talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

3 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Holidays in the U.K. as well?

holidays here as well although due to football being played on holidays I still have to work xD

no complaints though. I love what I do.

Yeah, today's a bank holiday.

Just now, Cannabis said:

One of the perks of shaving isn't it? 

It just sucks balls when you forget all about it and head out of the house for dinner.

I actually don't think it's a bad look on some men but the connotations have ruined it. At least we can all still have handlebar moustaches as Stalin didn't ruin that, just like Lenin didn't ruin the goatee. My moustache is ridiculously thick beneath my nose but get redder and thiner as it goes around my mouth. :40_rage: 

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

For those of us that live in the UK, Shaun of the Dead is currently on ITV2. 

Absolute classic.

I'll catch it on ITV2 again in a few days time xD 

Just now, Cannabis said:

Living the dream mate? ;)

Not the dream per say. But I have my City Semi-Final match tomorrow, had  a huge interview today, and then my wife is leaving for VA next week. 

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Toony said:

Why?

Broken every bone in my body. 

Nah for over a year I've had loads of problems with my ears and throat. Ears getting blocked, bringing up blood when I blow my nose or sneeze. I had an endoscopy done but that didn't show anything abnormal. Always producing phlegm. Pretty much on demand xD

So here for a check up which I didn't know I needed! 

49 minutes ago, Stan said:

Broken every bone in my body. 

Nah for over a year I've had loads of problems with my ears and throat. Ears getting blocked, bringing up blood when I blow my nose or sneeze. I had an endoscopy done but that didn't show anything abnormal. Always producing phlegm. Pretty much on demand xD

So here for a check up which I didn't know I needed! 

Sounds odd, never heard of anything like that before.

Hope the check-up goes okay!

Wow - this week is unreal.

Tuesday we had a baby appointment with our new doctor. Baby Javier Zanetti is perfectly healthy.
Wednesday I had an interview at my dream job, which I believe went well. The new job would be a significant pay increase, and I'm already doing pretty welll for myself, so the extra income would be 100% savings.

And then since then I have been trying to schedule my semi-finals tennis match with my opponent. I'm seeded #3 and he is #46, but he is being a little twat and saying he doesn't want to play indoors, which is our only option since it is raining outside. If we can't get the match in tonight, the winner will be decided by the league....using a coin flip. So incredibly stupid that I could lose to this guy based on the luck of a coin.

City championships are tomorrow AM so I'm just hoping and praying that we play tonight and not put my fortune in the hands of a coin.

Oh, and my wife is going out of town for a week on some training. This means I'll get the house to myself which I'm absolutely looking forward to.

4 minutes ago, ATL said:

Wow - this week is unreal.

Tuesday we had a baby appointment with our new doctor. Baby Javier Zanetti is perfectly healthy.
Wednesday I had an interview at my dream job, which I believe went well. The new job would be a significant pay increase, and I'm already doing pretty welll for myself, so the extra income would be 100% savings.

And then since then I have been trying to schedule my semi-finals tennis match with my opponent. I'm seeded #3 and he is #46, but he is being a little twat and saying he doesn't want to play indoors, which is our only option since it is raining outside. If we can't get the match in tonight, the winner will be decided by the league....using a coin flip. So incredibly stupid that I could lose to this guy based on the luck of a coin.

City championships are tomorrow AM so I'm just hoping and praying that we play tonight and not put my fortune in the hands of a coin.

Oh, and my wife is going out of town for a week on some training. This means I'll get the house to myself which I'm absolutely looking forward to.

Surely if you're willing to play the match and he isn't you should be given the win? I'd make sure the people running this league know that I'm ready to play and my opponent isn't.

Yes, I would have thought they'd be fairer ways to decide the outcome of a match than a coin toss?

Perhaps he knows he won't beat you and is trying to not play the game hoping it goes to a coin toss where he then has a 50% chance of winning.

19 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Surely if you're willing to play the match and he isn't you should be given the win? I'd make sure the people running this league know that I'm ready to play and my opponent isn't.

6 minutes ago, Toony said:

Yes, I would have thought they'd be fairer ways to decide the outcome of a match than a coin toss?

Perhaps he knows he won't beat you and is trying to not play the game hoping it goes to a coin toss where he then has a 50% chance of winning.

I have reported him to the league and haven't heard back. Luckily I only communicate via text so everything is saved.

I have played him before, and won 6-1, 6-0. So it might be in his best interest to flip a coin.

Man, I am so livid right now - so despite me bending over backwards to play my opponent, being undefeated, and the higher seed, I will not be in the Championship match tomorrow because of a stupid fucking coin toss. 

What a fucking bunch of idiots this league is ran by, I am going to find another league to play in after this shit. 

1 hour ago, ATL said:

Man, I am so livid right now - so despite me bending over backwards to play my opponent, being undefeated, and the higher seed, I will not be in the Championship match tomorrow because of a stupid fucking coin toss. 

What a fucking bunch of idiots this league is ran by, I am going to find another league to play in after this shit. 

That is beyond pathetic.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ATL said:

That's poor, I can't believe there is no way around the coin toss if people make more effort to play the match than the opponent.

It's common sense.

• Upvote 1

HAHAHAHA - Quick little update on the Tennis Front.

Since the championships were Saturday, I had to check this morning to see who won. Turns out the P.O.S. that avoided me at all costs lost 6-2, 6-2 in the final.

I'm pathetic for how satisfied it makes me feel.

2 hours ago, ATL said:

HAHAHAHA - Quick little update on the Tennis Front.

Since the championships were Saturday, I had to check this morning to see who won. Turns out the P.O.S. that avoided me at all costs lost 6-2, 6-2 in the final.

I'm pathetic for how satisfied it makes me feel.

Not at all pathetic from you. The s.o.b. deserved to lose for being such a sore and whiny waster.