Live on Sky Sports

1200px-Aston_Villa_FC_crest_(2016).svg.p       VS     image.png

Recent Form
Aston Villa - DWLWL
Leicester - DWWLD

Last 3 Meetings
18/10/2020 - Leicester 0-1 Aston Villa
09/03/2020 - Leicester 4-0 Aston Villa
28/01/2020 - Aston Villa 2-1 Leicester (EFL Cup)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I got told by a Villa mate who knows one of their ITKs that says he's out for 3 months, a recurrence of the injury he had in the Championship.

Think that's them out of European contention personally.

On 19/02/2021 at 21:54, Stan said:

This is big for Villa if the rumours of Grealish being out are true...

On 20/02/2021 at 03:42, Dan said:

I got told by a Villa mate who knows one of their ITKs that says he's out for 3 months, a recurrence of the injury he had in the Championship.

Looks like what you said is true. He's out for today at least. 

• Administrator

Big advantage if we can make the most of that. They're not a one man team by any means but it's like how teams feel when Vardy is out. Gotta make the most of that psychological advantage if anything. 

• Subscriber

Controlled it so far. Villa with a bit better of the last 10 minutes or so at the end but I've little doubt we'll win this. I'd get Vardy & Tielemans off if we get a 3rd early in the second half.

• Administrator
Just now, Machado said:

Are Leicester better away from home? They never seem to be losing away.

This season, massively. We've lost some stupid games at home which you'd not expect beforehand. Away from is quality though. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Machado said:

Are Leicester better away from home? They never seem to be losing away.

Easily. But most of the league is this season. More points have been picked up by away teams than home. There's obviously a tactical element but behind closed doors is the big contributing factor I think.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

This season, massively. We've lost some stupid games at home which you'd not expect beforehand. Away from is quality though. 

Shame there are no fans. Home is home but from personal experience winning away feels so much better, when you're there of course. There's probably a kick you get from the hostile atmosphere.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Machado said:

Shame there are no fans. Home is home but from personal experience winning away feels so much better, when you're there of course. There's probably a kick you get from the hostile atmosphere.

There's much more of a buzz away from home, for sure. 

• Subscriber

Good win. Made hard work of it and personally think Mendy for Maddison was a little negative, a little early, but it worked so I'm not complaining. Hope Maddison is OK. Gonna have to revise that England squad to get Barnes in there.

On 19/02/2021 at 19:42, Dan said:

Yeah he’s out for a while with shin splints. Which is actually pretty bad, likely to follow him throughout his career - probably caused from playing too much/bad running technique while his bones are still growing

It can be managed and surgery is an option, but it’s obviously not ideal for him.

Big win for Leicester though to at least put some pressure on City.

• The title was changed to Aston Villa 1-2 Leicester City - Sunday 21st February, 2021
  • Administrator

That game was won with the fast start and goals in the first half. 

Second half was a big grind and it obviously wasn't the plan to concede early. I think the plan was to see the game to the hour mark, and perhaps bring on Iheanacho for Vardy and see the game out that way. Definitely wasn't the plan to be hanging on so much by the end with their early 2nd half goal xD 

Must say though, despite that, we did defend well and ground out the win. We have managed these games much better than last season though - it might not be pretty but with all our injuries, I think we're doing ridiculously well in the circumstances.

Barnes has been one of the players of the season. Before this season, everyone could see how well he could be, now he's showing us what he can do on a more consistent and clinical basis. Everyone knew he had goals in him and he's getting them in various ways, which is a bit of a bonus.

• Subscriber

Both him and Maddison have massively stepped up. Vardy's got 1 goal in 2 months and we're still in form. That's very big in my opinion - we're delivering even without him in form. I've thought for a while the best way to alleviate his inevitable drop off is just others like those two getting more goals. Last season you always felt it was a bit too reliant on Vardy. I think we're a bit better this season personally.

Can't wait to get back in grounds. It's a team going places.

I know they scored but what else did Villa really do today? Tight scoreline but in reality, Leicester were extremely comfortable. They had gears in them if they wanted to.

Villa not only looked poor without Grealish's spark, but worryingly for them it seems to completely nullify the threat of Barkley and Watkins.

I'd be worried if I was them and Grealish is out for a while.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I know they scored but what else did Villa really do today? Tight scoreline but in reality, Leicester were extremely comfortable. They had gears in them if they wanted to.

Villa not only looked poor without Grealish's spark, but worryingly for them it seems to completely nullify the threat of Barkley and Watkins.

I'd be worried if I was them and Grealish is out for a while.

Villa mate of mine said they're just a team of 11 and if there's any suspensions/injuries, they really struggle. Says that they might have recruited well for first team positions (Watkins especially), but beyond that, they lack a lot. I think today epitomised that perfectly.

Kasper was barely tested, to be honest. But I still felt like we were under pressure possession-wise in 2nd half purely as they were chasing the equaliser. Perhaps a testament to our defence that Kasper remained untested.

• Subscriber

I think if we didn't have quite so many out and such a pig of a fixture list we'd have won that more like 1-4 or something today. First half was a stroll, second half I felt we retreated a little soon but it worked, really.

Having Soyuncu back is a blessing. Quality defender.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived