• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Recommended Posts

From Crystal Palace. Sixteen million.

Crystal Palace signing the best available talent in The Championship.

If this is a dream. Dont wake me up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disappointed we've accepted such a low offer, I thought we would hold out for 20million. I'd expect a Newcastle offer now.

Obviously given up on play offs with Grosicki also going. Just flotsam and jetsam now, hopefully stay up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It can't be that low surely?

If it is, that will get hijacked by someone else I think. Got to be an option for at least 8-10 clubs in the PL if Hull are panic selling. Ridiculous price.

Personally hope he stays now, especially if Grosicki goes. Would only strengthen our arm in the summer if we go up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Lucas said:

It can't be that low surely?

If it is, that will get hijacked by someone else I think. Got to be an option for at least 8-10 clubs in the PL if Hull are panic selling. Ridiculous price.

Personally hope he stays now, especially if Grosicki goes. Would only strengthen our arm in the summer if we go up.

Ed Aarons seems to think West Ham are trying to gazump us. I'd be pretty concerned if it was Southampton, Wolves, Everton etc but if he would rather play in front of those toxic fans with an energy of feeling like hes underperformed every season then more fool him.

Ed Aarons has also name dropped Ebere Eze as a plan b. Hed really suit us I reckon. He reminds me a lot of what Wilfried Zaha was like at his age. Albeit given Spurs have been tickling him like they did with Sessegnon 2+ years before they signed him so I think that may kick them in to action.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Ed Aarons seems to think West Ham are trying to gazump us. I'd be pretty concerned if it was Southampton, Wolves, Everton etc but if he would rather play in front of those toxic fans with an energy of feeling like hes underperformed every season then more fool him.

Ed Aarons has also name dropped Ebere Eze as a plan b. Hed really suit us I reckon. He reminds me a lot of what Wilfried Zaha was like at his age. Albeit given Spurs have been tickling him like they did with Sessegnon 2+ years before they signed him so I think that may kick them in to action.

Eze is a great alternative. Could see him at Palace as well. Some players just fit some clubs seamlessly and he is one example of this.  I can't see him at Spurs with Mourinho, isn't his kind of player at all.

Should test the water with Bright Osayi Samuel too. That kid is going places.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Ed Aarons seems to think West Ham are trying to gazump us. I'd be pretty concerned if it was Southampton, Wolves, Everton etc but if he would rather play in front of those toxic fans with an energy of feeling like hes underperformed every season then more fool him.

Ed Aarons has also name dropped Ebere Eze as a plan b. Hed really suit us I reckon. He reminds me a lot of what Wilfried Zaha was like at his age. Albeit given Spurs have been tickling him like they did with Sessegnon 2+ years before they signed him so I think that may kick them in to action.

 

5 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Eze is a great alternative. Could see him at Palace as well. Some players just fit some clubs seamlessly and he is one example of this.  I can't see him at Spurs with Mourinho, isn't his kind of player at all.

Should test the water with Bright Osayi Samuel too. That kid is going places.

Eze is coming to us in the summer 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Storts said:

 

Eze is coming to us in the summer 

All these signings hey. 

 

If only Poch was backed like this ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

All these signings hey. 

 

If only Poch was backed like this ?

Definitely

But also Poch was very fussy, vetoed a lot of options. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was one I was hoping we would get over the line, would have been a good signing and I thought Brucey's Hull connections might have done us a favour. 

Bit of a risk but he's a forward player that scores goals, a concept that is entirely lost on our current players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Storts said:

Definitely

But also Poch was very fussy, vetoed a lot of options. 

Will Mourinho turn all these signings into CB's though? Let's face it he's a dinosaur of the modern game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Will Mourinho turn all these signings into CB's though? Let's face it he's a dinosaur of the modern game.

I haven't seen that yet. He's trying to adapt - and we certainly are still going for it, we're just not very good.

But I like the way we're finally starting to retool with players age 22ish - it's what been needed for an ageing squad. 

Need a proper DM in the summer, but Ndombele DM Lo Celso is a great midfield three.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Storts said:

I haven't seen that yet. He's trying to adapt - and we certainly are still going for it, we're just not very good.

But I like the way we're finally starting to retool with players age 22ish - it's what been needed for an ageing squad. 

Need a proper DM in the summer, but Ndombele DM Lo Celso is a great midfield three.

 

Yeah on paper that looks pretty good, depending on the new DM of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Yeah on paper that looks pretty good, depending on the new DM of course.

Winks can do the role for now but definitely needs someone else in there.

I'm impressed though this window - Mourinho's come in and got rid of the two most toxic players in the squad, and brought in permanently two young talented players in Lo Celso and Bergwijn, plus Gedson. It's what we needed.

Just hope we can get a striker tomorrow but not optimistic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Lucas said:

 

Should test the water with Bright Osayi Samuel too. That kid is going places.

Hes definitely progressed exceptionally well this season. I do like the look of him but I think he could benefit a lot with at least another year in The Championship even if it means paying more in the future. I think the same about Pinnock and DaSilva at Brentford.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope Bowen picks Palace over West Ham.  Don’t dislike West Ham like most seem to but club is a mess from top to bottom, think it could harm his career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Hope Bowen picks Palace over West Ham.  Don’t dislike West Ham like most seem to but club is a mess from top to bottom, think it could harm his career.

Would probably be back in the Championship sooner than Palace as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote.thumb.png.fa6650d55dbc6aa75f59721e25dc916a.png

Jarrod Bowen set for deadline day medical as West Ham beat Crystal Palace to £22m deal.

West Ham are closing in on their third signing of the January transfer window. (EXPRESS)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Storts said:

 

Eze is coming to us in the summer 

It wouldnt surprise me. Everything that went on with Sessegnon has been going on with him.

We missed the boat with him, Watkins and Maja 18 months ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not too bothered about anybody that wants to sign for West Ham over us. Absolutely toxic fan base that make you feel like you've under achieved every season. They're one of the very few football clubs I see no perks for any footballer to join.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently our offer for Jarrod Bowen was a loan. Yep that's it. A loan. What a shambles we are at the minute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

West Ham medical complete...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bowen has joined West Ham. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big ask for him to go into a team battling relegation. West Ham’s recruitment has been poor for a while but this is probably their most positive signing for a while. 

Quite interested to see how he gets on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Big ask for him to go into a team battling relegation. West Ham’s recruitment has been poor for a while but this is probably their most positive signing for a while. 

Quite interested to see how he gets on. 

I think Newcastle would have been the better move for him tbh. Both sides don't play great football, but I'm feeling pretty certain that Bruce's Newcastle will be staying up and that's probably a better platform for better things for seasons beyond this one. Meanwhile, West Ham look totally shite and they've got a tricky list of fixtures to go still.

Obviously, though, if he scores goals for them... that goes some way to keeping West Ham up, obviously. But I think West Ham are pretty fucked looking at their fixture list - those are some tough matches and I assume they'll lose most of them and look pretty poor, which'll hurt their confidence for the remaining matches where they'll need to be fighting for their lives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bruce wanted him and he wanted Bruce.

If this lad turns out to be good at this level it will be on the hierarchies heads. Especially as they offered €35m for a french mid this window.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you West Ham, new premium set for top Championship players

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement