• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(Round of 16) - Italy (aet)2-1 Austria - Saturday 26th June, 2021

football forum

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

To squeeze the header in from there is pretty impressive. 4 Italian defenders around him and he somehow finds the only place needed to score. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Eco said:

But he's held up the ball a couple of time, led to the goal, and has been able to use his body better than Ciro, which isn't usually the case.

Yeah he's much more agile and mobile than Immobile. Not afraid to out himself about and get physical. 

An excellent performance by Austria, they will return home with their heads held high. Italy have the depth required in these types of competitions to make a difference and I think that benefitted them today. An excellent match overall, unlucky Austria but congratulations to Italy.

• Administrator

Quality off the bench showed for Italy. Chiesa should have come on much earlier. Austria ran out of steam a bit towards the end and that was exacerbated with the kind of players Italy could bring on. 

Enjoyed the game overall. Nice to see Italy get tested as well. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Michael said:

You wanted anybody else but Gregoritsch to have that chance, I am sorry, but he is such an average player.

Foda should have brought Kalajdzic on much earlier, in my opinion. Or even better, started him. Either way, I wonder where do they go from here. 

Just now, nudge said:

Foda should have brought Kalajdzic on much earlier, in my opinion. Or even better, started him. Either way, I wonder where do they go from here. 

Yeah, well he certainly made a huge impact when he came on. I think Austria can take a great deal of inspiration from this performance. This is pretty much the same side that will play at the World Cup(If they qualify, which I am sure they will), so I think they have a very bright near future. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived