talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football Manager 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lost. Disappointed but not surprised. Saudi Arabia are good, though based off that showing I think they wont win the tournament. There's better.

Overall a respectable Asian Cup, and hope we can keep going forward.

c81c441d76225ee37ac5a6b906fd9040.png

An update. This is my best 11.

Um Sambath - The weak link in my team. He's just not a very good goalkeeper. He's what I have though. Gonna have to live with him until I get a good goalkeeper in my intake.

6c3fe51888ea0e895df26798624abc88.png

Meas Makara - Good left back but he's got every physical stat he needs except pace. That hinders him a little bit. Anyways, good player but not one of my best.

6dd4dba1f7e2f57d5dd8088d8310c72d.png

Men Khemarin - Been my best CB for the last 15 years. He's starting to get on but he's still got another 2 or 3 years in him.

ff54b6a123ca8359a1def88adb4dd70b.png

San Kakada - Was originally a right back before I had to use him centrally due to a lack of CB's in the intake. Im Daravron was getting on in age so it was time for someone new. I have another good right back so not a worry.

b248f518c3925400bc24f1bc1dfc7a9b.png

Heng Vannak - His pace is what makes the player. He's got balanced stats all around but his athleticism really helps him. A solid right back option.

62f8a2d917c62213dbf1f3291e8cc9d8.png

Ouch Sovan - My assistant doesn't rate him but I think he's a very good LW who's performances on the pitch are seen well and clear. An undisputed starter in my team.

a211e7463cdc8499e3e9f7fe524718df.png

Sreng Soksana - Good CM but not the best I could have. I actually have someone else in the youth ranks who is getting promoted next season. This guy though is a solid rotation choice though.

5c4de7a1dac84cc7bbed410982f03cc3.png

In Chandara - I've had better in the past, but he's solid enough for now. Got great mental stats and enough tackling to be able to use him as a BWM.

f5a7e0e25e54221ef7a4897d2c47f07f.png

Meas Sammang - Standing the test of time like a fine wine. 32 years old and still has his pace. Insane mentals for this level. Technicals are good enough where they need to be. Hopefully he can withstand 2 more years at least as an undisputed starter.

e350cf0037d135849b766399d37de373.png

Um Udom - My best player by far. He's starting to get on a bit but he was so important for many years and he's still doing wonders for my team.

bde8ed4b6b3cbc7784f7834f30c005c1.png

Luis Caro - My brightest prospect who is already scoring 30 a season. Pushing my team to another level where we stand more of a chance against the bigger Asian sides now. 

7649d94c319cb045a76a28e3f76e77d7.png

• Subscriber

I do think you'd do very well to get that side to a tournament to be honest. It's obviously good for Cambodia's level but its still a way off really. The Peruvian forward is obviously good.

The lack of good goalkeeper is a real shame for you. That would be imperative for you pinching some results.

94 points, beat PSG home and away, won all of my final 15 league games from February to the end of the season, but still couldn't beat PSG to the title :(

In other news, Mainz just beat Tottenham in the Europa League final xD I'm only 3 years into the game.

55 minutes ago, Dan said:

I do think you'd do very well to get that side to a tournament to be honest. It's obviously good for Cambodia's level but its still a way off really. The Peruvian forward is obviously good.

The lack of good goalkeeper is a real shame for you. That would be imperative for you pinching some results.

Absolutely, I need a golden generation of intakes for me to do anything here. My current generation is ending my past intakes have not been good enough (Luis Caro aside). However, I just got a good intake last year so hopefully that's the start of a few good players coming through.

Started with St Etienne.

Here is a few of my players.

Miguel Trauco - My compatriot and very solid left back. Especially on this FM where his pace is much higher than it really is! He'll definitely be a left back though. Had the idea of converting him to a centre midfielder. Nah, think I'll keep him where he is supposed to play.

5c2efd59310dba485215ce3bd03c134a.png

Wahbi Kazri - My highest valued player. Sunderland fans might recognize the name. One of my best for sure. How I'll use him is still up in the air though.

f28abf21a34129be6ca55482dc68735f.png

William Saliba - He's OK. He's only 18 but even at his age I've seen better. Still he's pretty much the best I've got in this role as it stands.

0a64fb7e5e36061fc5636329aa1a0020.png

Denis Bouanga - Weird I've not heard of this bloke, but he's quite good. Got some decent dribbling and pace.

8d720a85dab6360e9edce97d26161ef5.png

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

St Etienne didn't last long then. What happened?

Played pre-season then realized I'm not into that sort of short term save.

That might change again depending on how much Build Bright United continues to piss me off. I'm in conflict with myself.

Decided to be a bit more patient and take extreme measures to develop my players. Here are a few of them.

- Maxing out my training facilities (I'm at level 5. Should take me 3 or 4 more years to max it out)

- Hire the best coaches in the country. I've got about 8-10 now.

- Load some leagues in Europe. I've loaded Ukraine, Germany and Norway now as the AI is OP with development. That will hinder me as a club but help Cambodia as a nation.

Finished my first season. Won the league and the Leasing.com Trophy or whatever the fuck that thing was called. Tried to make Will Grigg toscoprer too, but failed. 

6vy3lhh.png

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Finished my first season. Won the league and the Leasing.com Trophy or whatever the fuck that thing was called. Tried to make Will Grigg toscoprer too, but failed. 

6vy3lhh.png

When you get outscored by Gary Madine, you might just want to resign on the spot. 

Bolton did strongly as well considering the points deduction. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Looking forward to your next update :) 

I'm that annoyed at it I don't think it's going to be in anything like the detail. We have been handed a cup final and top 4 on a plate and ended up with neither.

I'm back under pressure and I have no complaints.

Archived