talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Discussion

football forum

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

Yeah but the same thing happens quite a lot at other clubs. Maybe he should have gone ten years ago I don't know. I just think fans have to be realistic. Even at his worst he's better than most. Outside the top 6 I'm not sure if I would take any manager over him. Look at Liverpool massive club. Klopp is the only manager I would take of theirs over the last ten to twelve years. Some may say benitez but for me he would only work short term and he would spend a fortune then leave us in the shit. Doesn't mean the club shouldn't try but it's not easy to get where we want to be.

Don't take this the wrong way mate, but stop making comparisons. You are an Arsenal fan and we should only concern ourselves with what goes on at our club. Arsenal has much more resources than Liverpool as crazy as that may sound and certainly during the process of us becoming what we are today we had all the tools to build something very big. That last part is the frustrating thing and it's the greed within the board and how PLCs work within the system that has been a large part the reason to what we're seeing by comparison.

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

This. 

Silver spoon Arsenal fans need to realise how easy they've had it.

That's not true mate!  There's a lot of bullshit in there and it's unfair to criticise what can be put in front of you as facts to what we have today.  Wenger has been the voice of the board and has fed us all bullshit with stuff like "we can compete with what we have" or "we will sign players to compete this coming window" and then not sign anyone.  Where did the money for Aubameyang suddenly come from?

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Don't take this the wrong way mate, but stop making comparisons. You are an Arsenal fan and we should only concern ourselves with what goes on at our club. Arsenal has much more resources than Liverpool as crazy as that may sound and certainly during the process of us becoming what we are today we had all the tools to build something very big. That last part is the frustrating thing and it's the greed within the board and how PLCs work within the system that has been a large part the reason to what we're seeing by comparison.

I'm not overly convinced that's true. Liverpool are a global brand. They had 90 thousand people turn up for a friendly in Australia. You may be right but I'd have to get all the facts before I believe that. Anyway a lot of the resources we have now are because of Wenger I imagine.  

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

I'm not overly convinced that's true. Liverpool are a global brand. They had 90 thousand people turn up for a friendly in Australia. You may be right but I'd have to get all the facts before I believe that. Anyway a lot of the resources we have now are because of Wenger I imagine.  

I'm not saying they're not a global brand and also for me they're a million light years bigger than Arsenal in heritage of being successful. But that's not what I'm on about... Most top ranking Premier League clubs will get massive followings when they visit far away places but the Arsenal brand in today's football is massive globally.  We don't merit it but then again the following the Premier League gets all over the world isn't merited either and it's all about the product packaging which is second to none.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

if you're an Arsenal fan you'd be foolish not to give Wenger a good send off whenever he goes. Last couple of years been shite for them but you gotta look at the bigger picture over the course of 20+ years and the success within and give Wenger the respect deserved.

He's been taking them backwards for over a decade though. That's most of his time there. It would be harsh to boo him, but I wouldn't question any Arsenal who doesn't want to give him a warm send off

17 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

It's definitely true mate. Have a look here

https://www2.deloitte.com/uk/en/pages/sports-business-group/articles/deloitte-football-money-league.html

We may get big crowds for overseas friendlies, but you get 15,000 more than us every week paying higher ticket prices.

29 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

He's been taking them backwards for over a decade though. That's most of his time there. It would be harsh to boo him, but I wouldn't question any Arsenal who doesn't want to give him a warm send off

It's definitely true mate. Have a look here

https://www2.deloitte.com/uk/en/pages/sports-business-group/articles/deloitte-football-money-league.html

We may get big crowds for overseas friendlies, but you get 15,000 more than us every week paying higher ticket prices.

Yeah but there is merchandise as well. Also costs. Emirates would cost more to run. Like I said I don't know when Wenger should have gone. But I know he should go now.

Think for even his sake he should call it a day. It's like these cunts aren't even trying for him right now after he constantly defends them and it's not like we can get rid of the players.

Not sure who I'd want as the new manager. Leonardo Jardim or Thomas Tuchel would be two I'd be happy with.

1 hour ago, 6666 said:

Think for even his sake he should call it a day. It's like these cunts aren't even trying for him right now after he constantly defends them and it's not like we can get rid of the players.

Not sure who I'd want as the new manager. Leonardo Jardim or Thomas Tuchel would be two I'd be happy with.

Fair play mate. You've defended Wenger a lot. I wish more fans could be more rational. Passion is fine. But sometimes some fans let it effect their rational thinking. Out if interest what would you except for a first season under a new manager?

19 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Fair play mate. You've defended Wenger a lot. I wish more fans could be more rational. Passion is fine. But sometimes some fans let it effect their rational thinking. Out if interest what would you except for a first season under a new manager?

What the hell is rational when we've been going backwards for a number of years now?

