talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

36 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Game of phases and thought we were unlucky not to find the winner at the end. 

It's clear we won't recover in the short term as well as the last time we finished mid table, but there are certainly some positives this preseason. 

I was surprised with the team we had, then to have Patterson and Alex Murphy come on, both should have scored but strange that with a couple weeks to kick off we didn't play more notable starters instead of academy players.

Pope is a massive step up on Dubravka who should have done better against Jackson, but has conceded 3 games in a row similar goals.   Darlow was also rubbish against Villa so seeing him and hopefully Dubravka go would be great.  Karius has been good and a competent back up and he is a likeable character.  Dubravka is hated because of his man United situation, he is beyond redeemable.

we must bring in another CB in my opinion more so than Livramento.

Strange. Thought we filled our knee injury quota for the season. Footballing gods demanding more blood I suppose. 

6 serious knee injuries in 2 years. 

Anyway Jackson has saved his Chelsea career by getting the 15 kit. Mudryk 10. Colwill 26. 

18 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

The same Boehly that actually came forward and reported these irregularities to UEFA/Premier League himself? I'm actually glad Clearlake have been seriously forensic in their accounting.

Much like UEFA's investigation, this news is about 12 months old. It is weird because I could of sworn this stuff was investigated back in 2019 when we received the transfer ban, as a lot of the financial discrepancies were made to the families of Christensen, Kakuta and Traore.

UEFA concluded their investigation with a fine so I'd imagine the Premier League would do the same unless they trace some financials to some grievous dealings.

Ok so.. 

Having seen us in pre-season I am convinced that Poch has managed to get some feel good factor back into the side... We are no-where near the finished article obviously and we have a lot of new faces and maybe a few more before the window closes.. I suspect that getting back into some European football is the minimum requirement for him this season if not pushing for a top 4 place.. 

Realistically I am prepared to write games off against City, Liverpool, Arsenal & Utd as they are in a better place than we are currently and would be be pleasantly surprised if we can get any kind of result against them.. 

Tough games would be against the likes of Brentford, Villa, Newcastle, Spurs & Brighton perhaps but not unwinnable.. and hopefully we are able to take points off the majority of remaining teams.. With the advantage of not playing European football in theory we should be well rested between games but that doesn't always help with runs of form.. 

If we can be pushing for top 6 I would be happy and if we can get top 4 even better.. A bit too early for that though I reckon but happy to be surprised.. 

7 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

Reports in Spain say season long loan no purchase option in deal.

Your going to need a backup for Sanchez, any chance of taking Henderson off our hands. £20m will do it.

Don't Madrid have a back up keeper then?? Course they do.. they can fuck off unless we are heavily incentivised or he will go on loan and we will be forced to get another keeper in for cover and then once that loan is over we will have 3 bloody keepers.. Apart from the wages coming off the books I don't see what's in it for us??