• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FA Cup Final - Man City 6-0 Watford - Saturday 18th May, 2019

football forum

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Congratulations again @Happy Blue and @Amehh.

Enjoy the win! A very convincing one at that. But for about 5 mins across the whole match, you guys were utterly dominant. Don't think that Pereyra chance would have made much difference had it gone in. 

16 minutes ago, Stan said:

Congratulations again @Happy Blue and @Amehh.

Enjoy the win! A very convincing one at that. But for about 5 mins across the whole match, you guys were utterly dominant. Don't think that Pereyra chance would have made much difference had it gone in. 

Cheers :twothumbsup:   ...all this winning is getting a bit boring, i might support united for a season :ph34r:

• Subscriber

Yeah bit of a non event that, but at least Watford have that time their official Twitter account celebrated briefly being above Everton in the table because they're not over the Marco Silva saga. Nice to see a Silva give City the breakthrough today.

Just kidding, not actually arsed, mostly just annoyed that Holebas not getting booked cost me my bet builder.

6 hours ago, SirBalon said:

What City have achieved is totally mesmerising and legendary! Nobody has ever done this before in England... Extremely difficult but has now been achieved. Congrats! :congrats:

Nobody cares though, they’re a great side that won’t be remembered. Even the title win was muted, you just don’t get that generally acknowledged sense of something big from the population as a whole, it’s just a big “meh”. There was a better atmosphere at the checkatrade trophy

• Administrator
6 hours ago, SirBalon said:

What City have achieved is totally mesmerising and legendary! Nobody has ever done this before in England... Extremely difficult but has now been achieved. Congrats! :congrats:

In the men's game... 

1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Nobody cares though, they’re a great side that won’t be remembered. Even the title win was muted, you just don’t get that generally acknowledged sense of something big from the population as a whole, it’s just a big “meh”. There was a better atmosphere at the checkatrade trophy

It is strange how little talk of the Cup Final there has been this year, I know it's been degraded in status over the years but there was barely any interest whatsoever from what I could tell. 

2 hours ago, Stan said:

In the men's game... 

Mate nobody cares about women’s football, we give it the token effort realise it’s slow n shit and move on. I’ll no doubt get accused of sexism but I’m being honest, I think it’s poor. 

24 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

It is strange how little talk of the Cup Final there has been this year, I know it's been degraded in status over the years but there was barely any interest whatsoever from what I could tell. 

It’s been devalued as has the LC in favour of the CL, a competition that will be contested by two sides who’ve not been champions this millennium 

3 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

That all sounds (reads actually) like Man City are to blame for some reason.

Analysing these types of contagious sentiments (because they do exist) in my experience they tend to occur from a simple symptom which is when something suddenly seems predictable in a world where tribalism or sentimental nonsense (in the real scheme of things) rules the roost.

We know Manchester City are head and shoulders superior to anything else in England and the factright from the outset there was a sensation of likelihood and predictability in there, the surprise element became too muted.

in the real world where football is concerned we have history, we have things being measured against other things and again we have tribalism. Those that follow Man City now have facts to hit others with combined with individual names that brought about those facts which is always the case with football.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Mate nobody cares about women’s football, we give it the token effort realise it’s slow n shit and move on. I’ll no doubt get accused of sexism but I’m being honest, I think it’s poor. 

It’s been devalued as has the LC in favour of the CL, a competition that will be contested by two sides who’ve not been champions this millennium 

It is poor and slow, standard isn't great but it's improved over the last few years.

20 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Analysing these types of contagious sentiments (because they do exist) in my experience they tend to occur from a simple symptom which is when something suddenly seems predictable in a world where tribalism or sentimental nonsense (in the real scheme of things) rules the roost.

We know Manchester City are head and shoulders superior to anything else in England and the factright from the outset there was a sensation of likelihood and predictability in there, the surprise element became too muted.

in the real world where football is concerned we have history, we have things being measured against other things and again we have tribalism. Those that follow Man City now have facts to hit others with combined with individual names that brought about those facts which is always the case with football.

It is not 'sentimental nonesense' for non-Manchester City fans to be turned off by a club bought through a sovereign state, implicated in the most extreme human rights buses, cantering to trophies because of the backing of said state. No matter what Guardiola does there, and his achievements are many, he won't gain the respect of the general public. Football is not about the search for absolute perfection, it's about competition and enjoyment. 6-0 in a cup final is not the sign of a healthy footballing country and that's why nobody was arsed about it. Manchester City may have bought success but you can't buy respect and authenticity.

I don't begrudge Manchester City fans their success, most of them have been through thick and thin. But the club is just the same as PSG. The fault lies elsewhere, in particular the greedy cartel of clubs which instigated the Premier League are culpable for where we're at. (Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal, Manchester United and Spurs).

• Subscriber

Before you even get into the human rights issues in the middle east it's just plain boring to see City win all three domestic competitions.

I hate the cunts but Liverpools title challenge is the only thing stopping this season from being a full PSG/Juventus campaign from City. It's something to write about a domestic treble but not good for the English game in the slightest and you fear that it will only get worse if Pep stays.

13 minutes ago, Stan said:

It is poor and slow, standard isn't great but it's improved over the last few years.

Still it’s like watching Tag rugby v Rugby, just naff in comparison. 

33 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Just no character to them though, they’re a bit manufactured pop like a boy band, where as organic growth and a decade of dominance is a bit more rock n roll. Some will like it some won’t, for me they’re a Dubai in a sea of Rome’s, Athens etc just bland

26 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

It is not 'sentimental nonesense' for non-Manchester City fans to be turned off by a club bought through a sovereign state, implicated in the most extreme human rights buses, cantering to trophies because of the backing of said state. No matter what Guardiola does there, and his achievements are many, he won't gain the respect of the general public. Football is not about the search for absolute perfection, it's about competition and enjoyment. 6-0 in a cup final is not the sign of a healthy footballing country and that's why nobody was arsed about it. Manchester City may have bought success but you can't buy respect and authenticity.

I don't begrudge Manchester City fans their success, most of them have been through thick and thin. But the club is just the same as PSG. The fault lies elsewhere, in particular the greedy cartel of clubs which instigated the Premier League are culpable for where we're at. (Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal, Manchester United and Spurs).

How many times have I repeated and repeated until boredom how I despise those clubs and how they've come to prominence (City and PSG as forerunners in this)?

But that isn't the issue here or at least that wasn't the argument FIB put when he quoted me. Read his post and it's based on football. If we want a debate on a particular club's rise to success and how we question the methods, then we don't base an argument on inevitability on the football field.

So the question is; Shall we talk football, politics or even Islamophobia?

13 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Before you even get into the human rights issues in the middle east it's just plain boring to see City win all three domestic competitions.

The bit in bold is where I went with my post. Football!

Now... It's curious, and we should go back in history where we can prove in both directions that "boredom" sometimes has underlying factors disassociated from the point in question?

• The title was changed to FA Cup Final - Man City 6-0 Watford - Saturday 18th May, 2019
3 hours ago, Stan said:

I know it's inevitable it will be compared to the mens game but I don't think it's fair. It's like comparing youth football to senior. Even before you get into genetic advantages the grass roots is so much more developed in the mens game. Also a lot more men play football

• The topic was unpinned

Archived