talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

I really feel for him. To get that nasty break at Leicester was bad enough.

Get a fresh move then pick up two niggly knee injuries at Chelsea to disrupt your new move was just unlucky but to go and get an ACL which rules you out best part of a season is just unreal. 

It's really important that players who go through this are looked after mental health wise because he must begin to start losing trust in his body.

It might well have done Levi Colwill a favour. Chelsea should really put their faith in him before it's too late and he walks.

On 17/07/2023 at 12:30, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think it makes sense getting rid of Ampadu considering his development was neglected and at this point it's better for all parties involved to have him get a permanent move elsewhere. Now he'll be at a club full time, they've got incentive to develop him the best they can. Chelsea get some cash for the work they put in developing him, to go along with those other loan fees and can look more to the future with their development plans with younger players.

I think it'll be much better for Chelsea in the long run to focus on properly developing players. Operating like a normal football club wasn't for Abramovich and his methods did work... but I'm not sure they're really sustainable long term. And Chelsea have a top tier academy - shifting focus to properly develop players into first team players for Chelsea should mean more players coming through with a pathway into the first team... and the players that don't make it at Chelsea probably will still remain just as profitable (if not moreso) when they eventually are sold.

To me it's the strangest thing about Chelsea's short-term focused planning. The Chelsea academy is actually great - it has been for a long time, it could have been used a lot better and then I think Abramovich's money may have been more efficient at bringing success to Chelsea... and it was already pretty fucking efficient.

Chelsea probably has the best academy in the UK. They’ve had seven or eight players on the last few England squads alone. Only two are still at the club,

Decent match against Brighton last night.... 

We did well to bounce back from an early goal down and after Brighton had a player sent off it was all us.. In all honesty we still have a lot to do defensively as that Pedro was causing all kinds of problems for our defence and they got back into it late on but not quite enough to draw level.. Brighton are a decent team and had much better of the play over the 90 minutes if I was honest but at the moment it's all about that feel good factor for us prior to the season kicking off and Poch will no doubt be juggling the team around trying to find his best 11.. 

Really liking Jackson, quick, knows where the goal is and unselfish play to allow others in where he can.. Sterling could learn a thing or two from him about team play..  

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

Jackson scored again tonight against Newcastle.   Starting CF, with Nkunku playing behind him.

I'm in an FPL Draft and people were wondering why I went for him ahead of other strikers. He's clinical and powerful, I think he'll hit 15+ goals this season.

Game of phases and thought we were unlucky not to find the winner at the end. 

It's clear we won't recover in the short term as well as the last time we finished mid table, but there are certainly some positives this preseason.