talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Rumours 2017

6 minutes ago, HK85 said:

It'll be closer to 100 than what we sold Stones for. 

Mate nobody is paying close to £100m for Lukaku. The problem Everton have is the 2 year thing because as you say, he's going and he won't sign a new deal, but if you don't sell him this window then his value starts going down rapidly. 

Lukaku and his agent hold all the cards here mate, not Everton. 

The best chance you've got is if you get a bidding war going but I don't see anyone other than Chelsea being silly enough to pay north of £60m? In fact even Chelsea might not want him as he hardly fits in with Conte's style of play. So in actuall fact you might not have any seriously interested buyers at the prices quoted. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Mate nobody is paying close to £100m for Lukaku. The problem Everton have is the 2 year thing because as you say, he's going and he won't sign a new deal, but if you don't sell him this window then his value starts going down rapidly. 

Lukaku and his agent hold all the cards here mate, not Everton. 

Offers of £70 million were laughed at the summer gone and he's now the leagues top goalscorer. It'll take more this one to buy him but I agree, it won't be 100. 

I don't see how they do. He is contracted to us for another 2 years, has no release clause, they both know we sell well and they also know that selling a star player isn't as important as it once was now Moshiri is here. 

10 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Offers of £70 million were laughed at the summer gone and he's now the leagues top goalscorer. It'll take more this one to buy him but I agree, it won't be 100. 

I don't see how they do. He is contracted to us for another 2 years, has no release clause, they both know we sell well and they also know that selling a star player isn't as important as it once was now Moshiri is here. 

As I said above, I can't even think of a club that would be interested in buying him, especially for prices of £60-£70m? So it may turn out that he is forced to stay because there are no seriously interested buyers. 

Maybe Arsenal may have a nibble with the money from Sanchez & Ozil but they aren't renowned for paying massive fees and they also might not have CL football to offer? 

City and Spurs don't need him, United have other targets, he's obviously not coming to us and nobody abroad is paying that kind of money for a player that offers goals but little else. That leaves Chelsea but as I said, he hardly fits into the style Conte plays. Sanchez is more likely than Lukaku in my opinion. 

• Subscriber

£140k a week for Sigurdsson would be utter, utter lunacy. I am genuinely amazed people don't see the fundamental issue with over-paying players even in this current market.

1 minute ago, Dan said:

Yeah it is funny how Hart has become overrated again just because Bravo's flopped, even though Hart has struggled at Torino by all accounts.

I just think think it's a waste of vital time and money replacing Migs with Hart when there's not a lot between the two. 

If we are to replace Migs then it should be with a younger, significant upgrade. 

• Subscriber
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

I just think think it's a waste of vital time and money replacing Migs with Hart when there's not a lot between the two. 

If we are to replace Migs then it should be with a younger, significant upgrade. 

Pickford?

I'm convinced a big club will come in for Schmeichel too.

13 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Yeah, i want him to replace Romero in our NT right away and i know he'll be heading a big club within two years at the most.

What was the deal with Rulli? He was loaned to Sociedad by Estudiantes but he wasn't really loaned he was bought by Sociedad, sold to ManCity loaned back to Sociedad and promptly bought by Sociedad again. 

6 hours ago, Spike said:

What was the deal with Rulli? He was loaned to Sociedad by Estudiantes but he wasn't really loaned he was bought by Sociedad, sold to ManCity loaned back to Sociedad and promptly bought by Sociedad again. 

I think, as with various Latin American players these days, his image was part owned by various companies and that made signing him properly complicated.

Neymar is a very famous case in all of those shenanigans.

35 minutes ago, Cicero said:

@SirBalon How reliable is this bloke? 

I think we all know about him rather well. He was loved by the Juve fans that's for sure. Although with Higuaín I bet they're happier now.

I don't know how consistent he is because through injuries and the fact at Real he's never been first choice (idiot for returning) and hasn't had a whole run of games. But what he is without a doubt is a big game striker. He seems to score the the games that matter which is something extremely important for the clubs competing for honours. 

I like him a lot and wanted him at Arsenal. 

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I think we all know about him rather well. He was loved by the Juve fans that's for sure. Although with Higuaín I bet they're happier now.

I don't know how consistent he is because through injuries and the fact at Real he's never been first choice (idiot for returning) and hasn't had a whole run of games. But what he is without a doubt is a big game striker. He seems to score the the games that matter which is something extremely important for the clubs competing for honours. 

Mate, the journalist xD

• Administrator
50 minutes ago, Cicero said:

@SirBalon How reliable is this bloke? 

12 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

9 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Mate, the journalist xD

superb xDxDxD 

15 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

I agree.

We need a replacement but Hart is not the answer.

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Mate, the journalist xD

:rofl:

In my defence to be honest the link didn't show up on my phone hahaha.

I don't know this journalist 'Diego Castro'.  There are way too many journalists and I'm sure his sources are others from the main field.  Be it as it may, the "rumours" Morata may be leaving aren't really rumours at all because he himself hasn't helped the situation to put water on the fire where this is concerened.  Infact he's added fuel to the whole thing and if he wants a proper football career, then he has to move.

I've already told about how much Antonio Conte believes in him and the feelings are reciprocate on Morata's part.  If he leaves it will be to the Premier League and I do believe the rumours surrounding him going to Chelsea and it being almost done.

• The title was changed to Transfer Rumours 2017
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived