talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kai Havertz Completes Chelsea Move

4 minutes ago, Rick said:

Newcastle xD

Yeah, one of those teams is not like the other. 

With Newcastle 'splashing' the cash for Almiron...I can't see how they could afford Havertz

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Bayern flexed a little here. He's the golden boy everyone is looking at now and they must surely want to get him.

When was the last time Bayern really splashed that kind of money?

17 minutes ago, Eco said:

Yeah, one of those teams is not like the other. 

With Newcastle 'splashing' the cash for Almiron...I can't see how they could afford Havertz

I think it only would happen if Mr. Bone Saw's proposed takeover of the club happens.

• Subscriber
Just now, Cicero said:

Its not just about the money they've had some consistent failure in trying to get a midfielder who they can say is the future of their club and this is a chance for them to sort that out.

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

If the price is still over 100m quid... have they ever spent that kind of money ever? I think Lucas Hernandez is their record signing, and that'd probably be the closest they've come to that.

Honestly, if the price is the same... there are only a few clubs he could really move to with COVID and I think it'd just be the oil clubs and maybe Real Madrid.

• Subscriber

I still believe Sane is the one we are targeting first and foremost, and I cant see us spending that kind of money on more then one player. As Gonzo says our record signing is Hernandez and thus far it hasnt really worked wonders either. 

• Administrator
30 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Its not just about the money they've had some consistent failure in trying to get a midfielder who they can say is the future of their club and this is a chance for them to sort that out.

Havertz is a forward

21 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Imo his best position would be that of Müller's in our team. Splashing that kind of money and for a non positional need doesnt make a tonne of sense.

How old is Muller? It seems like he's been around forever.

• Subscriber
46 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

How old is Muller? It seems like he's been around forever.

It really does xD I believe hes 30 or 31. Hes been in exceptional form since our coaching change though. He just broke De Bruyne's single season assist total.

Just now, Viva la FCB said:

It really does xD I believe hes 30 or 31. Hes been in exceptional form since our coaching change though. He just broke De Bruyne's single season assist total.

I'd expect him to be around 40 by now xD... but after @Cicero google-shamed me I took a look and he's only fucking 30. That means he still has plenty of time left on the pitch to keep performing.

Honestly, I think he's a massively underrated player... and I think a lot of people do actually rate him. Is he still banned from playing for Germany?

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'd expect him to be around 40 by now xD... but after @Cicero google-shamed me I took a look and he's only fucking 30. That means he still has plenty of time left on the pitch to keep performing.

Honestly, I think he's a massively underrated player... and I think a lot of people do actually rate him. Is he still banned from playing for Germany?

Agreed. And yes Löw is a fucking moron. I cant recall who it was but i remember reading something a few weeks ish back that another dfb official said something along the lines of they support Löw's decision still 100% even with the season Müller is having. 

Edit found it, was Oliver Bierhoff

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2020/6/2/21277998/bayern-munich-germany-oliver-bierhoff-defends-joachim-low-thomas-muller-mats-hummels-jerome-boateng

• The title was changed to Kai Havertz - Several Clubs Interested for Leverkusen Forward
  • 3 weeks later...

Bayer Leverkusen’s Rudi Völler on Kai Havertz transfer, to Bild: “I personally hope that he will stay another year. We have an agreement: if it works, he can go this summer.” #B04

We pull this off I firmly believe Lampard is fine with our defence and is more worried with our lack of conversion. Having a deadly attack will leave the opposition to push back even more. 

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.accad89067b42c6507f37d50daeffbf6.png

Bayern Munich out on Kai Havertz as Bayer Leverkusen confirm conditional exit agreement

Chelsea are interested in Kai Havertz, but interest by itself means very little as the Blues would need to ward off competition from a number of top clubs to attain the 21-year-old’s signature. Bayern Munich and Real Madrid are often mentioned in that regard, though the former are apparently out, as per their CEO, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge.

There were already rumours that Bayern won’t be able to make a move for Havertz after focusing their attentions on Leroy Sané, and that seems to be the case indeed after signing the €50m winger. SBNation - a Chelsea community

Archived