talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

6 hours ago, True Blue said:

With Kante out don't think he will. This has to happen against Spurs, bench Christensen and Michy. Start Tomori/Zouma and Giroud and that is pretty much it.

Watch it be a blessing in disguise. The Mount/Jorginho/Kovacic midfield was the best thing going for us until Lampard shoe horned Kante when he became fit. 

Speaking of Michy, needs to be the first to go in my books. Utterly bang average. It’s no surprise his highlights for us were only tap ins against Atletico, Ajax, and West Brom. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Watch it be a blessing in disguise. The Mount/Jorginho/Kovacic midfield was the best thing going for us until Lampard shoe horned Kante when he became fit. 

Speaking of Michy, needs to be the first to go in my books. Utterly bang average. It’s no surprise his highlights for us were only tap ins against Atletico, Ajax, and West Brom. 

Mount was excellent when he came on, with Kovačić by far our best midfielder this season. If he could add a few goals and assists he would be perfect. Obviously it is not his job but overall i'd like midfielders who bang in goals like Ruben. Ruben could be an incredible boost for us, just don't force him for the love of God. Bats is super poor needs ten clear chances to score think his time at the Bridge is done, no more loans sell him. Giroud should start in the absence of Tammy, think that Lampard had to see that against United. Unlucky to be offside, plus had a great ball for Kovačić in a few minutes.

As we stand there is no managerial footballing evidence for Frank to keep his job next season. Yes there are a number of reasons why he should be allowed a second, but nothing he has added through his performance. Another home defeat to a poor side with a lacklustre performance in the final third of the pitch just adds more weight to those questioning if he will ever prove his worth.

Last nights game reminded me of Tom Henning Øvrebø. If you have to look him up, you are not a real Chelsea fan. Does not help this morning having former officials stating there should have been sending offs and goals stand which were ruled out. It is what it is, we was beat again by a pile of shit.

I have been saying all season long, Frank puts out starting elevens with far too many passengers. The biggest of which is Jorginho, We may as well play with 10 men. FUCKING USELESS CUNT! Broke his record of passing the ball off the pitch last night, took 1min n a few seconds! Only now, 1 and ¾ seasons in are pundits seeing the truth with him and even ChelseaTV, who never say a bad word about any of the players highlighted his faults last night.I am told he is the only midfielder to start in all the home defeats to West Ham Southampton Bournemouth and now Utd.  If we are going to play Kante out of position, sell him. It’s that easy. Christensen is not a EPL central defender, never was and has lived up to everything I said of him. Why does Frank keep starting Pedro, but wont entertain Giroud until he ran out of players? The most frustrating thing is there is a good team in our squad which we have seen from time to time and I agree with Glenn Hoddle, of all the chasing pack, we have the nucleus a truly cracking team. This morning I ask, is Frank the man to bring us to fruition?

Much like Sarri, I am willing to give the same benefit of the doubt with Lampard. The squad is filled with an abundance of average/poor quality. 

Just look at that front three last night. Look at the LB situation. Look at our CB situation. 

There are several things to blame Lampard on but no matter who comes in, we will still be complaining unless there is a massive overhaul. 

Our fans will never be pleased without titles and top three every season. Snowflakes are used to no worse, i am willing to give Lampard time as he can't do wonders with this team. Only thing i dislike is that there are too many rotations, playing different CB's every other game, the midfield changes every week and our attack apart from Tammy is just not good enough. Zouma and Tomori are light years ahead of Christensen who unfortunately isn't good enough for a team that plays in the UCL. He proved it many times before and he keeps proving it. Hope he and Michy are the first through the door during the summer transfer window, just poor players for this level. 

So Frank plays his 3 at the back trick again and it comes up trumps against a very weakened Spurs side. I have often said Alonso is only worthy when we play this formation and yet again he comes up with the goods. However, the playing of both Mount and Barkley in very narrow midfield positions made up for having the complete waste of a Chelsea shirt, Jorginho. The two youngsters got through a huge amount of work and it was nice to hear the manager give them both plenty of praise. For most of the game we were 4 against 3 in midfield which closed out alot of Spurs trying to hit on the break. Of course we must also thank Jose, who for the 2nd game running against us left out his best player.

Giroud got a huge cheer both before the game when his name was read out and when he came off. As much as we have loved having one of our own lead the line this season, there is no doubt in my mind Giroud should have started games as far back as early days of December.

Another benefit of playing three at the back is it makes Christensen look safer, pretty much as it did when Luiz played that role in the middle of the three. Now I am not saying he is now a player, but I think he benefits having two players alongside him in the middle. With the manager praising his form this season before the game in his presser, it looks as thou he is here to stay. The two guys who started the season in the middle of our defence must be scratching their heads and wondering if its going to be loans again next season?

Great result and a much needed 3 points. I am looking at Leicester rather than the teams behind us mainly because they are all as weak as we can be. Frank needs to be much better between now and the end of the season and I think we will be fine. Same formation till the end of the season? Who knows how his mind thinks!

Oh by the way, has the goalie gone for good?

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, The Liquidator said:

The two youngsters got through a huge amount of work and it was nice to hear the manager give them both plenty of praise. For most of the game we were 4 against 3 in midfield which closed out alot of Spurs trying to hit on the break. Of course we must also thank Jose, who for the 2nd game running against us left out his best player.

Barkley is 26?! Hardly a youngster

Who is our best player?

