Watford vs Fulham

Wednesday 3rd April
Chelsea vs Brighton
Tottenham vs Crystal Palace

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

We are consistently rancid against these. Want to think that it could change under Rodgers but they really seem to have our number.

Maguire out for this isn't necessarily a bad thing, he was a shambles at their place.

If we want to ever achieve anything again, we need to be able to overcome this hoodoo against sides like Bournemouth.

I reckon a slightly chaotic 4-2 win.

• Administrator

Enjoyed that win today. 

Very accomplished performance and probably our best under Rodgers. 

Finally broke the hoodoo over Bournemouth, too. Our first win over them since we got promoted. First time we'd taken the lead over them too. 

Tielemans continues to shine. Wes is playing like he used to a couple seasons ago. Ndidi man of the match though. Tackles all over the field and did well to nullify anything they threatened. Schmeichel made a very good save albeit straight at him but could have been a totally different game otherwise. 

Very organised today. Encouraging to see. Need to sign Tielemans permanently. 

3 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Burnley and Southampton winning has practically sealed our fate. Unless we pull off a shocker tomorrow, I think that's us done. 

Well to be fair you have done alot better than most thought you would. A lot of people expected you to be the worst ever premier league team. I'm pretty certain you are the premier league's lowest spenders and have have the lowest wage bill?

6 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Well to be fair you have done alot better than most thought you would. A lot of people expected you to be the worst ever premier league team. I'm pretty certain you are the premier league's lowest spenders and have have the lowest wage bill?

I think so. Should we go down, at least we went down fighting this time round compared to 5 seasons ago. 

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Second title next year?? 🏆

xD somehow doubt this but we have looked much improved under Rodgers so far. Very early days and we've not really played anyone particularly great under him yet but in fairness, these kinds of games have been our achilles heel under Puel.

Delighted to finally get the Bournemouth hoodoo consigned to the past. We were better than them in every department yesterday.

All year long we've been having debates about these players and if they're actually any good or not. Plenty of them have frustrated but they're finally starting to really click.

The midfield has been the biggest improvement under Rodgers so far. Under Puel we had Mendy and Ndidi sitting behind a trio with Maddison in the middle of that. It's now Ndidi holding behind two attacking midfielders in Tielemans and Maddison. They look a different beast altogether now, Ndidi for me probably the biggest improvement of anybody under Rodgers, back to looking like the player I thought we'd signed early doors.

As for Youri Tielemans.. this kid is a revelation. We're going to have to pay a lot but if we don't do it, someone else better than us is going to. He is absolute quality.

• Subscriber

I think his Vardy / Suarez comparisons the other week kind of sum him up - I completely get what he was getting at that they've got some similarities (Suarez is better don't get me wrong) but people will just see him compare the two names and laugh at him for it even though the point is quite valid.

I can see Vardy having an excellent season next year. He's on 13 this season, again the highest scorer outside the top six, in a side that has ultimately struggled to create chances for a lot of the season - he's got 4 in 5 since Puel went. I reckon he's a good bet to get 20+ next season.

Fulham have been a shambles really. Huddlesfield possibly have an excuse of not having funds not to sure what they have spent but Fulham have spent a lot and have got it very wrong

Just looked it up and huddlesfield have actually spent quite a lot. But they do have the second lowest wage bill. 

• Administrator
Just now, Rick said:

Can't deny it, that Spurs stadium is a bloody beaut. Modern stadium done right.

They've got a new stadium?! Surprised media haven't been all over it.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived