Last 3 Meetings
03/10/2020 - Newcastle 3-1 Burnley
29/02/2020 - Newcastle 0-0 Burnley
14/12/2019 - Burnley 1-0 Newcastle

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Newcastle Team News:

🗣️ Steve Bruce confirms that Callum Wilson and Allan Saint-Maximin have trained all week and are "available" for the Burnley game.

🏥 Jamaal Lascelles will miss out with a foot injury suffered last week, with Steve Bruce fearing that the defender has a stress fracture. 

🗣️ Bruce adds that Federico Fernandez is back in contention, while Andy Carroll could be involved after a return to training. Ryan Fraser "hasn’t improved at all" after a groin problem, however. Isaac Hayden and Fabian Schar remain out.

🗣️Bruce on starting Wilson/Saint-Maximin: "That's the big decision I have to make. I’m mindful of the fact that both of them have had muscle injuries which you’ve always got to box carefully with. But I’m also wary that we’ve only got six weeks of the season left." 

Lascelles out for 8 weeks :dam:

I've never rated Burnley in any of our games against them and I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

They've always been there for the taking. 

It's the kind of game where someone like Saint Maximin could win it. But no doubt Bruce will have him on the bench :4_joy:

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Clear match of the weekend this.

Expecting end to end attacking football from both teams, but ultimately it will end 4-3 to Burnley. 

You jest but I thought Southampton vs Burnley last weekend would be boring as fuck but that turned out to be a really decent game to watch as a neutral!

Shocking display but predictable based on the line up. Saint Maximin on the bench in a must win game. Give me strength.

A good manager would have known the Spurs at home performance from that line up wouldn't be transferable to the task of Burnley away.

Yeah that’s horrific reffing. Newcastle’s defending on that goal was nearly as bad mind. 

Think all 20 PL clubs should absolutely rip into Mike Riley & the rest of cronies at the post season meeting. Been nothing short of disgraceful all season long. 

It just goes to highlight how quality a player is when he can come on and transform a game just like that between two average sides.

I'd have Saint Maxamin in a heartbeat if it wasn't for the fact he's made like a biscuit.

Terrific player though. Better end quality than Traore for me.

7 minutes ago, Lucas said:

It just goes to highlight how quality a player is when he can come on and transform a game just like that between two average sides.

I'd have Saint Maxamin in a heartbeat if it wasn't for the fact he's made like a biscuit.

Terrific player though. Better end quality than Traore for me.

I don't rate Traore at all, just gets a lot of plaudits for the #beastmode memes and posts on social media.

1 minute ago, Rick said:

That’s Newcastle safe, six point cushion and a game in hand. 

Not safe yet. Our fixtures are rough, could easily lose next 5 and we have Fulham last game of the season. We need to be 4 clear of them going into that. I think that means we need to beat one of the top 6 or Arsenal.

Steve Bruce has worked wonders at Newcastle it has to be said, a great escape on par with Nigel Pearson at Leicester. 

When you think about it, Newcastle could be a decent shout to win the league next year after the foundations being laid here.

28 minutes ago, SkyBruce Championship said:

Not safe yet. Our fixtures are rough, could easily lose next 5 and we have Fulham last game of the season. We need to be 4 clear of them going into that. I think that means we need to beat one of the top 6 or Arsenal.

You won’t lose every game you have left, and I can’t see Fulham getting the points to catch you as it is. I forgot that you play them last day so maybe it’s not QUITE over but it’s going to take some mammoth effort from Fulham. 

Archived