talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Rumours 2017

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd happily take £25m for Ox, we will still get a decent price even with his contract situation. He isn't better than Wilshere or Ramsey and I think it's time to move him on. He has had about 5 good performances in the 6 years he has been here.

1 minute ago, Chaaay AFC said:

I'd happily take £25m for Ox, we will still get a decent price even with his contract situation. He isn't better than Wilshere or Ramsey and I think it's time to move him on. He has had about 5 good performances in the 6 years he has been here.

It's his versatility that is tempting. Decent squad filler at best. 

I wouldn't want us to pay anything more than £15m all things considered. 

9 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

It's his versatility that is tempting. Decent squad filler at best. 

I wouldn't want us to pay anything more than £15m all things considered. 

He isn't that versatile, he is absolutely garbage on the wing. Decent central midfielder but not that great. Maybe another manager will unlock him to be something spectaular because Wenger hasn't progressed anyone in years, but from what I've seen not for me. He will easily fetch over £20m though, English players like him with "potential" will always have someone taking a chance. I mean even Berahino went for like £12m and didn't he only have 6 months left?

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Would be a class signing for them, a real student of Pep Guadiola and someone who's already fluent with the English game.

It's time for him to decide whether he wants to play under Guardiola at City or with Pedro at Chelsea.

Think he'll go PSG myself. 

12 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

He isn't that versatile, he is absolutely garbage on the wing. Decent central midfielder but not that great. Maybe another manager will unlock him to be something spectaular because Wenger hasn't progressed anyone in years, but from what I've seen not for me. He will easily fetch over £20m though, English players like him with "potential" will always have someone taking a chance. I mean even Berahino went for like £12m and didn't he only have 6 months left?

So you are saying that a player who only has one year left on his contract, that is only 'decent' in CM but 'garbage' on the wing, would fetch over £20m? 

Is that what you're saying?

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

So you are saying that a player who only has one year left on his contract, that is only 'decent' in CM but 'garbage' on the wing, would fetch over £20m? 

Is that what you're saying?

Yes, he is English and still has the 'potential' tag. Prem clubs are always desperate for 'good' English players, I'm not saying his is worth that amount, but I wouldn't be surprised to see someone pay it. 

2 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Yes, he is English and still has the 'potential' tag. Prem clubs are always desperate for 'good' English players, I'm not saying his is worth that amount, but I wouldn't be surprised to see someone pay it. 

I'd say he's past the potential stage by now to be fair. 

And you said he was decent to garbage, not good :whistling:

9 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

He would, he's English therefore gets creamed about. You and I both know that anything over £15,000,000 would be ridiculous for AOC but given his nationality and "potential" that somehow still exists I wouldn't be surprised to see someone pay up.

Manchester City would be a prime suspect, bin off Delph and replace him with Ox.

If he had longer on his contract I'd agree but I can't see anyone paying £25m for a player that they could get for free this time next year. Another 6 months and he can negotiate with other clubs. 

Can i just reiterate as well that I don't want us to sign him! He's a squad filler at best. I just find it amazing that Arsenal have yet again let this situation arise. No wonder everyone bar Wenger wants to leave. 

AOC would be a good signing for Liverpool. Can, Gini and Henderson are all too similar in that midfield (aside from Gini making late runs into the box) and if played centrally Ox would offer a drive from midfield. 

He could also play wide left and right when Coutinho leaves/an injury to others. 

13 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Linked with Morata again. 

Our board would of failed massively if Sanchez moves to another English club. Stated himself he wants to stay in London but for a winning team. 

You'll only get Sanchez if Hazard fucks off.

6 minutes ago, Storts said:

Heard strong rumours Hazard is going to Madrid

Not nearly as strong as Kane and Alli to Real. 

With all these Real rumors, we'd both be lucky to even have a team for next season. 

11 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Fixed 

Costa is as good as gone.

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Not nearly as strong as Kane and Alli to Real. 

With all these Real rumors, we'd both be lucky to even have a team for next season. 

Costa is as good as gone.

Costa has been gone since January. I told you that at the time but you said it was all paper talk. You even used Costa giving the crowd a shhhh sign as a reference. 

I dont know why your worried about losing Hazard anyway, it was always going to happen at some point. I'm sure Chelsea have the financial clout to replace him adequately. 

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Costa has been gone since January. I told you that at the time but you said it was all paper talk. You even used Costa giving the crowd a shhhh sign as a reference. 

I dont know why your worried about losing Hazard anyway, it was always going to happen at some point. I'm sure Chelsea have the financial clout to replace him adequately. 

Because it was paper talk. There is still nothing concrete.  He's a streaky player. Always fades in the second half of the season, even since Atletico. But its clear he's never been settled in London from the getco. 

Hazard will move on at some point, just not next year. 

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Because it was paper talk. There is still nothing concrete.  He's a streaky player. Always fades in the second half of the season, even since Atletico. But its clear he's never been settled in London from the getco. 

Hazard will move on at some point, just not next year. 

How do you know that?

According to reports it could be this year. 

6 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

How do you know that?

According to reports it could be this year. 

And according to the club, it's unlikely.  His family is deeply settled and love life in London. The club has continuously stated that they won't sell him, not to mention they are in the works of a new contract. And to be completely honest, I'll believe club statements over rubbish the sun, metro, and daily star print out. 

• The title was changed to Transfer Rumours 2017
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived