22/11/2020 - Liverpool 3-0 Leicester
26/12/2019 - Leicester 0-4 Liverpool
05/10/2019 - Liverpool 2-1 Leicester

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Not really looking forward to this with the shite form we're in.

I think you'll win. We seem to roll over against Liverpool under Rodgers, we've been comprehensively outplayed every time we've faced you. Add in we've just played midweek and you're likely to have one of your new defenders in - in turn strengthening your midfield too. Oh and Justin is almost certainly out too and he's been one of our best players for me. I think it's all set up for you to win personally. Would be delighted to be proven wrong.

• Administrator

I think we're in for a massive dicking, to be quite honest.

Firstly, Rodgers does seem to crumble against Liverpool.

Secondly, Liverpool are gonna be a million times more up for this surely given the hammering they got last week vs Man City. And, there'll be extra in their performance cos they'll want to do it for Klopp and what he's been through. They'll want to win (normally) but even more so for him. 

Thirdly, if we're missing Justin it's a big one - mainly because the back-up/alternative is injured. We'll have Ricardo on one flank and probably Luke Thomas on the left going up against Salah.

Having Ndidi back will be crucial, mind. We generally seem to play better when he plays. Blends well with Maddison and Tielemans in the middle.

Vardy needs service. Glad Barnes was rested last night as he'll be the main one to create for us after Maddison and Tielemans.

@Dr. Gonzo you may be out of form but in some of the games you might not have won, the chances have still been there for the front 3. One game they'll click and everything will fall for them because they clearly work hard. I feel that game could be Saturday...

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

Thanks guys.

I'll take any cheering up I can get right now.:twothumbsup:

I think this one falls at a better time for you than us personally even despite your issues. Also to factor in what I said before, just our general no-shows against Liverpool. It's Liverpool and Manchester United we never seem to turn up against.

There'll be a lot of talk about Vardy's record against Liverpool but he's actually not scored against Liverpool since 2017.

• Subscriber

It's not been 100% confirmed, but unfortunately, the same source that initially told me a couple of hours before it was public that Ricardo had done his ACL has told me that Justin has done the same, and will be out for 9 months.

A cruel, nasty blow if true. A huge hit for him in what's been a breakthrough season where he had a good chance of making the England squad, and a big hit for us who lose our 'plug' defender who plays anywhere.

I really really hope they're wrong this time.

• Administrator

What's the likelihood you'll have both new CBs playing, so that Henderson can come in to the midfield again, alongside Wijnaldum and Milner I guess? Or Henderson with one new CB, and Jones in the middle?

Still think you're strong enough to win. Losing Justin for this 1 game is bad enough, let alone for potentially months :( 

58 minutes ago, Stan said:

What's the likelihood you'll have both new CBs playing, so that Henderson can come in to the midfield again, alongside Wijnaldum and Milner I guess? Or Henderson with one new CB, and Jones in the middle?

Still think you're strong enough to win. Losing Justin for this 1 game is bad enough, let alone for potentially months :( 

I'd be shocked to see both of them start this one.

3 hours ago, Stan said:

With Fabinho out I’d say there’s a 0% chance they both start 

Not looking forward to this. With Fabinho out, it’s a certainty that Henderson will be put in the back line again and our midfield will again look light. 

I would throw the new guys in this, or at least Kabak next to Phillips. When we take Henderson out of the midfield, we may gain a fairly competent centre half but we lose a vital midfielder. I’m not happy with that trade. 

Not surprised by the Fabinho injury. He's played every minute of every game he's been available this season, missing only one or two. Obviously not sustainable especially this season

Excited to see what Kabak can do. Funny Rio Ferdinand is talking about this on TV now, but hopefully with a proper defender at the back again we'll be a bit braver going forward. I don't think it's a confidence thing like he says, but a safety thing because we're in trouble if we lose it. I think it'll take getting Henderson and Fabinho back in the midfield to get it back fully, but I want to see more

• The title was changed to Leicester City 3-1 Liverpool - Saturday 13th February, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived