talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

German Football - General Talk

football forum

I do have a question. Will anyone else ever win the league again ? The record number for consecutive league titles is 13 I think from Rosenberg. Could beyern break it? 

17 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I do have a question. Will anyone else ever win the league again ? The record number for consecutive league titles is 13 I think from Rosenberg. Could beyern break it? 

Just my opinion, and maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I do feel like Lewandowski, Müller, and Neuer are generational talents that will be extremely difficult to replace when they leave/retire.  I tend to think that Bayern's grasp on the league has slipped in the last couple years and their titles have been more a function of other teams failures than Bayern's successes.  That being said, it is true in that Bayern's consistency when it comes to winning the tough games is something that the competition doesn't have.  Leipzig, Dortmund, Gladbach, Wolfsburg, Frankfurt all dropped points against each other and lesser teams down the stretch whereas Bayern grind out the results even when playing poorly.

Back to my original point... Bayern will still have talents like Kimmich and Goretzka but replacing Lewandowski's goals and Müller's assists will be extremely difficult, even with a budget that no one else in the league can compete with.  Manuel Neuer is arguably the best goalkeeper in the world.  I'd like to think that the gap between them and the other teams is getting smaller as those players age.  

Interested to see what @Viva la FCBwould say about this.

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Coma said:

Just my opinion, and maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I do feel like Lewandowski, Müller, and Neuer are generational talents that will be extremely difficult to replace when they leave/retire.  I tend to think that Bayern's grasp on the league has slipped in the last couple years and their titles have been more a function of other teams failures than Bayern's successes.  That being said, it is true in that Bayern's consistency when it comes to winning the tough games is something that the competition doesn't have.  Leipzig, Dortmund, Gladbach, Wolfsburg, Frankfurt all dropped points against each other and lesser teams down the stretch whereas Bayern grind out the results even when playing poorly.

Back to my original point... Bayern will still have talents like Kimmich and Goretzka but replacing Lewandowski's goals and Müller's assists will be extremely difficult, even with a budget that no one else in the league can compete with.  Manuel Neuer is arguably the best goalkeeper in the world.  I'd like to think that the gap between them and the other teams is getting smaller as those players age.  

Interested to see what @Viva la FCBwould say about this.

Id definitely tend to agree there will be opportunity, as some of faults Pep had the one thing he continually did was absolutely dominate the league. Since he left weve been inconsistent all over the place until Flick in his wonder season but even then the first chunk of that season under Kovac was shit, noone capitalized though.

Theres definitely going to be an opportunity with the roster turnover and aging core as you mention and our current transfer policy is leaving alot to be desired (sarr, richards, roca, cuisance etc) but at some point somethings got to give. With fans in the stans and revenue swinging up again I would imagine we will be reinvesting and there in lies the problem for the rest of the league. I should also mention there has been some gems of transfers as well, with Musiala shaping up for the future looking like a real talent even to a lesser extent Nübel and even still splashing cash on Upa to fill long term holes. The word im getting is with Kahn and Hainer taking the reigns there will be more of a shift to home grown players and national players as well so take that for what you will. 

So the short answer imo is a definite maybe but our resources will probably likely still keep us in the pole position. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Eco said:

I don't consider myself too superstitious , but we sucked with that previous avatar. 

I haven't watched any of the Augsburg or Hertha matches, but from what I've read Hertha sound doomed.  I thought they had a decent amount of talent last season but were just underperforming.  Now it just seems like they're dumping any players that they can get money for and clearing the decks for relegation.  Maybe Bobic just wants to start over.

Legendary German Sportsjournalist and Commentator Wolf-Dieter Poschmann died today at the age of 70. Grew up watching him, and he also commentated the German version of the FIFA Games in the late 90's. Always very knowledgeable with an iconic voice. RIP. 

5 hours ago, Coma said:

I haven't watched any of the Augsburg or Hertha matches, but from what I've read Hertha sound doomed.  I thought they had a decent amount of talent last season but were just underperforming.  Now it just seems like they're dumping any players that they can get money for and clearing the decks for relegation.  Maybe Bobic just wants to start over.

We have scored twice as many Own Goals as we have regular, 'this is how we win a game' goals. 

• 5 weeks later...

Yeah, so got an email the other day from ebay saying that I had the winning bid. Surprised, I looked to see what it was a bought....

Turns out I bid on two different RWE jerseys, and won both, both of which arrived today. 

Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 7.51.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-09-29 at 7.54.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 7.53.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 7.53.57 PM.png

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, Eco said:

Yeah, so got an email the other day from ebay saying that I had the winning bid. Surprised, I looked to see what it was a bought....

Turns out I bid on two different RWE jerseys, and won both, both of which arrived today. 

Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 7.51.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-09-29 at 7.54.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 7.53.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 7.53.57 PM.png

Those are both very nice.  Can't decide which I like better.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Eco said:

The long sleeved one is class, but yeah, they are both really nice. 

Only cost me about $50 for both

Sounds like a good deal. I like the long sleeve one myself!

I havent bought a kit for at least 3 or 4 years but that reminds me I wanted to buy Bayerns Oktoberfest one but it sold out everywhere and apparently was limited..:(

29 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Sounds like a good deal. I like the long sleeve one myself!

I havent bought a kit for at least 3 or 4 years but that reminds me I wanted to buy Bayerns Oktoberfest one but it sold out everywhere and apparently was limited..:(

Is that the black and gold one? 

If so, check DHgate.com, they have them for cheap and I have bought a few some that website and they are spot on. 

58 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Were you drunk when you bid on them? xD

Nice kits though! 

Hammered. 

It's Märzen season so my intake is much higher than usual. I bid on them thinking, 'yeah, for a 15 bucks this isn't bad'. 

Fucking won them both. 

1 hour ago, Khan of TF365 said:

18 teams in Premier League seems unpopular idea but German football seems comfortable with it. Just the way it is ?

There have always been loose talks about stocking it up to 20, but it never really became a serious option as far as I know. 18 seems fine to me. 

• Upvote 1