• Administrator

Kick-off 20.00

Live on Sky Sports

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png      VS     everton.PNG

Recent Form
Man Utd - WDLWW
Everton - WLDWW

Last 3 Meetings
23/12/2020 - Everton 0-2 Man Utd (EFL Cup)
07/11/2020 - Everton 1-3 Man Utd
01/03/2020 - Everton 1-1 Man Utd

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Manchester vs Merseyside weekend again with the reds vs the blues from each city. Funny how often the fixture computer "randomly" throws out this combination of games so often. I wonder what the odds are because I'm sure it's nothing to do with major broadcasting companies being able to use it as a marketing strategy for their coverage :whistling:.

51 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Manchester vs Merseyside weekend again with the reds vs the blues from each city. Funny how often the fixture computer "randomly" throws out this combination of games so often. I wonder what the odds are because I'm sure it's nothing to do with major broadcasting companies being able to use it as a marketing strategy for their coverage :whistling:.

It happens every season doesn't it, one way or the otherxD

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

This one is a bit of a dilemma for Evertonians.

I'm not sure which one their favourite is?

Then again I'm not sure they know either?9_9

Didn't you just get really touchy in another thread for being called a WUM? :ph34r:

On a serious note, I honestly don't know where this comes from and can only conclude it's one of those accusations you lot make which has about as much grounding as when we say all Liverpool fans are Norwegian. Everton fans absolutely fucking hate Man Utd without any exception that I've ever come across. We hate Liverpool more though, so you've probably had many Blues rub your nose in it when you've lost a game or a title to them lot, so I assume that's where it comes from. My uncle and cousins support Man Utd and the two lads in particular are of that horrible brand of Man Utd fans who grew up knowing nothing but success and unilateral bragging rights over every other fanbase in school which also led them to believe that any time they disagreed with fans of other teams on footballing stuff that their opinion took precedence because their club is top of the table. Like if you argued that Everton's Wayne Rooney was a better player than Man Utd's Luke Chadwick, it would simply be a factual instance that you were wrong (until Wayne Rooney joined Man Utd and became literally the best player in the world overnight). My uncle isn't really like this at all, probably because Man Utd were shite in his formative years and he can even remember them getting relegated, but something about the combination of their success, their worldwide popularity, and the culture of entitlement (this isn't a criticism of him) forged by Alex Ferguson ended up breeding a pretty intolerable generation of Man Utd fans. It's funny though that that side of my family "hasn't really cared about football" or "couldn't be bothered watching the game" for the last five years but now seem to be able to provide a blow by blow account of the previous night's Newcastle-Fulham game whenever I see them this year. xD There's a lot riding on this Saturday's game though as it's one of my cousin's birthday on Tuesday and I can't be dealing with being on the losing side of the thinly-veiled inter-family aggression for the third time in about 2 months.

Anyway, I know this has become a bite now but I don't need a second invitation to express my distaste towards Man Utd and I can get a bit of Liverpool and Man City in there while I'm at it so keep reading. For the reasons lifted above, I said earlier this season that I almost (only almost) would rather have seen Liverpool win the league this season than Man Utd. The prospect of you lot winning the league seemed like the worst thing ever and I know loads of Liverpool fans but actually most of them are sound and you wouldn't know they've been waiting their whole lives to see Liverpool win the Premier League. If anything, it's actually worse now that you've become a bit shit again because after 18 months of "CHAMPIONS OF EVERYTHING LAA" I'm starting to see signs of a few of them falling back on old reliable "yeah well at least Everton are still shit and obsessed with us even though it's us bringing them into a conversation about Liverpool". For me personally, Liverpool's success is easier to ignore because I don't know too many really insufferable ones and none of those on here are really like that either whereas I still have to see my cousins all of the time and most of the other Man Utd fans in my age group are also way more insufferable than Liverpool.

Man City are the ones I have the least beef with. I don't have to put up with many Man City fans and I haven't got anything major against the actual footballing side of their club. I do, however, try to make a point of forcing myself to remember how utterly horrid their ownership is and how the football club is being used for "sports washing" or whatever the phrase is that got coined, so even if they end up winning the title again this season it isn't really a win for anyone either. In fact, I can happily admit that neutrals without a vested interest should quite happily see Man Utd or Liverpool stop Man City from winning the league because it's objectively better for football for clubs that have retained a shred of their identity to be successful than those plastic clubs backed by immoral regimes across the world. Yes, Man Utd and Liverpool both have foreign owners as well now but the human rights issues that Man City's owners are using the club to distract from are several levels further than that.

TL;DR: Everyone else can get fucked and I'd love nothing more than to do these tomorrow.

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Didn't you just get really touchy in another thread for being called a WUM? :ph34r:

xD Guilty as charged (this time) I'm still trying to figure out what's considered WUMing on here and what is just a bit of banter?:what:

My "attempt" was the latter.

Most of my blue mates can't stand manu either, they know they will probably get a rise out off us because they know we can't stand them more.

When I'm back over I usually watch our away games (if I can't get a ticket) at the 1st Edition near the Victoria monument. I watched our match against man utd there when I was last over in 2019 (jeez that seems like an eternity ago now) place was packed, I couldn't believe the racket when Rashford scored (especially with most of the ones cheering had Scouse accents) most left when Lallana scored the equalizer.

Sorry for the WUM and thanks for replying to it.

And fwiw I'd love nothing more than for yous to do them tomorrow too mate. :congrats:

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Fuck both of these clubs tbh. Hope a referee goes crazy and starts machetteing players 

Even if he literally kills 5 players from each team, you lot will still be adamant that you've got it worse with your injury crisis :ph34r:.

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Fuck both of these clubs tbh. Hope a referee goes crazy and starts machetteing players 

Just now, RandoEFC said:

Even if he literally kills 5 players from each team, you lot will still be adamant that you've got it worse with your injury crisis :ph34r:.

VAR still gets involved and sends off the wrong players no doubt. 

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Man City are the ones I have the least beef with. I don't have to put up with many Man City fans and I haven't got anything major against the actual footballing side of their club. I do, however, try to make a point of forcing myself to remember how utterly horrid their ownership is and how the football club is being used for "sports washing" or whatever the phrase is that got coined, so even if they end up winning the title again this season it isn't really a win for anyone either. I

Man City are a quandary to me, I used to have a bit of an affinity with them (enemy of my enemy and all that). Maybe its the same with all clubs but City fans fall into two distinct groups, the ones who stuck with the club through thick and thin and those who have jumped on the Sheiks bandwagon. Went to NYC a few years ago, we played City at Yankee stadium, we had a great afternoon in a bar near the stadium with a bunch of City fans, all Mancs, all long suffering, happy for them for their success after so many years since Lee, Bell, Summerby etc.

People think Scouser and Mancs don't get on well, we hit it off like a house on fire.:twothumbsup:

25 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Yeah but only because Virgil is worth more than both your teams combined :ph34r:

• The title was changed to Man Utd 3-3 Everton - Saturday 6th February, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived