talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2020/21 Matches - Sunday 27th December, 2020

football forums

• Administrator

Sunday 27th December, 2020

1200px-Leeds_United_F.C._logo.svg.png Leeds vs Burnley Burnley_FC_badge.png - 12.00 - Live on Sky Sports

1200px-West_Ham_United_FC_logo.svg.png West Ham vs Brighton 1200px-Brighton_&_Hove_Albion_logo.svg.p - 14.15 - Live on Sky Sports

155.pngLiverpool vs West Brom 1200px-West_Bromwich_Albion.svg.png - 16.30 - Live on Sky Sports

1200px-Wolverhampton_Wanderers.svg.png Wolves vs Tottenhame6df9075f2a3dca8eda72d87d90cf4f6.jpg- 19.15 - Live on Sky Sports

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, Burnley. People will look at this game and think, "I fancy Leeds here".

I cannot wait to face those long balls, crosses and corners...Chris Wood will definitely score. They are just perfectly matched to expose our weakness at set pieces.

I can tell you now, we'll have between 65-70%, at least 20 attempts at goal, and we'll concede from a set piece. So we need to make sure we take any of the 'easy' chances we create to win.

Baring in mind they are a low block team, I think we'll struggle. 

All 3 Centre Backs injured. Llorente, Koch and Cooper. We have a Right back and a defensive midfielder there today. Not what you want against Burnley.

Whenever they have the chance, they will be launching that ball into our box for your Chris Wood's, Ashley Barnes's, Tarkowski's and Mee's. There eyes will light up at that prospect.

We just have to convert the chances we create because there's no clean sheet happening today, period.

Personally see it being a draw. Burnley's low block will frustrate us I think.

Thought that was a decent half from us. Chalk and cheese the way both sides play. We've cut them open on three occasions which has surprised me.

We definitely got away with the free kick on Meslier. Can't deny that. But we're due that luck.

We really should have been going in with at least 3 goals here. Missed some right chances, in particular Harrison having the whole goal to aim for and hitting Bamford. Raphinha has been a handful, really impressed with him.

Considering we've no recognised CB, Luke Ayling is giving Chris Wood a bloody great duel. Losing a massive advantage in height but those two aren't pulling back at all, proper good blood and thunder battle, full respect to Ayling because Wood is a handful.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Yeah this is harsh. Pope gets the ball. 

Hang on though, he's cleaned him right out xD

I can sympathise with Burnley being on the wrong end of the decision at the other end mind with Meslier though.

I'm chuffed with those three points.

Good first half, rubbish second, but we had to sacrifice our play and grind it out which was extremely satisfying given how panned we've been previously for being so gun-ho.

Burnley are a horrible team to play against and to get out of that with a clean sheet considering how many balls they hit into the box is pleasing.

It also importantly keeps Burnley 7pts away from us which is a nice bit of breathing space. 20pts from 15 games is a good return so far, I'm happy.

3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Keita out due to a 'fitness issue'

“Fitness issue” this is taking the piss now. 

Brighton are weirdly useless defending set pieces, which is especially weird as their back line is huge. Very poor to give that goal up. 

30 minutes ago, Stan said:

I did. He got the ball first and it's an acceptable tackle I think. 

Idk, he gets the ball first but he goes out of his way to take Bamford out just in case he’s missed the ball. Just strikes me as a keeper sort of trying to take advantage of the protection they receive. If a striker tries to take out a keeper like that, even getting the ball first... I think most referees would blow for a foul.

It looks like a decent tackle if you just freeze the frame, but looking at the video in full (real time or slow-mo), I think I agree with that being a penalty.

Anyways...

These smaller YNWAs are kind of cool. Although honestly part of it depresses me that covid is still going on.

Also gutted about Keita. It’s coming to a point where I think we’ve got to let him go to a less physical league and get a replacement in, for everyone’s benefit. We’ve got SO MANY injury prone players, we can only afford so many that can’t regularly contribute.

Archived