Port Vale vs Forest Green
Stevenage vs Bradford
Swindon vs Northampton
Walsall vs Newport County

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Most of the Grimsby fans seem confident of a win against Colchester and I agree. We've had a decent start to the season and were very unlucky on Saturday to lose against Forest Green. Hoping our attackers are a bit more lucky and can work together a little better to get some goals in the bag.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Eco said:

Home aganist Coventry? Pompey need to get the 3 points and rebound from the trip to Sunderland. 

They've had a decent start to the season. Will be difficult for you I think. Wouldn't be surprised if it's just a 1-0 victory either way.

4 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Not looking forward to this. We've struggled badly so far this season and if we perform like we had against Reading, we'll get twatted. 

What's the struggle this season so far? Lack of goalscorer? Not replacing sold players? 

Huddersfield I think will struggle more so could see a draw here perhaps? Losing Mooy will hurt them. Seemed like their only creative player last season and I don't know if he's been replaced even for Championship level.

20 minutes ago, Stan said:

What's the struggle this season so far? Lack of goalscorer? Not replacing sold players? 

Huddersfield I think will struggle more so could see a draw here perhaps? Losing Mooy will hurt them. Seemed like their only creative player last season and I don't know if he's been replaced even for Championship level.

Various really. Lack of goalscorer is one of the main ones (we haven't had a twenty a season striker since the days of Chopra), but we are desperately missing a creative midfielder/playmaker. The only one we really have is Tomlin and while Tomlin hasn't been great for us, he did come out in regards to mental health issues for the past couple of years and has looked a lot leaner this summer. Yet despite this, Warnock doesn't seem to want to use him. 

Our transfer business has been fairly hit and miss as well. Manga is a big loss, but he wanted to return to France and was in the last year of his contract, so couldn't really do much there. Zohore has had plenty of chances and simply hasn't taken them so was sold, while Reid (arguably our best player) wanted out. 

Meanwhile, Nelson and Day are more squad players, Vaulks has barely started (and looked very poor against Reading), Pack in fairness has looked decent, Vassell is not really a proven goalscorer, Flint has been good and bad, Glatzel is unproven (he's looked ok but the service has been so shit that he's practically isolated) and Whyte has looked ok but not to the point where Oxford fans were raving about him. 

It's not just losing players from the prem season either. We've been missing a goalscorer (see previous) and a creative midfielder for some time (at least since Whittingham left, and that was 2017).

As said in a post above, this could very well be me hitting the panic button early, but a loss to Wigan, a struggle to beat Luton and an absolute shocker against Reading (with Huddersfield, Blackburn and Fulham coming up) suggests we could be in for a difficult season. 

• Administrator

Sounds like it could be tough! Reckon Warnock will last the season? Those next 3 are difficult - I think you'll beat Huddersfield and lose the other 2 

Hull v. Rovers is on Sky tonight for anyone who wants to appreciate having a competent manager. Shame it's a midweek as I wouldn't mind Hull as an away day. We follow this up with Cardiff at home on Saturday. Big couple of games, we have the ability to get something from both, especially after beating Boro, but I just don't trust us to have the consistency yet. Score draw tonight I reckon.

I think we’re going to lose, we’ve started slowly so far and have a number of new players feeling their way into the side. We’ll put up a fight and probably score but this early in the season I think Leeds will have the better of us. Plus they’ll be up for it seeing as Jansson will be back and their hierarchy don’t really like us.

• Administrator

My best mate's brother plays for MK Dons (although has been loaned out). He has got us few tickets for their game against Lincoln tonight so will be heading there.

First time seeing a league game there. Been to see us play a friendly there a few seasons ago. Looking forward to it. Been a while since seeing an EFL game. 

MK Dons in indifferent form; Lincoln have won their first 3 games and are top of the table. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, tlr said:

Hull v. Rovers is on Sky tonight for anyone who wants to appreciate having a competent manager. Shame it's a midweek as I wouldn't mind Hull as an away day. We follow this up with Cardiff at home on Saturday. Big couple of games, we have the ability to get something from both, especially after beating Boro, but I just don't trust us to have the consistency yet. Score draw tonight I reckon.

Never in my life have I seen someone say they "wouldn't mind Hull as an away day" xD

28 minutes ago, Stan said:

My best mate's brother plays for MK Dons (although has been loaned out). He has got us few tickets for their game against Lincoln tonight so will be heading there.

First time seeing a league game there. Been to see us play a friendly there a few seasons ago. Looking forward to it. Been a while since seeing an EFL game. 

MK Dons in indifferent form; Lincoln have won their first 3 games and are top of the table. 

