• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

EPL Finances 2015/16

Recommended Posts

If you're not familiar with Swiss Ramble, they do excellent breakdowns of football finances from England and abroad.

Pretty horrific reading for Aston Villa fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liverpool have the 3rd highest wage bill. Only Man Utd and Chelsea with wages higher. Their squad isn't filled with that many big names and nor is it that big so that's a bit surprising.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fuck sake don't show LFCMike this. It's devastating to his anti FSG case. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liverpool employ a stupid amount of admin/commercial staff which is a reason why for our wage bill. The other factor for us being third in wages is that Man City took a load of staff off their wage bill and put them through their parent company. Anyone thinking that Liverpool pay their football players more than Man City is mental.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Halewood in disguise?

xD

Nah Mike's all good. He's just got a wierd theory that FSG don't spend any money and dont pay high wages as well as them being not interested in winning things despite us being in 5 finals in 5 years, 2 semi-finals and almost winning the league.  He also thinks that FSG expanded the stadium and upgraded the academy/training facilities to line their own pockets and that Jurgen Klopp was only hired to increase merchandise sales in India :what:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That new stand is a money maker like. Been going to Anfield for years and never seen anything like it before. It was weird. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HK85 said:

That new stand is a money maker like. Been going to Anfield for years and never seen anything like it before. It was weird. 

Why else do a club expand its stadium? 

Its to make money! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Why else do a club expand its stadium? 

Its to make money! 

Oh I know and it attracts the bigger spenders that go the game. It's at the detriment to everything Anfield has been before though. That block directly to the right of the away fans used to be good, upper and lower, now it's shite, well it was on Saturday. 

It's like that middle bit at Wembley behind the dugouts. Or everywhere at Stamford Bridge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Oh I know and it attracts the bigger spenders that go the game. It's at the detriment to everything Anfield has been before though. That block directly to the right of the away fans used to be good, upper and lower, now it's shite, well it was on Saturday. 

It's like that middle bit at Wembley behind the dugouts. Or everywhere at Stamford Bridge. 

I know it's altered the dynamics somewhat but it had to be done. We couldn't stand still. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

xD

Nah Mike's all good. He's just got a wierd theory that FSG don't spend any money and dont pay high wages as well as them being not interested in winning things despite us being in 5 finals in 5 years, 2 semi-finals and almost winning the league.  He also thinks that FSG expanded the stadium and upgraded the academy/training facilities to line their own pockets and that Jurgen Klopp was only hired to increase merchandise sales in India :what:

If you think Liverpool are performing to their potential on the pitch then fair enough but I see that as accepting mediocrity given the way we've performed since 2010. They're not interested in busting a gut to make Liverpool great on the pitch because they don't need to. They can happily tick along in 5th to 8th place with the odd season in the Champions League.

I didn't say that about Jurgen Klopp. Billy Hogan said something along those lines though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

If you think Liverpool are performing to their potential on the pitch then fair enough but I see that as accepting mediocrity given the way we've performed since 2010. They're not interested in busting a gut to make Liverpool great on the pitch because they don't need to. They can happily tick along in 5th to 8th place with the odd season in the Champions League.

I didn't say that about Jurgen Klopp. Billy Hogan said something along those lines though.

Of course we could have done better on the pitch since 2010 but FSG (although not perfect by any means) have provided enough funds and paid high enough wages for us to have been more successful than we have been. 

Its also clear that in hiring Klopp, expanding the stadium and upgrading all training facilities that they have potentially laid good enough foundations for us to be more successful in the future. 

Apparently Klopp is going to be handed a significant war chest this summer to improve the squad so let's see if this money is spent a little bit more wisely than in the past  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Of course we could have done better on the pitch since 2010 but FSG (although not perfect by any means) have provided enough funds and paid high enough wages for us to have been more successful than we have been. 

Its also clear that in hiring Klopp, expanding the stadium and upgrading all training facilities that they have potentially laid good enough foundations for us to be more successful in the future. 

