talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

12 hours ago, Cicero said:

Christensen has signed a new four and a half year deal with the club. 

Fantastic news. Now to get Hazard and Courtois tied down. 

Agreed Christensen deserved an extension he proved he could do a good job. Obviously still time to improve as he is still only 21. The average age of our squad has decreased and refreshing the team is always good.

Everyone's favourite Chelsea side over the last decade or so?

I generally find Chelsea to be boring to watch but I did like watching that Malouda/Drogba/Anelka front 3 with Lampard in there too. That goal against Bolton was one of the best Chelsea have scored

Chelsea 04-06 for me. In terms of talent and structure,  bar none our best. Wish Hazard and Zola could of been apart of that side given their talent 

2 league titles and a league cup. And I still think that team under achieved. 

Edited by Cicero

23 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Chelsea 04-06 for me. In terms of talent and structure,  bar none our best. Wish Hazard and Zola could of been apart of that side given their talent 

2 league titles and a league cup. And I still think that team under achieved. 

I was referring to post Mourinho times

I am afraid last nights performance from both the players and the manager leaves me without much doubt that our problems are becoming larger as we go through the season.

Morata: I am certain he isnt a center forward. Far too slight n rarely out battles the CH's up against him. I would go so far to say we sold Tarzan in Costa and signed Jane in Morata.  I am not sure if any of you took note of him running up the left hand side touchline in the end half, refusing to use his left foot till his right put the ball out of play. I just can see what he is going to do to lose the ball each time. I think he could play off a big man and would have formed a great partnership with Costa had he still been around. We need at least two more forwards.

Anyone else think Hazard is carrying an Injury? If he isnt, this playing him the middle needs to stop.

I could write so much more but its just fuel for others.

What's frusturating is that spending 80 million on Sanchez and Sandro would actually improve our team 2x. Yet our board are only contempt with signing Drinkwater and Bakayoko for 80 million. 

It's not how much you spend, but who you spend it on 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Cicero said:

What's frusturating is that spending 80 million on Sanchez and Sandro would actually improve our team 2x. Yet our board are only contempt with signing Drinkwater and Bakayoko for 80 million. 

It's not how much you spend, but who you spend it on 

South America, Mexico and The Netherlands has some real talent that you can get cheap.

I agree with you as Barcelona proved with Mina. 

Actually a bit of a story. I was on another forum and with all the Peruvians going to the Liga MX, many people are saying that they are getting these players on a cheap fee and they play just as well as the locals.

The football world is big and you can get free players that play quality football anywhere, but there is so much discrimination. How do we know if India doesn't have a good U20 player that did well in a tournament if the scouts are only ever bothered with Europe and Brazil/Argentina?

• Subscriber

While I commented on you lot moaning about all your players the other week in jest, Chelsea are starting to look pretty poor by their standards. Having nobody anywhere near good enough to deputise for Hazard is the biggest problem for me, Morata is out of form but will come good.

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

From Conte's press today. You could tell he is absolutely irritated with our board. 

Also commented about his future, which continues to hint towards him leaving come at the end of the season. 

I am not fussed over Conte staying or leaving at the end of the season. The club have proved for almost two decades now, dont matter who steers the ship, Chelsea win.

I am of the mind Conte will need to be pushed rather than leave under his own steam as signing a contract for more money without added years means the guy wants the money.

Also, he is starting to be far more open with the media, almost baiting the club. There was no reason to state we was in for the Southampton CH without adding why we didnt sign him. We would never have paid more than 40M for a player who would take his turn on our bench more than start. He should have said once the price got to where it ended there was no value to us for a squad player.

While I was pissed enough with Costa to be happy to see the back of him AND happy Conte showed strength, it's obvious the board looked upon the event as a manager unable to handle a difficult player, one who we have moved on which has hurts us. I believe the club would have sided with the player had there not been a title brought home.

Lastly, I would say Conte has suffered from the unbelievably poor decisions of the previous manager. Jose allowed so many players to leave, young players the club had brought to the club to nurture. To see all that hard work from the football operations dept come to fruition elsewhere in the PL is said to be one of the reasons Emenalo decided to move on. As ever, Jose was all about himself and a lesser club 3 years on would be in a terrible position given the amount of talent he allowed to leave.

It's my opinion the club want all transfer decisions to be taken away from the manager. We could hardly blame them.

On a coaching standpoint, Conte has been the best we've had in recent memory. Mourinho had absolutely quality players at his disposal 04-07.

As Luke mentioned, we are a well coached team. Not a great team. I'd like to see any manager in Europe do what Conte has done with these players in the space of 12 months. Instead of increasing the overall quality of the squad, the board are only contempt with selling players and replacing them with duds. Always a one out, one in approach. Never adding any quality in depth. Never strenghening after a title win. It's a damn cycle. 

A manager can only do so much with that mindset. Just delaying the inevitable.  

Edited by Cicero

1 minute ago, True Blue said:

Even tough we were poor attack wise in the past three, we lost one in the last 18 games and also undefeated in the last 10. The cry of our fans and the booing is pathetic spoiled to the root. 

Yea, I don't agree with the booing that does not solve anything or change anything.. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, True Blue said:

I mean i know you remember the old days Dad, our first league title and etc.

But this is a disgrace :ph34r:

First League Title??? I remember our first game... A 4-0 friendly win over Liverpool... 

The Horse and carriage was doomed as mode of transport after they introduced the Motor Car Act in 1903 and penalties for reckless driving.. The speed limit went up from 14mph to a top hat wobbling 20mph... 

• Haha 1