Please absolutely twat Lincoln. Their fans are unbearable. Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, Pyfish said:

Never in my life have I seen someone say they "wouldn't mind Hull as an away day" xD

Coming from Blackburn and living in Birmingham I have a strong affection for shitholes. More really because it's a new ground for me and somewhere a bit different. Same for Swansea really but that's another midweeker.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, tlr said:

Coming from Blackburn and living in Birmingham I have a strong affection for shitholes. More really because it's a new ground for me and somewhere a bit different. Same for Swansea really but that's another midweeker.

That's fair. I'm from Grimsby I can totally relate. 

Really excited for tonight's game. Got a strange feeling it's going to be one hell of a match. No doubt I'll be back home by 22:30 incredibly disappointed.

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Pyfish said:

Please absolutely twat Lincoln. Their fans are unbearable. Thanks in advance.

Haha to be honest mate I'm just going in the hope of a decent game with a few goals. It's free so can't really miss the chance to go even if it is MK!

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

Haha to be honest mate I'm just going in the hope of a decent game with a few goals. It's free so can't really miss the chance to go even if it is MK!

Can't beat a free game! Hoping to blag a few free tickets to some games over the course of the season so I can make the production of my 92 Podcast cheaper xD

8 hours ago, Danny said:

I think we’re going to lose, we’ve started slowly so far and have a number of new players feeling their way into the side. We’ll put up a fight and probably score but this early in the season I think Leeds will have the better of us. Plus they’ll be up for it seeing as Jansson will be back and their hierarchy don’t really like us.

Bielsa's presser said we have Cooper, Douglas and Alioski as doubts. 

Cooper would be a big loss obviously as he is the captain and our most senior centre back. I wouldn't fancy us defensively without him back there.

Going forward, we look ok, we just need to kill games off when on top. Would love to see Bamford score in front of the home fans. He needs the backing of the fans to kick him on. 

As for Pontus, he will get a mixed reception. Personally, I have no ill will. He served us well and gave his all. I'm sure he'll have a great motivation for this game given the decision to move wasn't his and I hope he doesn't get too much stick.

I just hope the referee evens up our score against Brentford. We're due a decision against them after last season. 

6 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Bielsa's presser said we have Cooper, Douglas and Alioski as doubts. 

Cooper would be a big loss obviously as he is the captain and our most senior centre back. I wouldn't fancy us defensively without him back there.

Going forward, we look ok, we just need to kill games off when on top. Would love to see Bamford score in front of the home fans. He needs the backing of the fans to kick him on. 

As for Pontus, he will get a mixed reception. Personally, I have no ill will. He served us well and gave his all. I'm sure he'll have a great motivation for this game given the decision to move wasn't his and I hope he doesn't get too much stick.

I just hope the referee evens up our score against Brentford. We're due a decision against them after last season. 

I'm gutted that tomorrow's Live Coverage match here in the States is PNE vs Stoke. I expected it to be Fulham vs Millwall, but was praying to a god I don't believe in that it was Leeds. 

14 minutes ago, Eco said:

I'm gutted that tomorrow's Live Coverage match here in the States is PNE vs Stoke. I expected it to be Fulham vs Millwall, but was praying to a god I don't believe in that it was Leeds. 

Over here, we have the option to 'Red Button' midweek games on Sky so Leeds Brentford is an option.

The thing is we are televised a stupid amount of times that they need to show other sides, and they seem to like our games more at weekends when there is a bigger audience.

Just now, Lucas said:

Over here, we have the option to 'Red Button' midweek games on Sky so Leeds Brentford is an option.

The thing is we are televised a stupid amount of times that they need to show other sides, and they seem to like our games more at weekends when there is a bigger audience.

Yeah ESPN uses Sky and usually it seems to be Leeds which is nice. 

18 minutes ago, Stan said:

@Lucas already relying on referees to get results. Is this what it's come to for Leeds fans :ph34r:?!

Think we are the only club who could have Leeds supporting linesman and a referee officiate our game and still find a way to lose.

• Subscriber

I was just looking at the fixtures for Leeds as I'm planning to get to a game or two with my girlfriend living in Leeds and there's a lot of Sky Sports Football logos next to the games ha!

• Subscriber
On 19/08/2019 at 11:22, Pyfish said:

Most of the Grimsby fans seem confident of a win against Colchester and I agree. We've had a decent start to the season and were very unlucky on Saturday to lose against Forest Green. Hoping our attackers are a bit more lucky and can work together a little better to get some goals in the bag.

I've got you in an acca tonight. I went to your game against Bradford the other week and thought you were unlucky to only draw it. Annoyingly I had money on 1-1 draw with Donaldson first goal xD

• The topic was unpinned

Archived