talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other News & General Chat

football forums

If the shoe was on the other foot, there would be no uproar. I'm sure he was a peaceful chap.

The video is clearly used as a tool to moan about the emergency services, who are clearly having a hard enough time as it is dealing with the absolute farce that this country is turning into.

1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

A short video, which lacks context and the whole event, made to perpetuate a narrative against the emergency services. 

Not sure what context justifies an officer kicking and stamping on a restrained person's head... There isn't one. Regardless of whatever the offence might be.

The officer should lose his job. If there was true justice, he'd serve time as well but because he's a police officer, that probably wont happen.

An obvious case of police brutality. Not sure how anyone defends this.

54 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Whatever the context, the officer is fucked. Can't go around volleying and then stamping on someones head after they've been tasered.

It really is as simple as that. You'd have to a borderline psycho to suggest that police should behave like this.

It started in terminal 2. Fighting broke out between some wanna he gangsters. An female officer tried stopping it and had her nose broken for her troubles. 

Still a few blanks to be filled in.

Edited by MUFC

Just now, MUFC said:

It started in terminal 2. Fighting broke out between some wanna he gangsters. An female officer tried stopping it and had her no nose broken for her troubles. 

Still a few blanks to be filled in.

@MUFC

Talking about terrible, dickhead police officers.

Here it seems like this officer in the US was just looking for a reason to abuse his power. Turns up rude and abrasive.

One of lads said another guy rammed their trolley into his mum so he kicked off with him. He's accusing the cops of taking the other persons side. He went on to say that one of the cops gave his mum a black eye.

10 hours ago, 6666 said:

Not sure what context justifies an officer kicking and stamping on a restrained person's head... There isn't one. Regardless of whatever the offence might be.

The officer should lose his job. If there was true justice, he'd serve time as well but because he's a police officer, that probably wont happen.

An obvious case of police brutality. Not sure how anyone defends this.

We don't know, that's my point. We've seen a heavily cropped video that perpetuates a narrative about the police. The referral and the outcome of said referral will, ultimately, tell us more but we live in a society that takes what they see on social media at face value. 

• Administrator

The guy is on the floor. The threat has been mitigated and risk seriously decreased, let alone the fact that he's got 3 armed cops with Tasers pointing at him.

He poses little to no threat at that moment in time. 

There was literally no need to kerb-stomp his head and volley his face in like he did. It's an abuse of power.

I don't condone violence on police and emergency workers (who the fuck does) but whatever happened before has happened, they got their man in a position where he couldn't fight back. He was literally prone on the floor doing fuck all at the time. It's just a revenge opportunity that the cop took with both hands but wasn't necessary.

GMP issued their statement saying the guy had attacked emergency workers in the lead up to the event. There's no excuse for that and he should feel the full force of the law, not the end of someone's boot in the face. 

Literally no-one is using this as an opportunity to get on the back of police/emergency services. The cop kicking him deserves the criticism because he's acted like a bellend and doesn't actually represent the whole force. You've got to be an utter melt if that's the angle you think people are taking.

50 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

We don't know, that's my point. We've seen a heavily cropped video that perpetuates a narrative about the police. The referral and the outcome of said referral will, ultimately, tell us more but we live in a society that takes what they see on social media at face value. 

What would have had to have happened for it to be acceptable to you for a police officer to kick and stamp on a restrained persons head?

1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

It'll tell us if he deserved to be arrested or not. It won't tell us if it was okay for a police officer to kick & stomp someone who's restrained. That doesn't need more context.

49 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

What would have had to have happened for it to be acceptable to you for a police officer to kick and stamp on a restrained persons head?

I’m not the judge here so that’s not really any of my business but I’m not willing to make my judgement on the situation based off of a short clip of a video and I don’t think people should have been as quick to without the full facts and information. 

35 minutes ago, 6666 said:

It'll tell us if he deserved to be arrested or not. It won't tell us if it was okay for a police officer to kick & stomp someone who's restrained. That doesn't need more context.

It’ll tell us whether “reasonable force” was used or not and the context behind it.

Anyway, I see they’ve suspended the lad after “further investigation”. That’s fair enough. The social media vultures will be happy and onto the next thing now. 

• Administrator
34 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

It’ll tell us whether “reasonable force” was used or not and the context behind it.

But the guy was already on the floor, stationary, and wasn't looking to attack the police officer(s). He looked like he had been Tasered already, too. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Stan said:

But the guy was already on the floor, stationary, and wasn't looking to attack the police officer(s). He looked like he had been Tasered already, too. 

People can still pose a threat on the floor. He moved after being told not to. Is that posing a threat? Perhaps not and possibly not worthy of the reaction but he simply wasn’t following orders, as many of the phone wavers weren’t. 

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

People can still pose a threat on the floor. He moved after being told not to. Is that posing a threat? Perhaps not and possibly not worthy of the reaction but he simply wasn’t following orders, as many of the phone wavers weren’t. 

What were the 'phone wavers' doing wrong, just out of interest?

At the time the guy is being kicked in the head, he's face down and barely moving in a threatening way. Perhaps that's subjective but it's why there's such a debate going on about excessive force. If he lunges towards the police, then he's probably fair game. Does he look aggressive in that moment? I'd opt for not so much. 

The alternative in that moment, by the looks of it, was for the officer to keep him restrained and arrest him, therefore eliminating all kind of threat to himself and other officers. It was just unnecessary to get a kick to and stomp on the head. One was bad enough, but to do both is brutal. 

There is one thing which didn't help. I've seen the extended video from somebody who obviously recorded it. At first I thought is there any evidence that officers were attacked? But there was a skinny peanut head at the scene. While the officers were kicking him. He's there shouting ha ha you lot got twatted and beaten at the coppers. He was obviously speaking about the original incident. I feel like this didn't help their cause.

Edited by MUFC

Smiley Culture must be trolling. The guy is restrained and he's talking about if it exceeded reasonable force when he was kicked and stomped on the head. 😂

Thank God for the people recording these twats. Officers trying to stop people recording are dickheads as well. Were probably hoping to lie their way through this but the footage makes it difficult.

Edited by 6666

• Administrator
12 hours ago, 6666 said:

Smiley Culture must be trolling. The guy is restrained and he's talking about if it exceeded reasonable force when he was kicked and stomped on the head. 😂

Thank God for the people recording these twats. Officers trying to stop people recording are dickheads as well. Were probably hoping to lie their way through this but the footage makes it difficult.

Did the same officer pepper-spray one of the people filming?

13 hours ago, 6666 said:

Likewise, a guy has just broke a woman's nose, a bunch of clowns were behaving like animals in an airport, where security is taken very seriously, but because they happen to be Muslim, you either ignore it or try and justify it, like you always do. I've noticed a pattern.

I'm also baffled why there are protests. How does this particular incident have any relation whatsoever to religion? It's just another excuse to spread hate and create divide. Very typical of the UK currently.

Why no protests against Anjem Choudary, who has just been given life in prison and was a serious threat to public safety? Surely that has significantly more in relation to their religion considering how he used said religion as a tool to spew vile extremism? An incredibly dangerous individual.

I'm certainly not justifying the kick, as kicking a man when he's on the floor restrained is a cowardly act, regardless of whether he was a scumbag who hits women or not, and it's even worse if they are a copper. However, at the same time, they obviously weren't "innocent people who dun nowt" like the silly bitch filming states. I'm not a fan of the police, although it's pretty clear they didn't simply turn up to an airport specifically to attack a group of Muslims because they are Muslims.