talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

• 2 weeks later...

Talk of getting Livramento back and loaning him out whilst utilising Chalobah as a back up RB and CB. Can only assume there are plans to use James in midfield given his durability isn't the greatest.  Considering this, as things stand I believe this is our team. (assuming certain transfers go through)

Kepa

Gusto Fofana Badiashile Chilwell

James  Caicedo  Enzo

Sterling           Nkunku

Jackson

Mamardashvili

Chalobah  Silva   Colwill  Cucurella

Santos Hall Carney

Madueke           Mudryk

Broja

Edited by Cicero

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

UEFA's report this morning has the club in good standing with regards to FFP for the 2019-2022 fiscal years. 2023 now begins onwards. 

Thank you United and Arsenal. 

Great news...

Meanwhile at other clubs... :ph34r:

Manchester United have been fined 300,000 euros (£257,000) by Uefa for a "minor" breach of Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules.

They were one of a number of clubs sanctioned by Uefa under FFP rules in place between 2019 and 2022.

United said they were "disappointed by the outcome".

However, they added the club accepted the fine "for what Uefa acknowledges to be a minor technical breach of its previous Financial Fair Play rules".

In explaining the reason for the punishment, United continued that "this reflected a change in the way that Uefa adjusted for Covid-19 losses during the 2022 reporting period, which allowed us to recognise only 15m euros of the 281m euros of revenues lost due to the pandemic within the FFP calculation".

Barcelona were also fined 500,000 euros (£428,000) by European football's governing body.

Uefa said the Spanish club was guilty in 2022 of "wrongly reporting ... profits on disposal of intangible assets (other than player transfers) which are not a relevant income under the regulations".

AC Milan, Besiktas, Inter Milan, Marseille, Monaco, Paris St-Germain and Roma were found to have complied with FFP rules in 2022 but Uefa said it "will continue monitoring their compliance with the settlement agreement during next season". Chelsea were singled out for an award for following the rules with no breaches. A Uefa spokesperson said "They are the exemplar and we need other clubs to follow suit" 

27 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

AC Milan, Besiktas, Inter Milan, Marseille, Monaco, Paris St-Germain and Roma were found to have complied with FFP rules in 2022 but Uefa said it "will continue monitoring their compliance with the settlement agreement during next season". Chelsea were singled out for an award for following the rules with no breaches. A Uefa spokesperson said "They are the exemplar and we need other clubs to follow suit" 

Somewhere @LFCMadLad is fuming. 

Edited by Cicero

2 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

So our US tour games are as follows... 

19th Wrexham

22nd Brighton

26th Newcastle

30th Fulham

3rd Dortmund

Is it just me or could we have not played these games over here rather than tromping all the way to the states.. xD

English fans don't matter

26 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Ampadu to Leeds £7m. 

Damn. Thought he'd be a decent bench option for DM. 

How much do you actually rate him though considering you've shipped him out the last 3 seasons on loan?

Just now, Lucas said:

How much do you actually rate him though considering you've shipped him out the last 3 seasons on loan?

Our handling of him has been disgraceful. We've shipped him off to whoever paid the highest loan fee instead of at a club that would actually develop him. He's a DM but has been played CB at Sheffield and at Venezia x2. And even then, he was still one of their stand out performers. 

He'd be a good replacement for Adams. 

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Our handling of him has been disgraceful. We've shipped him off to whoever paid the highest loan fee instead of at a club that would actually develop him. He's a DM but has been played CB at Sheffield and at Venezia x2. And even then, he was still one of their stand out performers. 

Sounds promising, he just needs a place to feel home by the sounds of it. £7m seems decent too for someone thats still got potential.

I did read earlier as flexible as he is, you'd see the best of him as a defensive mid like he plays for Wales, so hoping that's where he plays.

I'm also quietly hoping he plays alongside Adams but I guess he should slot in seemlessly if Adams does go.

23 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Sounds promising, he just needs a place to feel home by the sounds of it. £7m seems decent too for someone thats still got potential.

I did read earlier as flexible as he is, you'd see the best of him as a defensive mid like he plays for Wales, so hoping that's where he plays.

I'm also quietly hoping he plays alongside Adams but I guess he should slot in seemlessly if Adams does go.

Very good passing range. 

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

Doesn't that sort of go hand in hand with how Chelsea's academy has operated as a revenue source to fund high profile players? With the way the academy is built up to develop players well enough to get decent money for him, loaning him out to whoever pays the highest fee rather than concerning themselves with his development sort of fits right in with how that view of the role of the academy for the club.

29 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Doesn't that sort of go hand in hand with how Chelsea's academy has operated as a revenue source to fund high profile players? With the way the academy is built up to develop players well enough to get decent money for him, loaning him out to whoever pays the highest fee rather than concerning themselves with his development sort of fits right in with how that view of the role of the academy for the club.

As it was in the past. Thankfully our new recruitment team has a primary focus on developing these young players with the right moves vs simply hoarding up loan fees then selling for a profit. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

As it was in the past. Thankfully our new recruitment team has a primary focus on developing these young players with the right moves vs simply hoarding up loan fees then selling for a profit. 

I think it makes sense getting rid of Ampadu considering his development was neglected and at this point it's better for all parties involved to have him get a permanent move elsewhere. Now he'll be at a club full time, they've got incentive to develop him the best they can. Chelsea get some cash for the work they put in developing him, to go along with those other loan fees and can look more to the future with their development plans with younger players.

I think it'll be much better for Chelsea in the long run to focus on properly developing players. Operating like a normal football club wasn't for Abramovich and his methods did work... but I'm not sure they're really sustainable long term. And Chelsea have a top tier academy - shifting focus to properly develop players into first team players for Chelsea should mean more players coming through with a pathway into the first team... and the players that don't make it at Chelsea probably will still remain just as profitable (if not moreso) when they eventually are sold.

To me it's the strangest thing about Chelsea's short-term focused planning. The Chelsea academy is actually great - it has been for a long time, it could have been used a lot better and then I think Abramovich's money may have been more efficient at bringing success to Chelsea... and it was already pretty fucking efficient.