiding. Overall you can't complain 5 wins in a row in the league along with 2 clean sheets in a row, very happy with the results so far.

Unless something substantial changes we are going down I am afraid. There is a chronic lack of quality and form in attack. 

There's little we can do about it either. Many fans every season across numerous clubs cry out that they are going down. It's usually a panic cry that something needs to be done. Unfortunately mine is not that. There's little we can do. I cry out not from anger but the sadness of neglect.

We had 1 shot on target and it was from our own half.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Harvsky said:

Unless something substantial changes we are going down I am afraid. There is a chronic lack of quality and form in attack. 

There's little we can do about it either. Many fans every season across numerous clubs cry out that they are going down. It's usually a panic cry that something needs to be done. Unfortunately mine is not that. There's little we can do. I cry out not from anger but the sadness of neglect.

Oh yeah forgot about that Shelvey effort. Good try to be fair. 

• Subscriber

That stat about the shots xD

I thought we played well today. Our best performance of the season. It was quite similar to last year where I thought we were very good at their place then as well.

Mendy, Maddison and Maguire the standouts. Maddison is an exceptionally talented player and he'll be first choice for England by the Euros is my guess. All the technical ability you want in a creative midfielder and growing in confidence. Mendy I think has been a contender for MOTM in both of the last two games, he's really starting to get to grips with us now and fair play to him.

I don't think a single player had a bad game for us today.

Newcastle were abysmal. Genuinely a Championship level XI they had out today. Two weeks running I think we've won well but on both occasions we've been up against absolute bilge. I think they'll survive as I think Rafa will have some tricks up his sleeve over the course of the season but it's pathetic that a club like that is once again competing with sides who went up completely unexpectedly. What a waste of a potential it really is. I think it every time I go to Newcastle - sensational ground in a brilliant location, massive fanbase yet pure dirge on the pitch and the fans apathetic as a result.

19 hours ago, Harvsky said:

Interestingly it doesn't seem like Newcastle fans have turned on Benitez. More against Ashley

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Interestingly it doesn't seem like Newcastle fans have turned on Benitez. More against Ashley

Final Score and the commentator for BBC, Vikki Sparks, during our game said there were some murmurs and some boos at half-time and throughout 2nd half, more so when Ritchie was subbed. As you say mainly towards Ashley pre-game.

19 hours ago, Harvsky said:

And yet you sold Mitrovic...bizarre decision from Rafa regardless of historical performances for Newcastle the guy has been in top form for the last 8-10 months!

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Final Score and the commentator for BBC, Vikki Sparks, during our game said there were some murmurs and some boos at half-time and throughout 2nd half, more so when Ritchie was subbed. As you say mainly towards Ashley pre-game.

I dont think Benitez can be blaimed. Newcastle have made profit on transfers and not broke their transfer record for 13 years.  Its Mike Ashleys fault

2 minutes ago, roversgirl said:

And yet you sold Mitrovic...bizarre decision from Rafa regardless of historical performances for Newcastle the guy has been in top form for the last 8-10 months!

It might not have been Rafa's choice

1 minute ago, roversgirl said:

Wouldn't make much of a difference. Mitrovic didn't work in our setup, Daryl Murphy was better than him. He admitted himself he didn't do the running Rafa asked of him. 

Letting Dwight Gayle go is a much bigger mistake. He didn't score many but he was part of a team structure and pattern of play that was working. Mitrovic wasn't able to deliver to that pattern of play.

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

The boos at half time were small and beaten back by applause. There weren't boos throughout the 2nd half, that's a strange way for them to put ordinary groans of frustrstion. There were loud boos at Ritchie being subbed off. You know that 5% every club has who turn first, the ones who scream so quickly and easily, our 5% are slowly starting to turn as Rafa is doing the same thing and expecting different results. What actually happened after the Ritchie sub booing were chants for Rafa by some. If form continues this way then fans are going to split intensely. Social media fighting has already started but I can envisage people physically fighting in the stands as well.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived