talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

German Football - General Talk

football forum

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

I didnt know The Athletic was following Union this season. Great read on their opening clash in the CL. If anyone needs a free trial pass i can supply a few, well worth it for this one!

This season, The Athletic is following Union Berlin, a Bundesliga club from the former East Germany who were playing regional-level football less than 20 years ago, on their inaugural Champions League journey for our series Iron In The Blood.

https://theathletic.com/4884941/2023/09/21/union-berlin-supporters/

On 03/09/2023 at 13:44, Tommy said:

Very decent keeper. I wonder where he'll end up. 

Yeah, Casteels has been an excellent goalkeeper, I hope he remains in the Bundesliga. Wolfsburg will replace him with a younger Keeper, FC Copenhagen's Kamil Grabara, who is only 24 years old. The ex-Liverpool goalkeeper, is a Polish international and he has really improved since he left Liverpool a couple of years ago. Grabara should be a good replacement for Casteels at Wolfsburg next season.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 28/10/2023 at 20:28, Reluctant Striker said:

Seems harsh of Mainz to terminate Anwar El Ghazi's contract, for a Tweet, seen as pro-Palestine. And so for many.. anti Jew.

You normally hear of minor fines, warnings on future conduct etc. But seems he refused to apologise for his comments.

Seems it was some fake news.

Also from BBC, apparently he is now no longer suspended & has been just warned.

• 2 weeks later...

Landesverband Sachsen-Anhalt (one of 21  DFB regional associations) have banned Kreisoberliga (9th tier) club Eintracht Gladau from association membership, and so automatically from their league for right-wing extremist activities. Although Eintracht Gladau is the second club, who experienced that sanction Sachsen-Anhalt are the only regional association that practiced this method, so far. Ostelbien Dornburg the other club that were excluded from the leagues for right-wing extremism were also from there.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Although they qualified for the WC quarters, the U17 National players have been offended  for their ancestry, not for the first time. Can't eat as much as I want to vomit considering this racist rabble feel encouraged to express their disgusting opinion by the internet's anonomity and the fucking AFD poll successes.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Although they qualified for the WC quarters, the U17 National players have been offended  for their ancestry, not for the first time. Can't eat as much as I want to vomit considering this racist rabble feel encouraged to express their disgusting opinion by the internet's anonomity and the fucking AFD poll successes.

The DFB-Junioren Facebook page posted a selfie of a group of players from that team. Many, almost most, of the comments were just vile and shocking. But if you looked at the profiles of those who made these comments, it was just your usual trashy idiots, who barely have a grasp of the German language, despite being so "worried" about their so beloved fatherland. 

The saddest thing is that they are literally just kids. You shouldn't be making racist remarks to anyone. But kids... that's a special kind of low. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Sorry guys and gal had a bit of hiatus here since early Dec. Injured my foot/ankle pretty bad so ive been off work and thats mostly where i do my foruming. Mostly back on my feet but still Im off work for the near future it looks like but im going to try and get on here more again! Hope you all had a great Christmas and New years!

• Sad 3

• 1 month later...

Before theories are developed how Bayern having a bad season would be the reason Leverkusen are on top here's a stat for you. Last season Bayern were on top and had 4 points less than they got now after 22 matches. Over the last 5 season Bayern had only once as many points as they have now, in fact. It's more a case of Leverkusen doing exceptionally well, than of Bayern being extraordinary bad, even if that might not fit the narrative of the Buli being a one horse race.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, MUFC said:

My commiserations to Bayern. Nobody deserves this. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68443874

Hes actually been fine in his limited minutes tbh. As for what should be 4th choice CB I honestly dont think we could ask for more. Reminded me alot of the Daley Blind January transfer was it last year?

• Upvote 1

Do you remember the Metz U17 player who killed an opponent during a tournament match at Berlin? Now the court announced the verdict. Said player has been condemned to 2 years on parole for assault resulting in death. Know we're talking legal measures for minors here, still the whole sentence on parole appears very lenient to me considering the victim is dead.

• Wow 1