• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Rumours 2017

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
9 hours ago, Cicero said:

Apparently Courtois was injured from shooting a basketball commercial. 

9 hours ago, Cicero said:

Wrong thread 

so what you're saying is there are rumours Courtois will transfer to basketball?

20 hours ago, Dan said:

Can't see where AOC fits at Liverpool.

If you spent £35mil on him and didn't put some real investment in that defence then I'd be very annoyed if I was a Liverpool fan.

I think we'll primarily use him as a CM in the mould of Lallana and Wijnaldum. Both were fairly average wingers like him but have become two of our most important players in their new position and AOC's shown he can play there in the past.

Because of his versatility, though, he'll be able to fill in for any of the front 3 if necessary.

It's not a major signing, but depth is a major issue for us, so this should help us bigly.

I think there is a far greater chance of Chamberlain flopping then excelling at Liverpool. Although Arsenal have failed to get the best of a lot of players, at least some have shown a consistent spell of promise unlike Chamberlain. He is one of the biggest confidence players out there and it ain't hard for him to lose confidence quickly. I think if he stays here even with a change of manager, he will be a player will look at in two years and question why we are paying him over 100k p/w because that's what he is going to be after.

• Subscriber
48 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Wouldn't be surprised if this is true considering we were sniffing around him in the summer. Considering that he's probably going to be relegated from the Premier League with Swansea I'd hoped that this would be a cheaper deal than it seems though, the £140,000 a week is standard for players of his quality but £30,000,000?! That part seems excessive. 

Aye, you could get Sissoko for that :ph34r:

I think the transfer fee is fairly reasonable these days but the wages are nonsense.

140k is the standard for players of his quality? We don't pay a single player in our squad that much money, and Gylfi was a back up for us. 

50 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Wouldn't be surprised if this is true considering we were sniffing around him in the summer. Considering that he's probably going to be relegated from the Premier League with Swansea I'd hoped that this would be a cheaper deal than it seems though, the £140,000 a week is standard for players of his quality but £30,000,000?! That part seems excessive. 

Don't really give a shit about money paid in all honesty mate, it's not coming out of my pocket. 

All I'm interested in is signing good players, which he is one. 

You should care though, because it sets a precedent and can lead quickly to unrest among other players. It would be an absolutely farcical amount and does seem made up to me. Spurs should be an example to a club like Everton, they've built themselves into a competitive position through sensible investment and have not broken the bank for anyone, if Everton start off with stupid money like this then I fear for them.

4 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

You should care though, because it sets a precedent and can lead quickly to unrest among other players. It would be an absolutely farcical amount and does seem made up to me. Spurs should be an example to a club like Everton, they've built themselves into a competitive position through sensible investment and have not broken the bank for anyone, if Everton start off with stupid money like this then I fear for them.

Then they can leave. 

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Storts said:

I think the transfer fee is fairly reasonable these days but the wages are nonsense.

140k is the standard for players of his quality? We don't pay a single player in our squad that much money, and Gylfi was a back up for us. 

is it still true that your highest earner is still only on about £70k/w? Or has that been breached? 

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

is it still true that your highest earner is still only on about £70k/w? Or has that been breached? 

No, that's not true, Kane is on about 120-130k a week now, think Lloris is probably over 100k and I'm sure Alli will be in the next year or two, but our wage bill is still 6th by a big distance, so much smaller than Arsenal, Liverpool, City, United and Chelsea. It's remarkable we are where we are

6 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

The problem with those tactics is you have an extremely unhappy player because it's as clear as day that Lukaku wants to leave. 

Whats he got left on his contract again?

He's got 2 years left. 

He's certainly not playing like a player who is unhappy and I've no doubt he'd do the same next season if he was to stay around. 

Puts pressure back into Lukaku and Raiola as well. No one is buying him for that price (as stated, that's the point) so sign the contract and accept a lower release clause. 

18 minutes ago, HK85 said:

He's got 2 years left. 

He's certainly not playing like a player who is unhappy and I've no doubt he'd do the same next season if he was to stay around. 

Puts pressure back into Lukaku and Raiola as well. No one is buying him for that price (as stated, that's the point) so sign the contract and accept a lower release clause. 

Hmmm it's a risky strategy with only 2 years left. If bids of £60-£70m are being rejected he could start throwing his toys out of the pram, transfer requests being handed in et al Torres style. He could also refuse to sign a new contract which then sees him running into the last year of his current deal and then Everton will lose out big time financially. 

This is all hindsight of course! He may well just sign another contract and keep his head down but all the noises he's been making implies to me that he's desperate to play CL football?

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

This is all hindsight of course! He may well just sign another contract and keep his head down but all the noises he's been making implies to me that he's desperate to play CL football?

He's told the club and Koeman himself that he won't sign a new contract because he wants CL football asap. That's why I don't think he'll be willing to 'sit it out' here and wait for the contract to run down even more. 

His agent will be pushing hard this summer like he always does and I still think they'll get the move he wants this window. £100 million is just for show, statement to say we'll sell on our terms not the players or buyers. 

7 minutes ago, HK85 said:

He's told the club and Koeman himself that he won't sign a new contract because he wants CL football asap. That's why I don't think he'll be willing to 'sit it out' here and wait for the contract to run down even more. 

His agent will be pushing hard this summer like he always does and I still think they'll get the move he wants this window. £100 million is just for show, statement to say we'll sell on our terms not the players or buyers. 

Yeah I can see the stance the club is taking but everyone and his mother knows Lukaku is leaving and for nowhere near £100m so it's a pretty pointless statement. 

Negotiations will probably go something like this:

£40m for Lukaku?

£100m!

£50m?

£90m!

£60m or get yourself felt?

DONE!

• Administrator
2 hours ago, HK85 said:

Maybe not. 

Everton have slapped a world-record £100m price tag on wantaway striker Romelu Lukaku.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-want-100m-romelu-lukaku-12903927

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Lukaku is a great goal scorer but he has far too many holes in his overall  game to fetch anything near £100m. 

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

£100m for Lukaku? xD

You couldn't write it to be honest. I really really hope Everton get that to he honest. 

pretty sure this is just to deter clubs from making offers for him as opposed to actually valuing him at £100m?

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

pretty sure this is just to deter clubs from making offers for him as opposed to actually valuing him at £100m?

We've established that Stan if you read the comments xD

He only has 2 years remaining on his current deal and he's told the club he's not signing another which basically means Everton have to sell him this window to get maximum financial profit. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

We've established that Stan if you read the comments xD

i should stop coming on here at work xD. Jumped the gun a bit haha

13 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Yeah I can see the stance the club is taking but everyone and his mother knows Lukaku is leaving and for nowhere near £100m so it's a pretty pointless statement. 

Negotiations will probably go something like this:

£40m for Lukaku?

£100m!

£50m?

£90m!

£60m or get yourself felt?

DONE!

It'll be closer to 100 than what we sold Stones for. 

• The title was changed to Transfer Rumours 2017
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived