talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cricket

football forum

16 hours ago, Spike said:

The Australian media is cannibalising Pat Cummins. A terrible game and Australia cricket has become a crisis, of course England can’t just have a great game as a home side with favourable conditions, Australia has failed, it is 100% Cummins fault, not the fact Lyon is injured and the four best batsmen in the world are nibbling at every edge and LBW.

How bizarre.

I think Cummins has been great tbh, he's got a lot of calls right and to get on his back after one game where they've been absolutely rinsed so far is beyond harsh.

Really carried himself well I think and I have to say, I think it's pretty difficult to captain as a main bowler too and yet I wouldn't say it's taken too much away from his bowling.

Let's be real, Warner's not got going all series and nor has Smith or Marnus to an extent. A century for either only glosses over the fact they have given their wickets up far too easily IMO.

Perhaps only thing I'd be critical of is at Old Trafford, you always pick a spinner. It's a given. Appreciate Lyon is out but so is Jack Leach and we're using a part time spinner in Mo, surely they had to show some faith in the lad that came in at Headingley.

Edited by Lucas

On 23/07/2023 at 07:01, Lucas said:

How bizarre.

I think Cummins has been great tbh, he's got a lot of calls right and to get on his back after one game where they've been absolutely rinsed so far is beyond harsh.

Really carried himself well I think and I have to say, I think it's pretty difficult to captain as a main bowler too and yet I wouldn't say it's taken too much away from his bowling.

Let's be real, Warner's not got going all series and nor has Smith or Marnus to an extent. A century for either only glosses over the fact they have given their wickets up far too easily IMO.

Perhaps only thing I'd be critical of is at Old Trafford, you always pick a spinner. It's a given. Appreciate Lyon is out but so is Jack Leach and we're using a part time spinner in Mo, surely they had to show some faith in the lad that came in at Headingley.

It’s not bizarre. It’s just a cultural difference and media mindset. Australia takes full culpability, it’s a huge introspection into criticism, questions are asked of the players, everything of the team is a problem and needs addressing. Look at the English media, it’s far more extroverted and vain, we’re unlucky, the weather ruined it, the rules need to change, why can’t we play at night, why can’t we do this, cricket has died, and so on. Australia attacks itself, England attacks everything else.

Cummins is in question, Stokes is above reproach; despite the score being 2-1. I find England and their current bazball ‘heroes of cricket’ mindset to be absolutely bizarre, the mental gymnastics are mad. They act as if Australia doesn’t even exist, it’s a storybook about England, they are the protagonist and everyone else is a plot device to work through.It’s all Id and ego has without superego. But in saying that Australia eats it’s players alive, the treatment they get verges on unfair a lot of the time, how they treat Warner and his wife is unacceptable and quite misogynistic.

Edited by Spike

Stuart Broad was the one to start the rally to ban Ajmal after he played a whole season in England. 

His most career defining moment is getting hit for 6 sixes by Yuvraj. 

On the other hand this guy is the David Alaba of cricket. Can play any role in all formats with both bat and ball. 

• Administrator

Broad the only ever person to hit his final ball for 6 and get a wicket on his final ever ball. Quite a special feat when you consider the odds of it happening are extremely slim. 

2 hours ago, Beelzebub said:

His most career defining moment is getting hit for 6 sixes by Yuvraj. 

This was also a special moment. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is the last serious ODI World Cup. De Cock Stokes and many more to retire from this format after this. It won't be seen as the biggest competition anymore, the T20 Championship will be as big or even more for next generation. The T20 WC will now have 20 teams means small teams will have more incentive to play in it. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/09/2023 at 05:34, Beelzebub said:

This is the last serious ODI World Cup. De Cock Stokes and many more to retire from this format after this. It won't be seen as the biggest competition anymore, the T20 Championship will be as big or even more for next generation. The T20 WC will now have 20 teams means small teams will have more incentive to play in it. 

I think t20 was invented to get more people into it. I think the game is to long for a lot of people. Also I think if there was a limit to how many overs one player could play in it would encourage more risky batting and would attract more people. I don't watch cricket but watched the world cup final and the super over was very entertaining.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, MUFC said:

They should bring back the death penalty for being run out like that.

Shaheen fucked up there. Should never run on a misfield, and Nawaz was too far down back in his own crease to even think of a run.