• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Pre-Season Friendlies/Tours 2017/18

football forum

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Inverted said:

Pretty much how he was used last season, no? 

No. He barely played at all last season and when he was it was at LB. 

What FOYM is saying is that he should be used further up the pitch because he's miles better going forward than defensively. 

16 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

No. He barely played at all last season and when he was it was at LB. 

What FOYM is saying is that he should be used further up the pitch because he's miles better going forward than defensively. 

I feel like I remember him coming on as a LM late in a few matches. 

He's here look, Mr positive xD

You're right in one sense though, defensively he isn't very good and it's been reported that £15m would probably be accepted. He shown last night though that there's a decent player in there, he just needs to grow a footballing brain and get some consistency. 

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

He's here look, Mr positive xD

You're right in one sense though, defensively he isn't very good and it's been reported that £15m would probably be accepted. He shown last night though that there's a decent player in there, he just needs to grow a footballing brain and get some consistency. 

It's quite hard to find anything positive to say about one of the most brain dead footballers I've ever seen.

He may well have been decent last night but it means fuck all. He could have put in a Gerrard-esque performance from the FA Cup final but again it'd mean fuck all because it's a pre-season friendly. When he starts to be decent in a proper game let me know.

3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

It's quite hard to find anything positive to say about one of the most brain dead footballers I've ever seen.

He may well have been decent last night but it means fuck all. He could have put in a Gerrard-esque performance from the FA Cup final but again it'd mean fuck all because it's a pre-season friendly. When he starts to be decent in a proper game let me know.

Nobody is saying he's good enough xD

We were just having a discussion about him and his performance last night. 

Dont worry, nothing too positive was said. 

4 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

He's not even worth having around as an impact off the bench as was first suggested. 

Maybe not, let's see what transpires. 

How about though Mike you have a look around the threads in this forum and see if you can find anything you find positive? 

I don't know what's happened to you, you used to be sound. Lately you remind me of someone who gets home, kicks off about all the people you work with and then has a go at the Mrs because the temperature of your tea isn't correct. 

Jesus Mike it was just a discussion, talking about his performance last night. Nobody has said he should be reinstated as first choice LB mate. 

Sorry but Mike has every right to say Moreno is shite, and since all agree that he isn't good enough for the team then I don't know why you're picking up on it? 

Mike has been critical with certain aspects of this club, but I wouldn't say any of it is unjustified. I'm not going to argue for him but being sceptical of ownership, questioning our transfer dealings thus far and pointing out that players like Mignolet and Moreno are not good enough for us are not unfair points or opinions to have. I think you just need to chill out a bit over mate, just because you want to either overlook things or you have a very positive spin to put on it doesn't mean everybody has to follow. 

There's plenty to be positive about when it comes to us, but there is also plenty of faults to be questioned too.

14 minutes ago, FOYM said:

Sorry but Mike has every right to say Moreno is shite, and since all agree that he isn't good enough for the team then I don't know why you're picking up on it? 

Mike has been critical with certain aspects of this club, but I wouldn't say any of it is unjustified. I'm not going to argue for him but being sceptical of ownership, questioning our transfer dealings thus far and pointing out that players like Mignolet and Moreno are not good enough for us are not unfair points or opinions to have. I think you just need to chill out a bit over mate, just because you want to either overlook things or you have a very positive spin to put on it doesn't mean everybody has to follow. 

There's plenty to be positive about when it comes to us, but there is also plenty of faults to be questioned too.

That's my point though mate, he only comes on to be negative and there's no need. 

He says we lack ambition in the transfer market but when we show ambition he says "it is only because we know they won't sell so it looks good and the fans will swallow it"

When we have the ground expanded he says "We should have bought a new one"

When we have the training facilities merged and upgraded he says "meh, it should have been done ages ago"

When we hire Klopp (one of the best managers around) he says "yeah well that's only to increase marketing profits in Asia"

Yes, he's said all these things and it's getting boring. Can he not just mix his negativity with a bit of positivity and credit instead of just moaning permanently?

Are you happy with our transfer dealings this summer? The club leaked clearly the 'promise' of Klopp having the biggest transfer budget ever, some were saying 200m. The club also went their way to leaking in for about us being interested in Keita and Van Dijk...but where are they? Still at their clubs, and probablt not coming here before the window ends. Where are the other targets? Why have we heard nothing but ths names of two players that are unlikely to come here? 

There's no sniff of anything right now. And that usually indicates that we have nothing going on, either that or the club are dealing unbelievably secretly...which would be new for us. 

Yes Salah is an exciting buy. Yes Solanke looks good for the future and Robertson looks to be decent, but that's a spend of what? 52-54m tops....so much for 200m eh. It's two weeks until kick off, it's been a fucking farce of a transfer window from us.

2 minutes ago, FOYM said:

Are you happy with our transfer dealings this summer? The club leaked clearly the 'promise' of Klopp having the biggest transfer budget ever, some were saying 200m. The club also went their way to leaking in for about us being interested in Keita and Van Dijk...but where are they? Still at their clubs, and probablt not coming here before the window ends. Where are the other targets? Why have we heard nothing but ths names of two players that are unlikely to come here? 

There's no sniff of anything right now. And that usually indicates that we have nothing going on, either that or the club are dealing unbelievably secretly...which would be new for us. 

Yes Salah is an exciting buy. Yes Solanke looks good for the future and Robertson looks to be decent, but that's a spend of what? 52-54m tops....so much for 200m eh. It's two weeks until kick off, it's been a fucking farce of a transfer window from us.

VVD is apparently in the bag (although a total farce I agree) which will take the spending to over £100m. Then there's a month of the window left yet! Not ideal granted but still time to get Klopps targets in. 

