talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Newcastle United Discussion

football forum

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Rumour has it that Bruce is just pushing his luck as much as possible to try and get the sack?? 

Reckon his introductory Sports Direct discount offer has ran out?

On 24/03/2021 at 14:42, Bluewolf said:

Rumour has it that Bruce is just pushing his luck as much as possible to try and get the sack?? 

Aye its not because he's shite it's because he wants the £4m payoff :ph34r:

🗣 Rio Ferdinand on #NUFC: “Whether the Geordies don’t like it, a lot of them hate him and don’t like him but, round your money up and take over the club then.” 

:4_joy:

Aye, why doesn't every match goer put up £80,000 each. 

I'm sure everyone is thinking the same thing, I wonder what drugs they would have found in Rio's system if he didn't skip the test.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, SkyBruce Championship said:

Yeah he sells his garb in Ashley's shop. Exclusive rights I think.

His uncle should give him a clip on the back of the head :ph34r:

Just had a quick google and Ferdinand grew up in Peckham and so should know about poverty. No excuse for someone to make a comment like that with a poor background.

I actually just worked out that if 500000 fans tried to buy newcastle they would have to find 6 grand each. 

Edited by Guest

On 26/03/2021 at 13:26, Gunnersauraus said:

Just had a quick google and Ferdinand grew up in Peckham and so should know about poverty. No excuse for someone to make a comment like that with a poor background.

I actually just worked out that if 500000 fans tried to buy newcastle they would have to find 6 grand each. 

People that get really rich often grow out of touch, regardless of their backgrounds. A lot of people from more humble beginnings "forget where they came from" once they've got a lot of money - Ferdinand's had a lot of money for a very long time.

And he's got his own interest in Mike Ashley, as CEO of SportsDirect, not coming across as a horrible person who's businesses shouldn't be avoided like the plague because he's got an exclusive deal to sell his shite at SportsDirect. So not only is he out of touch, he's got a vested interest in doing a bit of PR for Ashley here.

Andros Townsend linked with Newcastle United.

I can 100% see this happening if Bruce stays. Regardless of what divison they're in.

Id feel feel Andros if he went there under Bruce. I imagine he would get caught in the cross fire of being associated with the Talksport pundits who defend Bruce and he isn't the player he once was. Would ruin any fond memories the supporters have of him.

53 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Andros Townsend linked with Newcastle United.

I can 100% see this happening if Bruce stays. Regardless of what divison they're in.

Id feel feel Andros if he went there under Bruce. I imagine he would get caught in the cross fire of being associated with the Talksport pundits who defend Bruce and he isn't the player he once was. Would ruin any fond memories the supporters have of him.

He was good for us in that short spell. Though that was many years ago.

Some people don't like him for walking out after relegation. Especially as he seemed to be talking as if he'd stay. Wouldn't be surprised if the club packed his bags for him once we got an offer.

36 minutes ago, SkyBruce Championship said:

He was good for us in that short spell. Though that was many years ago.

Some people don't like him for walking out after relegation. Especially as he seemed to be talking as if he'd stay. Wouldn't be surprised if the club packed his bags for him once we got an offer.

In his defence he didn't exactly walk out. In his heart I think he wanted to stay. Especially after when we played you. He scored the winner, and after he slagged off Cabaye and others for their late tackles. That summer we activated his release clause and Roy Hodgson got sacked as England Manager which lost his guarantee of "I'll watch you in The Championship".

It took him about eight months before he looked settled playing for us and I think that a combination of Pardew, not wanting the move and being told he's not a right sided player.

37 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

In his defence he didn't exactly walk out. In his heart I think he wanted to stay. Especially after when we played you. He scored the winner, and after he slagged off Cabaye and others for their late tackles. That summer we activated his release clause and Roy Hodgson got sacked as England Manager which lost his guarantee of "I'll watch you in The Championship".

It took him about eight months before he looked settled playing for us and I think that a combination of Pardew, not wanting the move and being told he's not a right sided player.

I'm not sure there is any point in him coming here to be honest. Unless we went down. 

March 5th. Steve Bruce on Ritchie story “There is a source feeding stuff. It is the most disappointing thing. We are looking into to it to find the culprit."

April 4th. Steve Bruce "There's this nonsense about a mole in the dressing room. Blah blah blah"

The Donald Trump of football strikes again.

• Administrator

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56673354

A fans group is attempting to raise funds to try to buy a stake in Newcastle United if owner Mike Ashley is successful in selling the club.

The Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST) is asking fans to contribute 'what they can' to the The 1892 Pledge.

Ashley, who saw a £300m bid from a Saudi Arabian-backed group collapse last year, remains intent to sell.

Greg Tomlinson, chair of the Trust, said fans have "to put our money where our mouth is".

"For decades, fans have been told they are the lifeblood of the club, but when major decisions are made, they are always left out.

"It is an unfortunate fact that in football, as in life, money talks.

"Raising funds will give us the financial backing to make our voices properly heard as and when the club is eventually sold."

The Trust says plans for the The 1892 Pledge have taken three years to formulate and are designed to safeguard the future of the club.

Newcastle are 17th in the table after 30 games this season, just one place and three points above the relegation places.

"NUST aims to build a pot of money that can either give supporters a small share of the club if it is sold while in the Premier League or see fans ready to step in to help save the club in the event of relegation and the financial consequences that could see a change of ownership," the Trust, who say they have more than 14,000 members, said in a statement.

Former Newcastle and England defender Warren Barton is one of the four "guardians" of the fund, which also includes local MP Ian Mearns.

The Trust has also said that if its bid to buy part of the club is unsuccessful then all of the money would be donated to charities based in the North East of England.