But then again you were optimistic for this season which to be honest is normal for you to think this way. It must've come as a real shock and blow to you to see us have such a disastrous season out of the blue. :dam:

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I think the first goal is to just get back into the top 4. Not making it under his first season obviously wouldn't be a sackable offence as he'd be coming into it after two seasons of us not being there anyway. In his first season, as long as he doesn't completely have a disaster like falling out of the top half or even the top 6, he just needs to show he has ideas that can be capitalised on similar to how things were with Klopp at Liverpool. Think during his first season at Liverpool they actually finished 8th but he showed enough promise.

1 hour ago, 6666 said:

I think the first goal is to just get back into the top 4. Not making it under his first season obviously wouldn't be a sackable offence as he'd be coming into it after two seasons of us not being there anyway. In his first season, as long as he doesn't completely have a disaster like falling out of the top half or even the top 6, he just needs to show he has ideas that can be capitalised on similar to how things were with Klopp at Liverpool. Think during his first season at Liverpool they actually finished 8th but he showed enough promise.

The thing is how long will the fans give before they start to complain? Most won't be that patient because they think things can be sorted in a few games

9 hours ago, SirBalon said:

The problem is he's burning those bridges fast these days... Like I've said in the past, he's not the only one to blame for the tremendous mess we're in as it's in big part an issue that has its roots further up the heirachy at board level.  This goes back years!  But he's been a yes man for the club and that particular issue is one people don't have all the details on and we've only got speculation over the years from some journalists that claim to be in the know where Arsenal internal issues are in question.

What makes me laugh though is that some Arsenal fans think it's just something revolving a new name as head coach (I say head coach because it won't be a manager in the future). The mess is massive and the solutions will be expensive in the long run and I would say that this is something that's really got the board worried.  Top top coaches will analyse the situation and probably say no while others will just take the job on because of the status it provides. We are not an elite club in terms of competitiveness and vying for the top honours (the real top honours), but we are a MASSIVE brand name in the game and that gives you big opportunities.

All the top analysts believe that a change of coach right now would be madness and I was listening to The Times podcast the other night where their chief sports editor stating the same thing in that there are many things that need to be sorted where the owner of Crystal Palace who was also talking added that the present board at Arsenal aren't football people and have never had to fire anyone so hiring would be completely alien to them.  This is why they brought in Raúl Sanllehi who is an expert at working in high end football boards and can direct but he does need the higher end of the board at technical levels to place a project he can look to work towards... Who on the board other than Ivan Gazidis who is good but has also been frustrated in the past for a lack of direction coming from above.

How is a new coach going to be selected and what is he supposed to be walking into?

Some people think this is that games console thing called FIFA.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Great to see self criticism. Makes him bigger! :congrats:

He has cost Arsenal in so many games not just this one.  Its all Arsenal players seem to do is to run on social media after every game to apoligise and promise to make it right.  Its getting pathetic now but at least their is some connection with the fans with the players unlike the manager, who is so far apart from the fans due to this horrible arrogance.  Wenger wouldnt last 5 mins in Spain or Italy with the way it has gone with him at Arsenal.

Edited by VanPaddy

24 minutes ago, Asura said:

I will applaud him no matter when he quits. Provided @SirBalon arranges the plane and stadium tickets for me :ph34r:

Since I sold my season ticket in the summer for the next two years (I was clever with my calculations) I can now afford a business class flight with a private masseur for you and a suite at the Grosvenor House hotel. 

• Thanks 1

ESPN FC website has posted an article saying Brendan Rodgers could be the man (along with few other names like Jardim and Simeone) to replace Arsene Wenger, what a character filled appointment that would be. xD

• Haha 1

I'd expect Cech to go to America/Australia/Asia at the end of the season.

It's interesting with Wenger because there's no doubt that his time is coming to an end, whilst he has had great success in recent years winning 3 FA Cups he and the club haven't been able to sustain actual competition for the title and have in the league regressed to where they are now.

He deserves massive respect from his early stint as in his first 9 years at the club they won 7 major trophies and created a side that was dominant at national level and made a Champions League final appearance. Unfortunately the FA Cup isn't held with much prestige anymore but the complete lack of competition in the league and Europe over the last 5 years at least means that something has gone drastically wrong as the money has obviously been there at the club.

But he is undoubtedly Arsenal's greatest ever manager regardless of how bad things have been since 2005 and he should be given a proper send off, the last time Arsenal won 9 major trophies in a 9 year period was back in the 30s and everything since was about 2-3 trophies every 10-20 years.

A travel company that has organised trips to all of Arsenal's away games in the Europa League this season has cancelled their service to AC Milan, because of a lack of interest.

SportOptions has run trips to away games for over 20 years and they took over 150 Arsenal fans to Ostersunds for the previous round - but they have seen a big slump in demand for the first leg of the last-16 tie at the San Siro on Thursday.

The company's boss, Miles Saward, says a number of factors have come into play.