The better place to talk football.

Wenzels >>> Greggs

football forum

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Never heard of Wenzels.

You won't have, the furthest north they have a shop is Stevenage. 

Based on their coverage we can expect them in Manchester in 2031. 

• Administrator
43 minutes ago, Devil said:

You won't have, the furthest north they have a shop is Stevenage. 

Based on their coverage we can expect them in Manchester in 2031. 

I live in the south though xD 

10 minutes ago, Danny said:

Pop in to one next time you're in London

Yes sir.

What's special about it?

• Administrator
Just now, Devil said:

I assumed you were from Leicester which I would always consider the Midlands. 

It certainly is! But not me :) 

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

I live in the south though xD 

Yes sir.

What's special about it?

Tbh it's just better quality, pastry tastes better, like actual pastry. Greggs doesn't cook it's pastry properly hence the really small and flat steak slices. They do a nice "Jamaican" Beef patty too. They do nice sandwiches/baguettes too but also do really good sweet stuff, like Oreo pastrys/terry's chocolate orange pastry's as well as the classics like Eclairs and Viennese Fingers

20 minutes ago, Danny said:

Tbh it's just better quality, pastry tastes better, like actual pastry. Greggs doesn't cook it's pastry properly hence the really small and flat steak slices. They do a nice "Jamaican" Beef patty too. They do nice sandwiches/baguettes too but also do really good sweet stuff, like Oreo pastrys/terry's chocolate orange pastry's as well as the classics like Eclairs and Viennese Fingers

@Danny Serious question, have Wenzels employed you to promoted the company on the forum? :4_joy:

Because if they have you're doing a good job, next time I'm in London I'm getting myself a Jamaican Beef Patty off your advice!!!

Second question, do they have Pound Bakery in the South?

Meat and potato pasty minus the meat and barely any potato.

16 minutes ago, Devil said:

@Danny Serious question, have Wenzels employed you to promoted the company on the forum? :4_joy:

Because if they have you're doing a good job, next time I'm in London I'm getting myself a Jamaican Beef Patty off your advice!!!

Second question, do they have Pound Bakery in the South?

Meat and potato pasty minus the meat and barely any potato.

Tbh there are better places to go in London than Wenzels for a beef patty, like actual Caribbean restaurants. But as something in a mainstream bakery it's nice.

And no theres no Pound Bakery selling blank and blank pasty's here xD A lot of shit train station/petrol garage grub though that you regret buying the moment you bite into it

Poor old Greggs, getting mugged off by the Pound Bakery in the North because everyone is a tight twat and is now getting mugged off in the South by Wenzel's.

Greggs are the Arsenal of the bakery world.

On 24/05/2021 at 10:53, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Looks alright from what I saw. Shame it's London only. 

It's your standard factory produced bakers. Can't say there's anything really great there. I wouldn't bother with their croissants or sweet treats personally. You might find a baguette you like, but I vaguely recall the egg and cress being like cream. They stayed open throughout lockdown with queues out the door so I'd expect they have the cash to start spreading more.

On 24/05/2021 at 09:22, DeadLinesman said:

Wenzels just sounds like a Greggs for hipsters.

It's based in North West London. A hipster in those parts is a type of mens underwear found in M&S. The average age is probably 85. 

Archived