talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Best Temporary Rivalries

football forum

23 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

He's one of the shittest. 

Cost you your first prem title, single handedly. And he's always been a player remembered fondly for the 2 mad goals he scored a season, or THAT 60 yard pass, that ended in a goal once, but found touch, or a defender, or was miscontrolled the 6 other times he did it that game. 
Cost England a spot in the 16 of the world cup
Cost you a cup
Threatened to leave for rivals to weasel more cash multiple times, then left anyway eventually to ruin his one club image for mula

Frank Lampards stats shat on Stevie Gs year in and out, and Lampard aged better too, to the point where Chelski let him go too soon TBH, but because Gerrard had "heart" he was always bafflingly the big man. 

I do think there's truth to Gerard having the yips at times tho I think that typified many of that golden generation to be honest. and by no means is he a flawless hero in the eyes of many Liverpool supporters. But he is loved because he was a brilliant footballer, had plenty of fight, because he stuck with the club even though he could have left, and because he was a big source of pride and joy in a pretty tough and depressing period of Liverpool history. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Harry said:

I do think there's truth to Gerard having the yips at times tho I think that typified many of that golden generation to be honest. and by no means is he a flawless hero in the eyes of many Liverpool supporters. But he is loved because he was a brilliant footballer, had plenty of fight, because he stuck with the club even though he could have left, and because he was a big source of pride and joy in a pretty tough and depressing period of Liverpool history. 

And because he twatted DJ’s for playing shit music. 

9 hours ago, Harry said:

A very fucking depressing period considering Gerrard is all they had to yell about 

• 3 weeks later...

Arsenal vs Barcelona during the Wenger/Pep era were short but with the utmost quality. 

Both 1st tie legs at the Emirates in 2010 and 2011 are still to this day the best games of football I’ve ever seen. 

• 4 months later...

Archived