talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Barcelona Discussion

football forum

3 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

yes, i've read it, sorry for the late reply for it.    it's nice of them to have stepped down in defiance of La Liga and Spain.

They didn't step down in defiance of La Liga and Spain!  I just noticed what you said there...  Where did you get that from?

They stepped down because as far as they were concerned they thought the sanctions should've been meaningless and that the club in defiance SHOULDN'T have played the game anyway.  They resigned because the rest of the board decided to play the game.

6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

They didn't step down in defiance of La Liga and Spain!  I just noticed what you said there...  Where did you get that from?

They stepped down because as far as they were concerned they thought the sanctions should've been meaningless and that the club in defiance SHOULDN'T have played the game anyway.  They resigned because the rest of the board decided to play the game.

Two high ranking directors at the board resigned yesterday for letting the game go ahead...  The vice president Carles Vilarrubí and the head for education at FCB, Jordi Monés.  They were wrong to let the game go ahead only because of the amount of people that were injured but for no other reason!  Football has no importance when things like these happened.  But the club is not a hypocrite for going ahead with the game because they were threatened from various centralist sectors with all sorts of sanctions ranging from either playing the rest of the season's domestic games behind closed doors which as you can appreciate would destroy the club to actually being suspended from playing in all domestic games (La Liga and Copa del Rey) for six months.  The club had no choice but to play the game!

i got lost here, i was assuming that they did it due to rebellion of some sort.

28 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

Two high ranking directors at the board resigned yesterday for letting the game go ahead...  The vice president Carles Vilarrubí and the head for education at FCB, Jordi Monés.  They were wrong to let the game go ahead only because of the amount of people that were injured but for no other reason!  Football has no importance when things like these happened.  But the club is not a hypocrite for going ahead with the game because they were threatened from various centralist sectors with all sorts of sanctions ranging from either playing the rest of the season's domestic games behind closed doors which as you can appreciate would destroy the club to actually being suspended from playing in all domestic games (La Liga and Copa del Rey) for six months.  The club had no choice but to play the game!

i got lost here, i was assuming that they did it due to rebellion of some sort.

No mate...  They resigned because they thought the game shouldn't have gone ahead and the club should've assumed the possible sanctions.  The club have now announced an emergency meeting of the board today.  Let's see what happens now...

1507282898144.jpg

Official: Andrés Iniesta renews for life with FC Barcelona

About 10 minutes ago FC Barcelona announced via its Twitter account a wonderful piece of news and one that every Culé was waiting for, Andrés Iniesta finally renews his contract with Barça and he's done it for life.  Iniesta will end his professional career at the club he started at, FC Barcelona.

The club has also announced that the protocol of his signature will be made at in the President Sunyol box at the Camp Nou at 11:30bst and at 12:00bst the press conference for the world's media will be officially opened with Andrés Iniesta and the club president, Josep Maria Bartomeu.

One of the biggest question marks being thrown at this board has finally been resolved and now a few others remain.  One thing is for sure and that's that this news will make every Barcelona fan very happy.  He is an authentic legend and someone like him HAS to finish his career at the club he's always played for.

1507291583656.jpg

Andrés Iniesta's numbers for Barça

There are very few players historically for any elite club that deserve to finish their careers where they started.  Andrés Iniesta is certainly one of those...  Every human being as they get older lowers their levels and has to compromise certain things while relying on their experience which is paramount.  Iniesta is one of those...  He is another Puyol or Xavi who both finished their competitive careers at the same club they were brought up in.  Iniesta was expecting the same respect and finally the club have come forth and offered him his dues by responding to the mass call from the fans to keep him until he decides to call it a day.  He (Iniesta) is the living proof that ultra Castillians and Catalans can find many things in common by basing their outlook on life on respect and comprehension.

Here are Iniesta's tremendous numbers for FC Barcelona during his career:

SEASONS: 16 (to date)

FIRST GOAL FOR BARÇA:  14th January 2004 against UD Levante in the 4th minute from an assist by Javier Saviola.  Barcelona won 3-1.

TITLES:  30 Titles. 8 La Liga titles, 4 Champions Leagues, 7 Supercopas de España, 5 Copas del Rey, 3 Supercopas de Europa, 3 Club World Cups.

TOTAL OFFICIAL GAMES FOR BARÇA: 639 games.

GOALS FOR BARÇA: 55 Goals.  34 La Liga, 11 Champions League, 9 Copa del Rey, 1 Supercopa de España.

CAPTAIN:  120 games as captain. Iniesta became first club captain in 2015/2016 and first wore the armband in 2008/2009.

Edited by SirBalon
  • Like 1

Massive news with Ineista signing a new deal. I was starting to believe that he was having thoughts on trying somewhere new next season and ending his career at another club, such at Juventus. That would have been disastrous from this board as Iniesta should retire at Barcelona. He's a true club legend and will always have great importance to the side whatever age he is, barring he isn't overused and burned out.

• Like 1

7dd459f9e18144dc63f31a61f1a18a12.jpg

Michael Laudrup - Barça Legend

One of the most elegant players in history and it's no surprise that Andrés Iniesta has him as his ultimate idol growing up.  I, like @The Rebel CRS would also have always imagined that Iniesta would choose him (I already know he was one of Iniesta's idols from past interviews) because there are various similarities in the way they would float around midfield with such elegance and manipulation of the ball.  The first time Michael Laudrup impacted me was in the 1986 World Cup in Mexico with that great Denmark side...  Laudrup was something special in that tournament and they lit the World Cup in the early stages of the tournament.  I followed his career from his Ajax years, then to Juve and finally landing at Barcelona.  Even when he went to Real Madrid he remained one of the favourite players of Barça fans and he continued to be applauded at the Camp Nou playing in white...  It goes to show that it depends how you do things and it's not exactly the fact you've gone to your deadly rivals.

He is a true FC Barcelona legend but also a football legend in general.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Savi plays in the middle east... if that doesn't count than neither does Gerrard in the USA.

It doesn’t count mate. We call that retirement and still doing a side job here in Europe. If they’d gone to Argentina or Brazil that would be a different story and even then most would feel like retirement. 

10 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

It doesn’t count mate. We call that retirement and still doing a side job here in Europe. If they’d gone to Argentina or Brazil that would be a different story and even then most would feel like retirement. 

It counts.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

It counts.

I don’t know if it does mate. Xavi won something or other in Qatar last season and it hasn’t been added to his honours list. All the same... The fans feel he retired at Barcelona by moving to nothingness and that’s what counts. 

17 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I don’t know if it does mate. Xavi won something or other in Qatar last season and it hasn’t been added to his honours list. All the same... The fans feel he retired at Barcelona by moving to nothingness and that’s what counts. 

According to what?

Just now, SirBalon said:

According to the RFEF lists produced every year. 

Why would Spain care about that though? It's a professional club, just because it is out of sight, and out of mind doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

I know but that doesn't mean he isn't playing for another team.

To be honest... (this answers @True Blue too), he (Xavi) was offered a lifetime deal and he declined it due to what that club in Qatar offered him in terms of combining his coaching badges and earning stupid amounts of money also playing. You could say he whored himself because they offered him a great deal in the US which he nearly took. They didn’t let him do the coaching badges though.