talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bayern München Thread

6 hours ago, Dalmore said:

How is not Robben or Ribéry? It always has to be German?

Ribery couldn't be the captain of school team. He has no manners.

Robben had his issues in the past, too. He's certainly good enough as a football player, but I'm not sure if he has the right character.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Ribéry? Absolutely not captain material. Robben? Slightly better, but still very questionable. I think it should be someone who identifies with the club 100%, so it automatically rules out those two, and most foreigners in general, to be honest.

Like Nudge I approach this from a different perspective to those who are Bayern Supporters, but what has made it easier to accept what they have achieved over the past few years has been the integrity and respect shown by Philip Lahm as their - and Germany's - Captain.  Having know PMN since he was a kid I have no doubts that the same honesty and respect are totally within his being and, for me, he is the obvious choice.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, nudge said:

Ribéry? Absolutely not captain material. Robben? Slightly better, but still very questionable. I think it should be someone who identifies with the club 100%, so it automatically rules out those two, and most foreigners in general, to be honest.

I agree with everything your saying pretty much, Robbens worn the armbad in some cases but full time i just couldnt see it. Other then Neuer the only ones i would say are possibly captain material are Boateng (somewhat iffy), Hummels and Müller and i think Neuer is the easy choice over those three for so many reasons. 

6 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Not sure if serious.

How not? They always get their competitors best players, their finances blow everyone else out if the water, and in top of having the best Bundesliga players they also import elite talent from abroad. Do you really think Man Utd can pry a player like Coutinhomfrom Liverpool like Bayern can do to BVB? Even Juve were tsken to hell and back by Napoli before Pipita was transfered

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
48 minutes ago, Spike said:

How not? They always get their competitors best players, their finances blow everyone else out if the water, and in top of having the best Bundesliga players they also import elite talent from abroad. Do you really think Man Utd can pry a player like Coutinhomfrom Liverpool like Bayern can do to BVB? Even Juve were tsken to hell and back by Napoli before Pipita was transfered

The finances are true, but how is that Bayerns fault? They've run the club proper to which is a rarity in todays game. The reward for doing so is financial stability which allows a great youth setup and the ability to fill out the squad how the manager/brass see fit. What would you suggest? If all things are equal we would be referring to a different sport in how the model is but thats irrelevant anyways.

Stockpiling the best german talent? somewhat guilty, as been the Uli influence for the past number of years. Comparing leagues is a bit of a stretch, the Bundesliga is quite different. Our rivalries we are not buying from, league wise sure sometimes but not in even the same league comared to Pool and ManU. 

As far as buying from within the Bundesliga we are midtable when it comes to that.

On a side note Bernat underwent succesful surgery on his ankle ligament. 6-8 Weeks i think was what i read. Unfortunate because even in preseason he was outdoing Alaba yet again.

Edited by Viva la FCB

2 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

The finances are true, but how is that Bayerns fault? They've run the club proper to which is a rarity in todays game. The reward for doing so is financial stability which allows a great youth setup and the ability to fill out the squad how the manager/brass see fit. What would you suggest? If all things are equal we would be referring to a different sport in how the model is but thats irrelevant anyways.

Stockpiling the best german talent? somewhat guilty, as been the Uli influence for the past number of years. Comparing leagues is a bit of a stretch, the Bundesliga is quite different. Our rivalries we are not buying from, league wise sure sometimes but not in even the same league comared to Pool and ManU. 

As far as buying from within the Bundesliga we are midtable when it comes to that.

On a side note Bernat underwent succesful surgery on his ankle ligament. 6-8 Weeks i think was what i read. Unfortunate because even in preseason he was outdoing Alaba yet again.

You seem to think I was criticising Bayern.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Spike said:

You'd be wrong.

So "Ultimate predator club" is an odd choice of words then. I mean your right in regards to noone being able to compete financially. The way things stand i dont see this changing anytime soon either, it is a bit of a worry. I dont know what can be done either, the gap in my eyes is only growing wider. As the goal is now to compete for CL glory year in year out with the likes of Real and Barca.