talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Discussion

football forum

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Any chance Wenger doesn't stay on beyond next summer if arsenal finish sixth and all these contacts expire and there is trouble bringing in replacements? 

I don't know mate...  With a depleted squad which apart from Lacazette is exactly the same as the failure of last season with less players, players on a final contractual year and all that.  He has a perfectly good excuse this time around.  Ultimately the situation at hand is his fault because he's the manager from top to bottom, but what we have is what we have and you can't knock a finish in 6th under these circumstances.  Anything lower than that and he may finally have problems from those above.

That's my opinion anyway.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger says he "hesitated" over signing a new contract last season because he doubted whether he was "capable of leading the club".

Wenger agreed a two-year deal in May, a month before his contract expired.

On French TV programme Telefoot, he said there were "personal reasons" behind the decision to delay extending his 21-year reign at the Gunners.

But he added: "I've been there for so long that you always wonder, can you still take the team to the next level?"

"I've been at Arsenal many years and last season we struggled a lot," the 67-year-old Frenchman said.

"This year we won our first game, we weren't as good in the second match and then we had a catastrophic performance.

"But now we have to recover and, as always in a time of crisis, you have to win your next game."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41145505

Wenger fishing so I don't have to

:219_fisherman_fishing_at_a_lake:

2 hours ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Be positive and support the team... :ph34r:

Obviously I do mate but it's all so stale and uninspiring.

The worst thing as that certain sectors always come out with reasons as to why our mediocrity is normal and the more hardcore ones will tell us about FA CUPS. 

4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Obviously I do mate but it's all so stale and uninspiring.

The worst thing as that certain sectors always come out with reasons as to why our mediocrity is normal and the more hardcore ones will tell us about FA CUPS. 

That was tounge in cheek aha. Agree mate the club's a total shambles from top to bottom and it's only going to get worse.

1 hour ago, Chaaay AFC said:

That was tounge in cheek aha. Agree mate the club's a total shambles from top to bottom and it's only going to get worse.

I knew it was tongue and cheek mate. But I feel you are the moderate version of me which I love. I just used your post to display more of my dissatisfaction. 

On 9/1/2017 at 2:56 PM, Chaaay AFC said:

Because Walcott has done far more for this club and is a superior player. Walcott is by no means a world beater but it's easy to forget he bagged 19 goals last season. Which is more than Ox managed in his whole Arsenal career pretty much.

Walcott cant beat a keeper one on one or cant dribble past a single defender, all he has is pace and I doubt any other club really would bid for him. Atleast Ox will shine under a different manager I think

2 hours ago, Asura said:

Walcott cant beat a keeper one on one or cant dribble past a single defender, all he has is pace and I doubt any other club really would bid for him. Atleast Ox will shine under a different manager I think

Chamberlain and Walcott weren't even competing for the same spot and when they were, before the formation change, Chamberlain was rarely effective whereas Walcott while he doesn't look silky and impressive he still was a lot more effective than Chamberlain.

As I said before though, two totally different players that were used differently. Chamberlain is a runner with the ball whereas Walcott is a goal threat.

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Chamberlain and Walcott weren't even competing for the same spot and when they were, before the formation change, Chamberlain was rarely effective whereas Walcott while he doesn't look silky and impressive he still was a lot more effective than Chamberlain.

As I said before though, two totally different players that were used differently. Chamberlain is a runner with the ball whereas Walcott is a goal threat.

debatable :ph34r: 

1 hour ago, 6666 said:

ill agree with everything you said except that last line, walcott is not a goal threat mate, if anything he will shoot  into the keeper's hands half the time. I still believe Ox can shine under a good manager and could be a much better player than he was at Arsenal.

1 minute ago, Asura said:

ill agree with everything you said except that last line, walcott is not a goal threat mate, if anything he will shoot  into the keeper's hands half the time. I still believe Ox can shine under a good manager and could be a much better player than he was at Arsenal.

He always gets into good positions to score. That's a goal threat. And based on last season, he puts a fair few of them away.

50 minutes ago, Stan said:

debatable :ph34r: 

Scored more goals than Vardy last season. In less games. From the wing. :coffee:

He's better than Vardy! :ph34r: Now, that means something!

Anyway...  Walcott stunted years ago.  He has pace and his pace gets him into dangerous situations in various games but he's not a majorly talented player...  Actually he's monotone based on only pace.

Walcott is actually the epitome of Arsenal over the past ten years.  A player that can have his day at times, but more times than not isn't reliable which is why he's never really been seen at any level as a mainstay in a first XI.

7 hours ago, VanPanna said:

Wenger has labelled Arsenal fans stupid who have criticised him. 

Did he say why?

Because I'm willing to give every man and woman the benefit of the doubt if they have a good argument.  Why does he think 70% of Arsenal fans are imbeciles?