Apparently Klopp is going to be handed a significant war chest this summer to improve the squad so let's see if this money is spent a little bit more wisely than in the past  

 

They have spent enough on transfers, I agree. Their policies are a significant reason as to why it's been spent badly though.

I hold out hope that things may change under Klopp but I'm not convinced. Will they hide behind the 'Klopp wants to develop players' bollocks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

They have spent enough on transfers, I agree. Their policies are a significant reason as to why it's been spent badly though.

I hold out hope that things may change under Klopp but I'm not convinced. Will they hide behind the 'Klopp wants to develop players' bollocks?

It depends what you want/prefer personally I suppose. I don't mind the 'buy young and develop strategy to be honest but it has to implemented properly with a good scouting network in place and a manager who knows exactly what he wants in certain areas of the pitch. 

I much prefer that to the 'spunk loads on ready made stars at the tail end of their career' strategy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

It depends what you want/prefer personally I suppose. I don't mind the 'buy young and develop strategy to be honest but it has to implemented properly with a good scouting network in place and a manager who knows exactly what he wants in certain areas of the pitch. 

I much prefer that to the 'spunk loads on ready made stars at the tail end of their career' strategy. 

I'd prefer a mix of both. I don't expect us to be signing from the very top bracket but signing young players and players from midtable clubs for ridiculous money and hoping they make the step up gets you where we've been for the last 6 years or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I'd prefer a mix of both. I don't expect us to be signing from the very top bracket but signing young players and players from midtable clubs for ridiculous money and hoping they make the step up gets you where we've been for the last 6 years or so.

And none of that is FSG's fault! They've fronted the money but it's been squandered by the people charged with making transfers. 

Its hard to believe that you can't see that?!? You're surely not that thick?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

And none of that is FSG's fault! They've fronted the money but it's been squandered by the people charged with making transfers. 

Its hard to believe that you can't see that?!? You're surely not that thick?

What do you not understand about the fact that the people they employ are merely there to front the owners' policies and aims? The manager, previous directors of football or whatever are just their human shield and everyone keeps falling for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

What do you not understand about the fact that the people they employ are merely there to front the owners' policies and aims? The manager, previous directors of football or whatever are just their human shield and everyone keeps falling for it.

Oh, so if we had won all of the five finals we have been in and won the league that we were so close to winning ... would you still have the same view?

Bore off, you've read somewhere that FSG are the big bad wolves and now you can't let it drop  

 

Mike ...

 

The ....

 

 

IMG_1932.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Oh, so if we had won all of the five finals we have been in and won the league that we were so close to winning ... would you still have the same view?

Bore off, you've read somewhere that FSG are the big bad wolves and now you can't let it drop  

 

Mike ...

 

The ....

 

We only won one of the four finals though and didn't win the league...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

We only won one of the four finals though and didn't win the league...

And that FSG's fault how?

Sort it out Mike

You all lord Spurs for how they run things but yet they have been nowhere near 5 finals and a league win. 

Absolute troll!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

And that FSG's fault how?

Sort it out Mike

You all lord Spurs for how they run things but yet they have been nowhere near 5 finals and a league win. 

Absolute troll!

The lack of progress (well, we've gone backwards) since we finished second is evident. There was no looking to build on that. 

I don't think I've ever mentioned Spurs. I wouldn't because I'm not arsed what they do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We should be mentioned however, as we really don't get enough credit for being where we are.

brpE1Dg.jpg

We spent between £95 million and £132 million less than every other team in the top five. We have a brand new training ground, an incredible new stadium on the way, one of the best young managers in the game and some brilliant young talent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LFCMike said:

The lack of progress (well, we've gone backwards) since we finished second is evident. There was no looking to build on that. 

