• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(Round of 16) - Italy (aet)2-1 Austria - Saturday 26th June, 2021

football forum

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Quality off the bench showed for Italy. Chiesa should have come on much earlier. Austria ran out of steam a bit towards the end and that was exacerbated with the kind of players Italy could bring on. 

Enjoyed the game overall. Nice to see Italy get tested as well. 

Agreed. More depth from Italy. 
not sure why Chiesa started on the bench, injury? Or wanted to save him for Portugal/Belgium match. 
sure he’ll start in that game anyways. In that respect it’s hard to compare games due to different lineup/formation. 
however this game showed sides with more or equal depth that Italy are not untouchable like the first 3 games suggested 

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Yeah he's much more agile and mobile than Immobile. Not afraid to out himself about and get physical. 

Immobile is incredibly fast at full gallop. If you watch his highlights for Lazio is very much a counter-attacking striker, smashing it in in the turn

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Spike said:

They were probably right but I feel the two offsides given against Austria for the goal and the penalty were incredibly harsh.

How come? Arnautovic was definitely offside. 

Hinteregger and then Laimer (?) were also deemed offside too. Albeit it was closer but the correct decision. 

7 hours ago, The Käiser said:

Just so I’m clear, it’s not offside if a defender deflects it forward ?

Correct. But for the 'penalty' offside, it hit the defender then Hinteregger so it was offside. If there was no touch from Hinteregger then it would have resulted in the penalty call being checked and in my opinion, given. 

• The topic was unpinned
17 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

That should be an eye opener to the remaining teams that an organised display will completely throw Italy. 

I actually said after their 3rd group game that I feel the Italians will start fading when the knockout stages start.

Archived