talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

German Football - General Talk

• Subscriber
18 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

ill move to Stuttgart thread... can delete. 

You can delete it from the Stuttgart thread as well.  And if you don't mind, scour the internet for me and delete it everywhere you see it so that it doesn't happen.

• Haha 2

• Subscriber
On 28/06/2024 at 03:27, Coma said:

You can delete it from the Stuttgart thread as well.  And if you don't mind, scour the internet for me and delete it everywhere you see it so that it doesn't happen.

Honestly it sucks to see :(

36 minutes ago, Michael said:

@Tommy what's this? This will be a big blow to Fortuna Dusseldorf if they lose Tzolis to Club Brugge for only 6 million euros. He is worth at least 20 million euros right now.

Reports: Tzolis set to depart German football (bulinews.com)

Club Brugge in advanced talks to sign Christos Tzolis - Get German Football News (getfootballnewsgermany.com)

It was expected that he'd leave. We only triggered his buyout clause so we can get a small profit out of him. The only shame is, that the clause that he can leave for 6-6,5 Mio Euros runs out mid-July, and after that we could negotiate a larger sum. But it seems like Brugge triggered the original clause. :(

The clause that he can leave for 6,5 Mio was pre-negotiated before he joined us on loan from Norwich btw. 

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Tommy said:

It was expected that he'd leave. We only triggered his buyout clause so we can get a small profit out of him. The only shame is, that the clause that he can leave for 6-6,5 Mio Euros runs out mid-July, and after that we could negotiate a larger sum. But it seems like Brugge triggered the original clause. :(

The clause that he can leave for 6,5 Mio was pre-negotiated before he joined us on loan from Norwich btw. 

I see, I didn't realise this was all pre-negotiated before he joined on loan. I thought it was just the option to buy that was agreed upon. It's a tough pill to swallow. I am surprised that other Bundesliga clubs haven't tried to buy him for that low valuation. 6.5 million euros is peanuts in today's game.

16 minutes ago, Michael said:

I see, I didn't realise this was all pre-negotiated before he joined on loan. I thought it was just the option to buy that was agreed upon. It's a tough pill to swallow. I am surprised that other Bundesliga clubs haven't tried to buy him for that low valuation. 6.5 million euros is peanuts in today's game.

Yea, I was very surprised to hear that Brugge is his destination. But I'm glad he's not going to another German club. That would have hurt even more. xD

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Yea, I was very surprised to hear that Brugge is his destination. But I'm glad he's not going to another German club. That would have hurt even more. xD

Well, he'll be playing Champions League in Brugge! And with all due respect to Tziolis performances can't imagine him getting a chance at Leverkusen, Bayern, Leipzig, or Dortmund! At most at Stuttgart and even there it would be questionable.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Well, he'll be playing Champions League! And with all due respect to Tziolis performances can't imagine him getting a chance at Leverkusen, Bayern, Leipzig, or Dortmund! At most at Stuttgart and even there it would be questionable.

Yeah, but why go to a weaker league? Sure, there's Champions League football with Brugge. But most players would prefer playing in a stronger league over playing in a significantly weaker league, for a club who also happen to compete in the Champions League.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Michael said:

Yeah, but why go to a weaker league? Sure, there's Champions League football with Brugge. But most players would prefer playing in a stronger league over playing in a significantly weaker league, for a club who also happen to compete in the Champions League.

Most players would probably, not all though: Lutz Pfannenstiel, who preferred a career in eg Albania's, Malaysia's, Singapur's among others of the same ilk 1st tiers over one in the German 3rd to 2nd tier, although the latter paid better, says hello.

10 hours ago, Michael said:

He'll also earn twice as much as he would at Fortuna apparently. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

He'll also earn twice as much as he would at Fortuna apparently. 

Also, he's only 22years old, playingmight be pivotal for his development. Can't speak about the quality of Brugge's squad, but gut feeling says he could be in a surrounding, where'd be played more than with an average Buli club. There are lot of legit reasons other than money for younger players to decide their future club.

@Michael so many pplayers even in their best age  going to Saudi Arabian or Qatari leagues put your assumption most players would to play in a stronger league a bit in another light.:ph34r:

Posted (edited)

The new Buli and 2.Liga schedules are published. The free TV opening match on Friday, the 23rd of August, will be Gladbach - Leverkusen. Positively surprised, although the reigning champions opening the new season is given I was expecting their opponents would be Bayern. A Buli match broadcasted on free TV and sold  to many foreign countries not featuring Bayern? Next press conference with Hoeneß complaining about others referring to human rights incoming?:ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

We just beat Galatasaray 5-2 in a friendly. And they started training on the same day as us apparently, so we should be on the same fitness level. And we switched the complete team in the 2nd half. 

This all looked very promising. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tommy said:

We just beat Galatasaray 5-2 in a friendly. And they started training on the same day as us apparently, so we should be on the same fitness level. And we switched the complete team in the 2nd half. 

This all looked very promising. 

Congrats, curb your enthusiasm, though. Preparation matches don't mean anything result-wise.

• Haha 1

Hertha are in financial turmoilagain. Apparently this time without being at fault themselfes.

http://www.kicker.de/hertha-gehen-die-777-anteile-fuer-weniger-als-70-millionen-euro-ueber-den-tisch-1039567/artikel

Hertha thread is archived, therefore this appears here. Not in denial to be a bit satisfied, me being sceptical on investors generally proved to be wiser in hindsight than those prognosises Hertha would become a power in German to be reckoned with after Windhorst's invest, other forum members gave.

• 2 weeks later...

Nestory Irankunda going quietly about his business in the off season for Bayern Munich, replacing Kane in a friendly and assisting just recently. He is a big talent from Oz. Be interesting to see if he makes it anywhere near the squad come season time...I would predict reserve league or whatever you have in Germany or a loan, but who knows!! He has scored some goals so far too.

17 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Nestory Irankunda going quietly about his business in the off season for Bayern Munich, replacing Kane in a friendly and assisting just recently. He is a big talent from Oz. Be interesting to see if he makes it anywhere near the squad come season time...I would predict reserve league or whatever you have in Germany or a loan, but who knows!! He has scored some goals so far too.

Isn't even a squad member of Bayern's 4th tier second team and only played a few minutes in 1 of their 4 matches this season. So he's apparently planned to play in their U 19  youth team.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Toinho said:

As Ruck says. Reports are quite high on him though, I did catch a bit of the friendly he definitely looks pretty raw still. The plan would be for him to keep playing and progressing and then look to make the first team or loan in probably something like 2-3 years. 

On 14/08/2024 at 20:58, Rucksackfranzose said:

Isn't even a squad member of Bayern's 4th tier second team and only played a few minutes in 1 of their 4 matches this season. So he's apparently planned to play in their U 19  youth team.

I guess being involved with the first team would impact availability…

Definitey still raw, needs some fine tuning but be interesting to see what happens. Would hope more than the under 19s but he is still super young!