• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Daniel Ek's Efforts to Buy Arsenal

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ScoRoss said:

Spotify Co-founder and CEO wants to buy Arsenal

Has Spotify ever turned a profit? Or is this guy super rich even away from Spotify?

If he has the £800m+ that Kroenke would probably want then hopefully he makes a bid. And then hopefully he gets rid of all the new people put into decision making positions since Wenger left.

4 minutes ago, shut up said:

Not sure if he has the wealth? Obviously a billionaire, but kroenke is worth a lot more

If he did buy the club it would involve borrowing large sums or money, at least with Kroenke there is no debt in the company apart from the business its self making losses from not playing in the Champions League over the last several years and the covid situation.    Kroenke would be fine as an owner if he had footballing people to run the club, going back to David Dein he understood how the football world worked and understood the meaning of a football club.  Our directors are mostly accountants or ex lawyers and commercial backgrounds like that weasel Vinai Venkastesham. 

37 minutes ago, shut up said:

Not sure if he has the wealth? Obviously a billionaire, but kroenke is worth a lot more

To be fair, he has about half of what Kroenke does. Plus, Kroenke owns 8 professional sports teams. 

If he can get a decent partner in to put some cash in (won’t be hard being a billionaire with billionaire mates) then I reckon there’s a good basis there. Him being an Arsenal fan, and having Arsenal legends possibly investing into the club would be a great step.

There aren’t too many shitter owners than Kroenke in an aspirational sense, but the one thing he has done is kept you as a money maker despite not putting much of it back into the team. If you get people who actually care on some level, there’s no reason you can’t climb back up the table like we have done in the last few years. I hope it happens, because it doesn’t feel right not having Arsenal being a proper force in the league. 

I'm pretty certain we make enough money that we dont need outside investment. We just need better owners who care about us and run it well. 

11 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I'm pretty certain we make enough money that we dont need outside investment. We just need better owners who care about us and run it well. 

By the ex players investing, I meant as partners in buying the club from Kroenke. 

6 minutes ago, Rick said:

By the ex players investing, I meant as partners in buying the club from Kroenke. 

It would be good to have ex players at the club. We could go from one of the worst run clubs to one of the best. We have spent more money than Chelsea in the last 5 years so I don't think investment is such an issue as some people make out it's just the terrible way the club is run and the way we always seem to let players contracts run down and then get no money for them. 

On 23/04/2021 at 15:32, 6666 said:

Has Spotify ever turned a profit? Or is this guy super rich even away from Spotify?

If he has the £800m+ that Kroenke would probably want then hopefully he makes a bid. And then hopefully he gets rid of all the new people put into decision making positions since Wenger left.

Q2 of 2019 was the first time they turned a profit, I believe. Regardless of how profitable they are, he's likely got a shitload of Spotify stock - and when they've had high points on the markets, he's probably sold some of his stock to get money. Whether he's got as much as Kroenke might ask for... I'm not sure. But if he sold all the shares in Spotify he currently has (he wouldn't, but theoretically if he did) at the price it was when I just checked he'd have about 10 billion.

Apparently kronke wont sell. It's so wrong that an owner can just do what they want with something that means so much to so many people. I dont have an issue with people running businesses how they want but when it's a football club its different 

Apparently kronke has put us up for sale. But it's not a main story even when you google arsenal and  no one has mentioned it on here. Is it just a rumour?

2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Apparently kronke has put us up for sale. But it's not a main story even when you google arsenal and  no one has mentioned it on here. Is it just a rumour?

Yes.

3 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

The Daily Mail's got an article about Kroenke putting the club up for sale. So there's an 80% chance it's bullshit.

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/04/2021 at 12:30, Gunnersauraus said:

So true, just wish we could find decent owners and return to the good old days. The club does turn a steady profit and one would hope those profits are not skimmed for uses than the Club.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived