talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

17 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

If you believe that Chelsea don't have enough attacking options... then I think its your marbles you need to be looking for mate.

He's not saying that. 

We have Werner, Ziyech, Havertz, CHO, Pulisic and Mount, yet the only attacking game plan we see is ping it wide and cross. No variation and easily predictable. Its the very reason why only Giroud and James + Chilwell have excelled this season. 

9 minutes ago, Cicero said:

He's not saying that. 

We have Werner, Ziyech, Havertz, CHO, Pulisic and Mount, yet the only attacking game plan we see is ping it wide and cross. No variation and easily predictable. Its the very reason why only Giroud and James + Chilwell have excelled this season. 

He was saying the other day (think it was him) that Chelsea need to sign more attacking players. 

If it wasn't him it was bluewolf?

31 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

If you believe that Chelsea don't have enough attacking options... then I think its your marbles you need to be looking for mate.

that doesn't necessarily mean players. it could just mean that they keep doing the same thing on the pitch

To clarify, I said that we have players out on loan that would be better suited rotating with Havertz and Mount, players like Barkley, Gallagher, and even Loftus-Cheek at a push but it's probably better he's out on loan.

I never said sign attacking players. Havertz and Mount have been run into the ground a bit and the only thing Lampard has done to rest them has been to put Kovacic or Kanté in those positions but they don't fit as well. Then again if you're going to bypass them anyway and just get the ball wide every attack, I guess you could have anyone there in principle.

We have a lot of attacking variation on paper if you look at the players available but looking at the way Lampard's got us playing so far, it's very predictable and repetitive, switch play quickly, get the full-backs into crossing positions and put it in the box. Can we do something different? Go through the middle? More movement? Pick out a pass as @Ciceromentions? Get wingers involved? It's all a bit formulated and predictable at the moment.

Mount and Havertz are two of a good group of our players that have been mismanaged. We have had Mount and Havertz heavily involved on the ball at times this season and it coincided with some of the best football we've produced and we should be aiming to get them more involved again, whilst having the players I mentioned above as rotation options rather than someone like Kovacic for example. 

Edited by carefreeluke

Just now, Stan said:

Seriously, start him on Tuesday and he'll 100% score. It's just what we do. 

Would only be from the penalty spot. He's reached Morata levels now of confidence. Add Pulisic, Giroud, Tammy, Havetz, and Ziyech. All look a shambles. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Would only be from the penalty spot. He's reached Morata levels now of confidence. Add Pulisic, Giroud, Tammy, Havetz, and Ziyech. All look a shambles. 

Yeah but we love to oblige to players that are out of form. Penalty spot or not, we help players get back in to form. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yeah but we love to oblige to players that are out of form. Penalty spot or not, we help players get back in to form. 

A depleted Everton and Wolves side, Arsenal's B team, Aston Villa, and a 10 men Fulham side couldn't help get this team and manager back on form. 

Think you're fine. 

• Administrator
Just now, Cicero said:

A depleted Everton and Wolves side, Arsenal's B team, Aston Villa, and a 10 men Fulham side couldn't help get this team and manager back on form. 

Think you're fine. 

I don't think you get what I'm getting at. 

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

I don't think you get what I'm getting at. 

I do. 

Werner looked like a school boy against Arsenal's B team. He's looked consistently shit since early December. You have nothing to worry about on Tuesday. There are no positives signs within the team, hence my rant on why I much prefer a top performance vs a shallow victory. 

• Administrator
55 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I do. 

Werner looked like a school boy against Arsenal's B team. He's looked consistently shit since early December. You have nothing to worry about on Tuesday. There are no positives signs within the team, hence my rant on why I much prefer a top performance vs a shallow victory. 

No. What I was getting at is that we have a habit of gifting goals to players who have been very out of form. Regardless of who they play for or how they're scored. 

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

No. What I was getting at is that we have a habit of gifting goals to players who have been very out of form. Regardless of who they play for or how they're scored. 

Werner will still miss. :dash3:

Edited by Cicero

1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Nah some dumb bitch buys the players right? 

But it's okay, because Tifo football says shes a genius. xD

in a vacuum she does a pretty good job with the transfers, just not buying a set of players that compliment eachother. she isn't a scout, she is the deal maker, I imagine she is giving a list of players from the scouting team that has been approved by the board or something. There is no way it's as simple as the manager saying 'get me that bloke, ta'

Edited by Spike

It’s actually common knowledge Lampard had final say on every single signing this summer. The only exception was Mendy, as that was all Cech. Lampard and McLachlan have the most authority in that regard. 

Marina does well at what she does. Negotiate fees and finalises the deals. Nothing in her job description states she does anything else. She’s not a technical director. That’s been vacant since Emenalo left and only recently been filled by Cech. 

Edited by Cicero
  • Upvote 1

Right, I’m raging. Never done anything like this I was going to ring in to talkSPORT this morning but I’d have stuttered. Are Chelsea fans, and some football fans so fickle to see the reality of the situation were in!? We have had endless success since 2005, those days are gone!! Get used to it, we are in a period of transition that includes our youth academy products actually starting to integrate into the team for the first time since probably 1997, we have £220 million worth of players coming into that mix as well. I can guarantee nobody imagined Frank would have given us champions league football last season with that squad, no one. Can anyone honestly tell me that they expected us to challenge for the title this year?? 
it is going to take us at least another 6-12 months until this squad are capable of going on a good title challenge, had klopp, solskjaer worked miracles overnight? No is the answer. United have been in transition since fergie left!! Liverpool have been trying since the 80’s!!! Get a grip the lot of you asking questions of lampard and having unrealistic expectations, the man needs to be given his time, if it doesn’t click in 12 months time, then I’ll agree the job is above him, but until then, you people need to get real. 

• Upvote 3

Don't agree that nobody saw Chelsea getting top 4 last season, it was easily a top 4 squad. Who did they finish above? A Spurs side in complete turmoil after, Arsenal in an even worse state and a Leicester side punching above their weight. Far too much is made of the transfer ban, that Chelsea squad was very good and had finished comfortably top 4 under Sarri (even showing signs of a title challenge early on). Okay, Hazard was a big loss, I can accept that but the squad was still very good, Pulisic actually turned out to be a pretty decent replacement over the season.

Edited by The Artful Dodger
  • Upvote 1