Last 3 Meetings
01/01/2021 - Everton 0-1 West Ham
30/09/2020 - Everton 4-1 West Ham
18/01/2020 - West Ham 1-1 Everton

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

We've executed that exact victory at what feels like every team in the top half xD. Too bad about our inability to beat anyone at home. Still in with a shout of beating Spurs to a European spot, don't think we'll get Liverpool. West Ham might still be on the table depending on their results.

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Devil said:

Just checked the table and unless I'm mistaken that's us in isn't it? 

If West ham lose. 

You were pretty much there anyway. 12 points ahead and a vastly superior GD, regardless of what happened today.

Just now, Stan said:

You were pretty much there anyway. 12 points ahead and a vastly superior GD, regardless of what happened today.

Good news for your lot to be fair, I expect he will rotate the majority if the team for Tuesday night now. 

• Administrator
Just now, Devil said:

Good news for your lot to be fair, I expect he will rotate the majority if the team for Tuesday night now. 

Definitely. The ideal results today, pretty much. We were never getting 2nd so was glad you went strong. Maguire injured and looked like Rashford picked up a knock, Ole hinting at heavy rotation anyway. This result for West Ham plays in to our hands a lot. If anything, it's Liverpool I'm worried about now so job's on you lot to sort them out on Thursday ;) 

That was an absolutely horrible game to watch.

I expected more from West Ham but it feels like they are running out of juice. You cannot go 90mins without a shot on target and expect to get anything from the game. All that ball and just couldn't muster a single bit of quality today.

There was no variety to their play either. The main threat was to cross the ball in the box which was meat and drink for the Everton defence.

Textbook Everton performance that, patient, very resolute and hard to breakdown. It's not pretty and I did have to double check they had 11 men on the field at one point but it's another three points on the road so they won't give a monkey's. Everyone's different.

52 minutes ago, Devil said:

Just checked the table and unless I'm mistaken that's us in isn't it? 

If West ham lose. 

Can be caught on GD I believe but yeah, would take a meltdown of all meltdowns to not qualify now. 

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Can be caught on GD I believe but yeah, would take a meltdown of all meltdowns to not qualify now. 

By who?

• The title was changed to West Ham 0-1 Everton - Sunday 9th May, 2021
4 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

We've executed that exact victory at what feels like every team in the top half xD. Too bad about our inability to beat anyone at home. Still in with a shout of beating Spurs to a European spot, don't think we'll get Liverpool. West Ham might still be on the table depending on their results.

You’re definitely welcome to the conference league spot - if we don’t finish 6th rather finish 8th 

• The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber

Didn't clock this at the time, and don't know if it was going in anyway, but it is another feather in the VAR/officials' cap. Also (not that it should be a factor) why weren't King and Calvert-Lewin screaming their heads off? Probably gets checked if they do.

13 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Didn't clock this at the time, and don't know if it was going in anyway, but it is another feather in the VAR/officials' cap. Also (not that it should be a factor) why weren't King and Calvert-Lewin screaming their heads off? Probably gets checked if they do.

I'm not surprised the VAR official/ref didn't notice - the officials are oblivious. But yeah... why the fuck aren't King & DCL screaming their heads off? It's not like it was 10 seconds left, but 10 minutes. Could have absolutely killed the match off with that.

Also holy shit that's so blatant, how did commentators not even mention it? I caught the last 30 minutes of the match... I didn't hear a single mention of it after it happened. And tbh, I didn't even notice it had happened until you'd posted that!

Archived