Mount was fantastic against Spurs and perhaps has benefited from the break. It's a shame he has been overused by Lampard so far this season but hopefully, he'll get more rest in the remainder of the campaign to help get the best out of him. Some fans had started to get on his back but he has been carrying injuries and has played a lot of minutes for a player who gets through a lot of running. For me, he was our best player in the first half of the season, then he had a couple of months of bad form, will be interesting to see how he fairs in the remaining part of the season.

Sat with my fellow Chelsea regulars and witnessed what has been coming all season. Sometimes you have to hold your hands up and admit the opposition were just too good for our team. Without any doubt, Munich are on a different level to us, maybe as many as 2 or 3 levels.

The movement of their front 6 was outstanding. EVERYTHING our team does not have. Abundance pace and a centre forward who is at the top of his trade. Their defence was not tested and when we did escape their high line our forwards did not have the pace to even get a shot at goal. Mount is a number 10, not a player who is wasted outside. Their midfield players were so much easier over the ground and fully exposed our central positions. The manager main comment on our performance was our lack of knocking the ball about. We have done it well against the better sides in our own league, but last night Munich dominated the middle of the pitch allowing them to boss the game from the 1st min onwards.

We got spanked, but I really enjoyed the night. Our young players will learn more from that game than any of the group stage games and the older players exposed by Munich SHOULD leave the manager no doubt they need to be moved on. It was a pleasure to see a team play football at an elite level and not take their foot off the throats of the opposition for the entire 90mins. The only other team I have seen do that to us at Stamford Bridge this season was Leicester City for around 20-30 mins.

This allows the club to concentrate on the league, but to be brutally honest we need to improve if we are going to be a worthwhile entrant into the CL next season.

• Upvote 2

Willian stated last night out of his own mouth the club offered him a two year extension but he’s looking for 3. 

How on earth can we continue to accept such mediocrity? We just witnessed for all to see last night just how far off we are from the elite of Europe, and yet we want to offer Mr. 6 league goals a season an extension?

Jesus wept. :dam:

Edited by Cicero

Willian and Chelsea should have parted three years ago, hope they don't find an agreement. He did okay for us, but at his age he isn't getting better and i wouldn't even want him as a squad player. More than often he offers very little to nothing, he has his moments of brilliance once in fifteen games but that is not enough for his wages and the level of football being played. More or less he is dead wood at the club, but not only him but a few others as well. Don't think we will have a major overhaul this summer, but many need to leave it is simple as that.

17 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Willian and Chelsea should have parted three years ago, hope they don't find an agreement. He did okay for us, but at his age he isn't getting better and i wouldn't even want him as a squad player. More than often he offers very little to nothing, he has his moments of brilliance once in fifteen games but that is not enough for his wages and the level of football being played. More or less he is dead wood at the club, but not only him but a few others as well. Don't think we will have a major overhaul this summer, but many need to leave it is simple as that.

Bayern bring on Tolliso, Coutinho and Goretzka. 

We bring on two 32 year old past it wingers and an injured Tammy Abraham. 

The Club’s rationale: Give the 32 year old winger an extension. 

Edited by Cicero

29 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Alonso, Emerson,  Barkley, Pedro, Giroud, Willian, Batshuayi, Azpilicueta. 

Being cynical, you could probably shift all of these for starters, perhaps keeping Giroud and Azplicueta around for squad positions. 

As an outsider, I'd say that looks about right.

Honestly, I think only Giroud is worth keeping around as a squad player. Azpilicueta's not looked near the same player he used to be for well over a season now imo. The rest of them are just not the right standard for Chelsea, at least where they want to be.

38 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

As an outsider, I'd say that looks about right.

Honestly, I think only Giroud is worth keeping around as a squad player. Azpilicueta's not looked near the same player he used to be for well over a season now imo. The rest of them are just not the right standard for Chelsea, at least where they want to be.

Azpilicueta is still capable of a big performance as he has shown on a few occasions this season but ever since we moved to a more progressive playing style, he hasn't been as good as he once was.

Edited by carefreeluke

8 minutes ago, Dan said:

Why in gods name has Tomori totally fell out of the reckoning? I stand to win £350 if he goes to the Euros and around November time this looked nailed on. Inexplicably he's seemingly vanished?

Laughable really. Our best CB imo and has all the tools to be a success here. 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Laughable really. Our best CB imo and has all the tools to be a success here. 

It's fucking infuriating for admittedly very biased reasons, thought I'd totally beaten the bookies on this one and for seemingly no reason what so ever I'm going to lose after all. Incredibly unlucky.

I don't see how he gets in unless Southgate's a massive fan.

6 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

Alonso, Emerson,  Barkley, Pedro, Giroud, Willian, Batshuayi, Azpilicueta. 

Being cynical, you could probably shift all of these for starters, perhaps keeping Giroud and Azplicueta around for squad positions. 

Always keep Azpilicueta. Even if he is on the decline, he can play LB, RB, and CB. That is too valuable to simply let go.

9 hours ago, Dan said:

Why in gods name has Tomori totally fell out of the reckoning? I stand to win £350 if he goes to the Euros and around November time this looked nailed on. Inexplicably he's seemingly vanished?

Nothing to do with his performances mate which have been impressive especially considering it's his first season in the Premier League.  He had some injury problems when Rudiger was coming back into the fold and Lampard has preferred the Christensen and Rudiger pairing for the last couple of months. On performances alone this season, Zouma and Tomori have been our best centre backs. Maybe Lampard is trying to suss them all out for next season. I have always been a big fan of Christensen but have to admit for the most part I've been disappointed with his performances so far this season.