• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FINAL - Wednesday 24th May - Ajax 0-2 Man Utd

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Just now, Danny said:

They've had barely anything to do, Traore has been playing as a one man attack.

must be watching a different game to me then.

They've dealt with a lot of what the Utd attack have had to offer. 

Just now, Stan said:

must be watching a different game to me then.

They've dealt with a lot of what the Utd attack have had to offer. 

They've offered nothing though, just sat back and defended a lead from two goals scored against the run of play.

5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Traore has no end product. Even at Chelsea, all flair and a poor IQ in the final third. 

Also difficult to produce an end product when you're surrounded by 3-5 defenders constantly and having little support from anyone else.

• Administrator

Well done to Utd for winning the competition though. Gamble by Mourinho to put all his eggs in the Europa League basket paid off. Job done on the night in what was a very mediocre final to watch.

Ajax players can be proud of their achievements of getting further than some top clubs in this competition to reach the final. Especially considering the ages of some individuals and some of these kids will go quite far for sure.

Pogba's celebration was cringe-worthy. Dancing on his own xD

• Subscriber

Did what they had to. Knew they'd win it. Not an entertaining side but have been effective here. I do think though for their outlay this is the absolute bare minimum and the real work starts next year.

3 minutes ago, Danny said:

Also difficult to produce an end product when you're surrounded by 3-5 defenders constantly and having little support from anyone else.

I'm just saying how it is regardless of this game. Looks promising but lacks any real intelligence in the final third. 

Shame this Ajax team will be torn apart because it would be good to see them grow together. Far too much for them this tonight though, they were poor. Couldn't deal with United's game plan. 

If this was at the Amsterdam arena, man utd would of lost.  I think the unfamilar scene and pressure,  also losing this will be good for them as well as they will want to improve. Good tournament anyway from Ajax, destroyed teams like Lyon and Schalke.

• The title was changed to FINAL - Wednesday 24th May - Ajax 0-2 Man Utd
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived