talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Eintracht Frankfurt 1-1 Chelsea - Thursday 2nd May, 2019 (SF 1st Leg)

Well... pretty good game tonight,

10 out 10 for home fan support, kept it going for the whole 90+ minutes tonight.. got to applaud that

Game of 2 halves, Frankfurt much the better side in the first half and we were much the better in the second, Frankfurt looked tired as it went on but had a late burst in the last 10 minutes.. going to be an interesting second leg for sure.. slight advantage us with the away goal but wouldn't really want to bank on that taking us through knowing our defence... 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Frankfurt actually missed two very good chances to put themselves ahead and the first was the shot across the box which a touch would have gone in and Abraham missing the header with no pressure. I don't know if they'll be able to get much out of the second leg but a 1-1 is in no way a bad score to take to London.

Should've buried the game. Giroud was so, so poor. Yet again we find ourselves in a season with no reliable striker. Inspite the massive investment we've had. 

Great response after the goal. Hazard never caught up to the pace of the game and Sarri screwed us taking Reuben Loftus-Cheek off. 

Still all to play for in the second leg. 

Frankfurt seemed reliant on pressuring Chelsea into turnovers and once Chelsea calmed things down and Frankfurt ran out of that first half intensity, the game was very risky for them. Didn't seem able to settle into their shape when Chelsea had extended spells of possession. 

Will be interesting to see if they go all out for an early away goal at Stamford Bridge, because without one it will be very hard to survive the rest of the tie playing that way. 

• Subscriber

Frankfurt were a bit chaotic to be honest. I was a bit disappointed with them. Thought they burnt out a lot quicker than I was expecting. Only looked one winner in the end and although Chelsea didn't get the win you'd expect they'll do the job at home.

Went for that game over the other simply for the atmosphere. Exactly my type of atmosphere - mix of songs but a real hostility and vicious side to it as well. Exactly how it should be.

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

Should've buried the game. Giroud was so, so poor. Yet again we find ourselves in a season with no reliable striker. Inspite the massive investment we've had. 

Great response after the goal. Hazard never caught up to the pace of the game and Sarri screwed us taking Reuben Loftus-Cheek off. 

Still all to play for in the second leg. 

You're linked with Jan Carlos Hurtado and are fighting against Newcastle for him. He'd be a very good signing I reckon. Somewhat risky but if he transitions well, he'll do well.

He's a forward in case it wasn't clear.

• The title was changed to Eintracht Frankfurt 1-1 Chelsea - Thursday 2nd May, 2019 (SF 1st Leg)
2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Jorginho has his best game easily. 

Glad his head injury wasn't too serious. When they were showing him laying down, he looked dazed for awhile until he was able to sit up. 

I'd still say Loftus-Cheek was the best player on Chelsea. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived