Wolves - WLLWD

Last 3 Meetings
15/12/2020 - Wolves 2-1 Chelsea
26/07/2020 - Chelsea 2-0 Wolves
14/09/2019 - Wolves 2-5 Chelsea

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tuchel expected to be announced today. Not sure if he'll be managing the team for this however. 

Mendy

Dave---Zouma---Silva---Chilwell

Gilmour----Mount

Ziyech-------------------------------------CHO

Havertz-----------

Tammy

21 hours ago, N U F C said:

Bet Wolves are fuming with the timing of the Lampard sacking, fully expect the new manager bounce to be in action here. Wolves look nothing like their best either.

3-0 Chelsea.

I think you might be ever so slightly overestimating Chelsea and underestimating Wolves.

Wolves haven't been great but at least they have Boly back now, they will go back to using the 3 centre backs with Coady and Saiss, as opposed to a flat back 4.

Granted Chelsea should have a bit of a buzz about them but I don't see it being that easy. I think Chelsea edge it 2-1.

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

I think you might be ever so slightly overestimating Chelsea and underestimating Wolves.

Wolves haven't been great but at least they have Boly back now, they will go back to using the 3 centre backs with Coady and Saiss, as opposed to a flat back 4.

Granted Chelsea should have a bit of a buzz about them but I don't see it being that easy. I think Chelsea edge it 2-1.

Time will tell mate.

Wolves' last couple of games have been a home defeat to West Brom and the FA Cup game with Chorley where they had one shot on target.

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Essentially why I prefer Gilmour over Jorginho/Kovacic. He and Mount are the only central midfielders that really transition the ball quickly. 

Game needs Pulisic. 

When they came to Chelsea, I thought Kovacic and Jorginho were meant to be progressive players, they really do nothing productive with the ball whatsoever. The centre backs aren’t helping either except maybe Silva who is at least looking to play a progressive pass.

The lack of movement really doesn’t help either mind.

2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

How we looking?? 

Missed the first half as I have just got back from work... 

Good start but struggling overall to do anything productive with the ball. Wolves happy to sit off and not press us because they probably know we have problems creating anything.

1 minute ago, carefreeluke said:

Good start but struggling overall to do anything productive with the ball. Wolves happy to sit off and not press us because they probably know we have problems creating anything.

Still early days I know but will be interesting to see how Tuchel goes about tactically changing things in games like this where we need a breakthrough... 

7 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

How we looking?? 

Missed the first half as I have just got back from work... 

Considering Tuchel has had only a training session, structurally we look pretty good. Front three and the midfield two need more urgency in their play. Expecting Pulisic and Werner both on at some point. 

Archived