Spurs have spent nothing, Everton (despite being loarded) have spent nothing, Arsenal are in dire straights with 3 of their best players on the verge of leaving, Chelsea have spent nothing and are currently well short in terms of numbers. 

If as expected we get VVD then we are ok, not perfect, but ok. 

What the fuck is wrong with you people?  Ok things aren't perfect but We are not United or City. We can't just go out and spend £100's of millions year after year to solve our problems. We sometimes have to work at things, improve young players and priority's positions that need strengthening. 

We have a brilliant manager that I'm sure is doing his best and so far he's doing a terrific job. 

Im not saying all is great in the LFC world but fuck me, a bit of balance and positivity now and again wouldn't go a miss, hey Mike?

Im not necessarily saying we should spend 200m....i just want the squad and first team improved as was fucking promised in May. We haven't got anywhere near to doing that...and so what if there is a month left, we should have our work done early before the season starts. And don't tell me it's impossible to do it because the likes of Milan and Everton have got 90% of their work done before match 1. 

18 minutes ago, FOYM said:

Im not necessarily saying we should spend 200m....i just want the squad and first team improved as was fucking promised in May. We haven't got anywhere near to doing that...and so what if there is a month left, we should have our work done early before the season starts. And don't tell me it's impossible to do it because the likes of Milan and Everton have got 90% of their work done before match 1. 

I give up I really do, you sound like a spoilt kid. 

I cant believe Everton haven't got Sig over the line with it being so simple? 

No, it's not impossible. But have you been living under a rock? We have had 3 bids for Klopps number 1 target (Keita) rejected, the last one for over £70m. We are also still trying to get VVD which is proving difficult. 

Why are you two so intent on wetting yourselves? It would be nice to have all our targets wrapped up all nice and cosy already but it doesn't always happen like that, especially when going for top tier players. 

We aren't the only ones who haven't signed all our targets yet  you know! Plenty of time yet. 

Klopp said after the Berlin game that he was totally in control of transfers and was relaxed about it all (with a smile).....

Why don't you and Mike write a strongly worded letter to Jurgen himself to make him aware of your concerns because I'm absolutely sure he hasn't got a fucking clue what he's doing. 

One one hand I feel like there must be some use in mind for him - if he was seen as deadweight then I can't believe Liverpool would pass up the chance to get 11 million and his wages for the sake of a few mil more. 

On the other, Liverpool have options at LB - Robertson, Milner and Gomez and it seems his best chance is by. 

Also, although I totally understand the mindset of "let's not just spend big because it seems like what we should do, let's have clear targets in mind, and stick to those", I am a bit underwhelmed. 

It's clear that Klopp sees Van Dijk and Keita as the #1 option for CB and CM respectively - but there are plenty of players who could greatly improve the team. I've never seen this attitude, where it has been decided that in an area of clear need, that one player is the key. Even the biggest clubs have alternatives in mind. 

There is a middle ground between signing somebody just because you feel you need to sign someone, and refusing to contemplate anything else than the ideal transfer. 

5 minutes ago, Inverted said:

One one hand I feel like there must be some use in mind for him - if he was seen as deadweight then I can't believe Liverpool would pass up the chance to get 11 million and his wages for the sake of a few mil more. 

On the other, Liverpool have options at LB - Robertson, Milner and Gomez and it seems his best chance is by. 

Also, although I totally understand the mindset of "let's not just spend big because it seems like what we should do, let's have clear targets in mind, and stick to those", I am a bit underwhelmed. 

It's clear that Klopp sees Van Dijk and Keita as the #1 option for CB and CM respectively - but there are plenty of players who could greatly improve the team. I've never seen this attitude, where it has been decided that in an area of clear need, that one player is the key. Even the biggest clubs have alternatives in mind. 

There is a middle ground between signing somebody just because you feel you need to sign someone, and refusing to contemplate anything else than the ideal transfer. 

Exactly, which is why we shouldn't panic as there is plenty of time to sign alternatives 👍🏻

12 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

What?

Add what you've spent then take away what you received for Lukaku and basically your owners have spent nothing. 

Not that it's a bad thing mind, some would say it's good business. Others 👆would say it's lack of ambition. 

3 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

That's my point though mate, he only comes on to be negative and there's no need. 

He says we lack ambition in the transfer market but when we show ambition he says "it is only because we know they won't sell so it looks good and the fans will swallow it"

When we have the ground expanded he says "We should have bought a new one"

When we have the training facilities merged and upgraded he says "meh, it should have been done ages ago"

When we hire Klopp (one of the best managers around) he says "yeah well that's only to increase marketing profits in Asia"

Yes, he's said all these things and it's getting boring. Can he not just mix his negativity with a bit of positivity and credit instead of just moaning permanently?

My point about the transfers was that if we've been chasing these two players all summer and end up with neither or no alternatives, it would not be a surprise. Purely based on previous form. I said I'm happy to see what the rest of the window brings but was sceptical. I don't see a problem with that.

You're correct about what I said regarding the ground and I stand by it.

I don't recall ever passing comment on the training ground situation.

I never said that regarding Klopp. It was either Mike Gordon or some other cunt from FSG (whose name I forget) that made a comment about Klopp's marketability in India. I merely repeated it.

26 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

My point about the transfers was that if we've been chasing these two players all summer and end up with neither or no alternatives, it would not be a surprise. Purely based on previous form. I said I'm happy to see what the rest of the window brings but was sceptical. I don't see a problem with that.

You're correct about what I said regarding the ground and I stand by it.

I don't recall ever passing comment on the training ground situation.

I never said that regarding Klopp. It was either Mike Gordon or some other cunt from FSG (whose name I forget) that made a comment about Klopp's marketability in India. I merely repeated it.

Are you excited or mildly positive about anything? It would be nice to know!

• The topic was unpinned

Archived