Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Other Matches - Saturday 3rd November, 2018

Cardiff Cardiff CIty vs Leicester City Leicester

Everton Everton vs Brighton Brighton

Newcastle Newcastle vs Watford Watford

West Ham West Ham vs Burnley Burnley

All 15.00 (GMT) kick-offs.

Should really be a Cardiff v Leicester thread given the ‘story’ around that game and a lot more eyes will be on it compared with normal. 

Said before in the other thread that I'm not sure what sort of atmosphere to expect on Saturday. 

We need to be looking to win this, but have a feeling that Leicester will come out guns blazing and we'll lose.

It's going to be an emotional one for us, but I will say that there would be no more fitting tribute than going out there and putting in a performance to be proud of as that's exactly what he'd have wanted.

I'm not going to be hard on the team for a while after what's happened as different people treat these things in different ways.

But some of these players have demonstrated real character in the past and I think they can do it again.

I think we will win.

Our last game without Vichai at the club was, incredibly, away at Cardiff. We lost on penalties. Kermorgant.

We have a hideous record at this ground.

I'm expecting a special away end tomorrow, and I think Cardiff City will show a real touch of class as well if what they've said this week is to go by.

Make him proud.

• Like 1

Same side that beat Fulham for us today. No Zohore on the bench which is interesting and Ward is fit enough for the bench.

I'm sure @Stan and @Dan fully understand that when it hits 3, I want us to not give too much respect and look to win the game.

1 minute ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Same side that beat Fulham for us today. No Zohore on the bench which is interesting and Ward is fit enough for the bench.

I'm sure @Stan and @Dan fully understand that when it hits 3, I want us to not give too much respect and look to win the game.

of course. there were talks earleir this week of muted celebrations if you were to score. I don't think that should be the case and would be quite odd to see.

Unchanged side for us. Was hoping we'd see Lookman or maybe Tosun come in as the front four have been a bit hit and miss since the Leicester game but will go along with this.

Brilliant counter attack and Richarlison gives us a deserved lead.

Brighton equalise from a short corner. Typical Everton bullshit on a Saturday afternoon.

Sol Bamba makes a great save for Cardiff, if you ignore the fact he’s not a keeper. Should have been a penalty and a red card.

Ridiculous that we aren't winning this. By far the better team for 30 minutes and 1-0 ahead then give away another set piece goal. Sort it out boys. 

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Ridiculous that we aren't winning this. By far the better team for 30 minutes and 1-0 ahead then give away another set piece goal. Sort it out boys. 

The first half highlights just came on here and you do look much better than them. Those green shirts of theirs are also very irritating.

Cannot believe how we haven't got a penalty and Cardiff down to 10 men, there. 

Vardy has a shot and Bamba saves it to tip it on to the bar and out for a corner. 

Ref or lino don't see it and we're denied a stonewall penalty. Twice in two away games denied a handball in the box. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Cannot believe how we haven't got a penalty and Cardiff down to 10 men, there. 

Vardy has a shot and Bamba saves it to tip it on to the bar and out for a corner. 

Ref or lino don't see it and we're denied a stonewall penalty. Twice in two away games denied a handball in the box. 

Didn't quite see it from my end as I thought Vardy just hit the bar, but my mate (who's closer to the goal) mentioned that Morrison's reaction suggested it was a penalty.

If that's the case, we're very lucky indeed.

3 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Didn't quite see it from my end as I thought Vardy just hit the bar, but my mate (who's closer to the goal) mentioned that Morrison's reaction suggested it was a penalty.

If that's the case, we're very lucky indeed.

It's all set up for Bamba to score the winner now when he shouldn't even be on the pitch xD. Always seems to happen against us.

Another occasion where referee will have no kind of 'punishment' (for lack of a better word) after an outrageously poor decision. 

Goal! Coleman's first since the leg break. Great finish bottom corner from the edge of the area.

Newcastle lead! Looked from the highlights that Watford dominated the first half but Perez puts the home side ahead after 65 minutes.

3 goals in 10 minutes against the top sitters.

Come on let's kill these fuckers off before Knockaert or Murray equalise in the 89th minute.

I know it's a rule, as shit as it is, but Probert booked Gray for taking his shirt off to show a message for Vichai after he scored. 

Firstly how is it even a rule and secondly, where's the sensitivity given the circumstances? Lee Probert has had a mare. 

I remember a referee taking common sense in to account when Billy Sharp scored after his son died and showed a message under his shirt, ref didn't book him. 

Richarlison 💙💙💙💙💙.

3-1 surely game over.

But this is Everton so touch wood.

• Upvote 1

Just now, AMG said:

4-0

Srbeny scores with his first touch on the ball

What league is this? xD

Mina on for a 5 minute debut for us. He'll have to start next week at Chelsea as Zouma will be unavailable.

West Ham and Burnley having a mad one. Anderson scoring twice in a 4-2 win for the hosts.

Newcastle and Leicester look set to hold onto 1-0 wins.

Very accomplished performance from us to beat Brighton 3-1. Could easily have been more.

• Upvote 1