• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leicester City 3-1 Liverpool - Saturday 13th February, 2021

football forums

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah he hardly played today it was just a 5 min substitute appearance after all, right?

Oh right, so he's rubbish after a lengthy substitute appearance?

Get a grip mate, anyone with an ounce can see the quality he brings. Just needs time and to be played in a settled side.

Hes far from rubbish.

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

Same for Mo Salah then

At least Mo’s performed almost everywhere he’s gone except Chelsea, but that’s because they sign players without knowing what to do with them.

Having Thiago is like having Xabi Alonso high on glue. It would be a lot better if he didn’t huff the glue.

thiago is a mad player but how does he work with klopp's intense system? he isn't an intense presser, he retains possession instead of being proactive, he isn't overly physical or athletic, he is a paring knife when you need a meat clever

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Oh right, so he's rubbish after a lengthy substitute appearance?

Get a grip mate, anyone with an ounce can see the quality he brings. Just needs time and to be played in a settled side.

Hes far from rubbish.

He’s rubbish because he’s hardly done anything in a red shirt and what we signed him for (unlocking defenses) is not what we get from him.

The Thiago thing is really frustrating. We obviously bought him as a bit of a luxury player which we could afford because we could line him up with the combative Fabinho and Henderson with our fullbacks stretching the pitch horizontally. But he came in and got covid, then looked great against Chelsea and Everton and then got injured for quite a long time. By the time he was back those two had been spending more time at centre half than anything else and he's trying to be the enforcer in a midfield with two of Wijnaldum, Jones, Milner, Shaqiri, Oxlade-Chamberlain. Outside of rare occasions when one of them is in the mood, that's a midfield devoid of both combativeness and creativity and it's a completely different situation to the one we bought him for.

That said, my stance on him hasn't changed. With his pedigree and ability, the above is no excuse for the lack of impact he's had

12 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He’s rubbish because he’s hardly done anything in a red shirt and what we signed him for (unlocking defenses) is not what we get from him.

I think he's far from being our worst player since he signed, and far from being rubbish. 

You will see the quality he brings when we have a settled side, instead of him currently trying to learn the way we play whilst playing in a makeshift team. You have to give him time, just like Robertson, Fabinho etc needed time. 

But hey, if you think he's rubbish then who are we to argue. 

7 minutes ago, Spike said:

thiago is a mad player but how does he work with klopp's intense system? he isn't an intense presser, he retains possession instead of being proactive, he isn't overly physical or athletic, he is a paring knife when you need a meat clever

Outside a handful of select games we haven't played an intense pressing system for at least 2 years now. When we struggled to break teams down last season it was in large part because we didn't have that precision in midfield when Keita was on the treatment table (read: always). Thiago would've been a perfect fit for that team

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I think he's far from being our worst player since he signed, and far from being rubbish. 

You will see the quality he brings when we have a settled side, instead of him currently trying to learn the way we play whilst playing in a makeshift team. 

But hey, if you think he's rubbish then who are we to argue. 

Lol you’re the one pissed off I have an opinion, as usual so maybe apply that last bit to yourself

Just now, Burning Gold said:

Outside a handful of select games we haven't played an intense pressing system for at least 2 years now. When we struggled to break teams down last season it was in large part because we didn't have that precision in midfield when Keita was on the treatment table (read: always). Thiago would've been a perfect fit for that team

Liverpool looks pretty intense to me but you'd know better watching more games.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Lol you’re the one pissed off I have an opinion, as usual so maybe apply that last bit to yourself

I'm not pissed off at all, just think you should afford a player some time before labelling him as rubbish, especially in the circumstances he's found himself learning in.

As usual I'm willing to give a player time, whereas some fill their nappy after 15 games.

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

I'm not pissed off at all, just think you should afford a player some time before labelling him as rubbish, especially in the circumstances he's found himself learning in.

As usual I'm willing to give a player time, whereas some fill their nappy after 15 games.

You fill your nappy if someone expresses a different opinion to you on an online forum mate, don’t act like you’re the bastion of maturity here.

4 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Fucking hell. Is anyone allowed an opinion on here anymore without people crying ffs xD

Fucking hell, is anyone allowed to dispute an opinion on here anymore without mods pipping up with comments like this?

Ok fuck it... Gonzo.. Thiago is rubbish. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

You fill your nappy if someone expresses a different opinion to you on an online forum mate, don’t act like you’re the bastion of maturity here.

I disagree with your opinion on Thiago and I've said so.

You are literally pulling me up on something and then doing the same thing.

All I did was disagree about Thiago and explained why. I then get shit for it?

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Fucking hell, is anyone allowed to dispute an opinion on here anymore without mods pipping up with comments like this?

Ok fuck it... Gonzo.. Thiago is rubbish. 

Oh fuck off. If it’s not an opinion you don’t agree with, you get all arsey with your responses. Your basically bitching like a little girl with the whole ‘oh well if Gonzo says so’. Well he does. He’s entitled to think he’s shite and you’re entitled to think the sun shines out of his arse. End of fucking story. The passive aggressive responses are boring as fuck.

Thiago has joined a club in a new league who are literally in turmoil, such difficult circumstances to play your best football. At his best you will have player who will provide numerous assists and key passes that most of your team wouldn't be able to do, currently he's a bit of a passenger but no one is playing that well for you

44 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

They're the sort of balls that Alisson comes out for all the time. It's a lack of communication or Kabak not used to what to expect from the keeper behind him. There's no way you can pin this fully on one or the other unless we know whether the keeper has called for it. We're not having this conversation if it's Matip or Fabinho in that situation. And that's not me trying to blame Kabak, it's just going to take him time

And it's still the keeper's responsibility to make sure it comes off, as Kabak had the ball covered. A confident Allison does not get caught in that situation

Archived