I don't think I've ever mentioned Spurs. I wouldn't because I'm not arsed what they do

In fact, i may have mentioned their new stadium which i do think is one thing we should have done. Staying at Anfield is only holding Liverpool back in terms of potential capacity, which in turn would give the club a better opportunity to get as many younger, more local fans into the stadium. But they're only interested in the once a season daytripper who'll spend £300 in the club shop while they're there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/04/2017 at 11:59 AM, LFCMike said:

Liverpool employ a stupid amount of admin/commercial staff which is a reason why for our wage bill. The other factor for us being third in wages is that Man City took a load of staff off their wage bill and put them through their parent company. Anyone thinking that Liverpool pay their football players more than Man City is mental.

I agree with this. 

Our highest earner, Coutinho, earns around 150k. Compare that to players of other clubs who are on 200K+. FSG's model is not to retain high earners in the side, and in turn buy players with resale value. That is not a recipe for success. Our wage bill is bloated because of the staffers who look after our revenues.

However, they haven' t been entirely bad. They have splashed cash on transfers. We have to also factor in the damage that was caused after Rafa's departure. Too many bad decisions were made after that, and with Klopp we seem to be on a path to correction. I wont say FSG are bad owners, if anything they are better than average. But I don't see them really committing themselves to make us world beaters. They would be more than pleased if we consistently finish in top 4 and exploit our marketing potential. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

In fact, i may have mentioned their new stadium which i do think is one thing we should have done. Staying at Anfield is only holding Liverpool back in terms of potential capacity, which in turn would give the club a better opportunity to get as many younger, more local fans into the stadium. But they're only interested in the once a season daytripper who'll spend £300 in the club shop while they're there.

Jesus Christ I don't think I've ever met anyone as downbeat and miserable in all my life xD

Is there anything at all you like about the club? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

I agree with this. 

Our highest earner, Coutinho, earns around 150k. Compare that to players of other clubs who are on 200K+. FSG's model is not to retain high earners in the side, and in turn buy players with resale value. That is not a recipe for success. Our wage bill is bloated because of the staffers who look after our revenues.

However, they haven' t been entirely bad. They have splashed cash on transfers. We have to also factor in the damage that was caused after Rafa's departure. Too many bad decisions were made after that, and with Klopp we seem to be on a path to correction. I wont say FSG are bad owners, if anything they are better than average. But I don't see them really committing themselves to make us world beaters. They would be more than pleased if we consistently finish in top 4 and exploit our marketing potential. 

So they are basically exactly the same as every football club owner in the world bar the Sheiks?

Oh and I love it how 2 people on this forum have the inside information on Liverpool FC which enables them to share information such as staff numbers and staff salaries. 

Lovely stuff! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Jesus Christ I don't think I've ever met anyone as downbeat and miserable in all my life xD

Is there anything at all you like about the club? 

 

9 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

So they are basically exactly the same as every football club owner in the world bar the Sheiks?

Oh and I love it how 2 people on this forum have the inside information on Liverpool FC which enables them to share information such as staff numbers and staff salaries. 

Lovely stuff! 

The information was out there after the accounts for 15/16 were released. I can't remember where i read it now about the staff numbers but the information is out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, LFCMike said:

 

The information was out there after the accounts for 15/16 were released. I can't remember where i read it now about the staff numbers but the information is out there.

Funny that, you never seam to have anything to back up your wierd theories?

I very much doubt we employ that many more commercial staff than the other top clubs and it's an absolute certainty that it makes no difference whatsoever when comparing wage bills between clubs, especially us compared to a club funded by Sheiks.  

Anyway ballacks to it. I'm sick of going over this shite. 

Edited by LFCMadLad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It shows what a complete waste of space Randy Lerner was. Mr Xia better not be a false dawn otherwise we're fucked

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

It shows what a complete waste of space Randy Lerner was. Mr Xia better not be a false dawn otherwise we're fucked

What were Aston Villa spending on their wages on? Their wage bill was incredible for such a poor squad. Such reckless spending.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement